Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

TP YYZ-FNC in J $1,800CAD December 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2023, 11:51 am
Formerly known as tireman77
Original Poster

Found this looking for a milage run. Lie flats on TATL. Matrix ITA indicates it books in J. TP J offer 200% SQMs on AC, if I recall so should generate apx 16,720 SQMs. Plus not a bad place to spend a weekend, me thinks.

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...wxwpX5LQveuqY9

Old Aug 28, 2023, 3:17 pm

I’ve been following this route for a while. I was there last month. This is a frequently available fare for TAP. I enjoyed the flight experience more than I expected, but TAP’s lounges are gross.
jcturnbull and ella2303 like this.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Is the situation with TAP fare buckets still unclear before booking? It feels like it's always a gamble trying to calculate PQP earnings for UA from TAP flights.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 5:24 pm

Programs: United Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Diamond
I’m interested in the question raised. The PQPs for J should be very straightforward per United’s website. https://www.united.com/en/us/fly/mil...-portugal.html

what problems have people had?
Old Aug 29, 2023, 4:52 am

Programs: AC SE, Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by PLeblond
Found this looking for a milage run. Lie flats on TATL. Matrix ITA indicates it books in J. TP J offer 200% SQMs on AC, if I recall so should generate apx 16,720 SQMs. Plus not a bad place to spend a weekend, me thinks.
Great find, @PLeblond. I'm not very familiar with Matrix ITA...do you know whether the info about booking into J is reliable/certain? I thought I read recently on FT that TP booking classes are inscrutable and sometimes surprising, although I'm not sure what exactly the issue is supposed to be (maybe just that they are not visible ahead of time while booking, although presumably they show up in the confirmation email.... I could just book and see although it looks like TAP charges 45-75 euro even within the first 24hrs, unlike AC.)

thanks.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 5:30 am
Formerly known as tireman77
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyingcrooked
Great find, @PLeblond. I'm not very familiar with Matrix ITA...do you know whether the info about booking into J is reliable/certain? I thought I read recently on FT that TP booking classes are inscrutable and sometimes surprising, although I'm not sure what exactly the issue is supposed to be (maybe just that they are not visible ahead of time while booking, although presumably they show up in the confirmation email.... I could just book and see although it looks like TAP charges 45-75 euro even within the first 24hrs, unlike AC.)

thanks.
I have no personal experience with TP and AP, but from AC's own chart, all classes of Business seems to pay 200%.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 9:28 am

Programs: AC SE, Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by PLeblond
I have no personal experience with TP and AP, but from AC's own chart, all classes of Business seems to pay 200%.
Thanks. I had seen that chart but what always worries me is the fine print at the bottom that reads "Booking classes not listed in the chart above are not eligible for accumulation."

Googling 'tap fare classes' there are tons of complaints on FT about TAP using a fare class that's different from what's on the ticket, but from what I can see all these complaints are about economy fare classes. I haven't been able to find a post where someone confirms or refutes that C,D,J and Z are the only four booking classes TAP uses for J (there's a post where someone asks that question but it doesn't get answered).

That said, EF shows the YYZ-LIS segment as C9D8Z5J3I0R0Y9B9G0M9S9H9Q9X0V9W0A0K0L0U0E0T0O0N0. I is shown as a biz fare and R as an economy fare. Maybe those are both award classes. In any event it looks like the lowest biz class with space is J so that must be what this ticket is (as Matrix ITA says).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.