Search

KE/DL: BOS-TYO $2.2k o/w

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2023, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
KE/DL: BOS-TYO $2.2k o/w

DL is Z-class and KE is R-class. Sadly, for this route, this is a pretty good price. R/T is twice that.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 10:46 am

Programs: Skyteam
if you can reposition, there are good business fare out of Toronto and Montreal several times a year for less sometimes.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by skchin
if you can reposition, there are good business fare out of Toronto and Montreal several times a year for less sometimes.
one-way?
Old Nov 2, 2023, 6:18 pm

Repositioned to YYZ recently from the US for a cheaper transatlantic J fare. Definitely doable, but I have to say it was more painful than I thought it would be, even with the ArriveCan mobile app. Clearing customs and reclearing security without Precheck at YYZ probably took a solid hour. That said, would do it again if the flights were >$1K cheaper overall.

Getting back to the fare - hoping this is a sign that Asia fares are coming down. Those cheaper Finnair flights would be incredible for OW status.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 6:23 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by RSTflyer
Repositioned to YYZ recently from the US for a cheaper transatlantic J fare. Definitely doable, but I have to say it was more painful than I thought it would be, even with the ArriveCan mobile app. Clearing customs and reclearing security without Precheck at YYZ probably took a solid hour. That said, would do it again if the flights were >$1K cheaper overall.

Getting back to the fare - hoping this is a sign that Asia fares are coming down. Those cheaper Finnair flights would be incredible for OW status.
If you're arriving and leaving out of T1 and have no checked bags or can check through the bags then you don't need to clear customs at YYZ, there's sterile transfer.

Cheap TATL perhaps you were on BA or similar operating out of T3? It's unfortunate that you specifically need NEXUS to make that process easier as there's no other quick way through customs and security.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 6:34 pm

Yep, it was T3 for a BA flight. Didn't realize T3 didn't have sterile transit .

Am applying for Nexus, though, so hopefully will get that...eventually.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 7:40 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by cfischer
DL is Z-class and KE is R-class. Sadly, for this route, this is a pretty good price. R/T is twice that.
What is the date range? I can't find anything less than $3500!
Old Nov 2, 2023, 10:58 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
While YYZ has good transatlantic J fares, it does not have good TPAC J fares these days.

This is a decent fare flying out from the east coast.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 1:54 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
If you're arriving and leaving out of T1 and have no checked bags or can check through the bags then you don't need to clear customs at YYZ, there's sterile transfer.

Cheap TATL perhaps you were on BA or similar operating out of T3? It's unfortunate that you specifically need NEXUS to make that process easier as there's no other quick way through customs and security.
Your Global Entry card will get you access to the trusted travelled security (the lanes that may say NEXUS) but for arrival yeah, there is no other option.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 9:33 am

Programs: Emirates,NEXUS
Last summer I paid $1,500 (RT) BOS-ICN on AA/Asiana.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.