Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

(SV) LAX to BKK $2345 Business RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2023, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM

Cue comments about no alcohol on SV.
Attached Images  
Old Aug 15, 2023, 9:25 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by greycap7
​​​​​​
Also comments about needing a decent jacket or coat to survive the icebox aircon at JED airport. But other than that SV usually dishes out solid service.
AurelAF96, OxyTrojan and Deckter like this.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 10:21 am

Programs: DL Platinum
It looks like this is on an angled flat seat LAX to JED on SeatGuru. Does anyone know if that is the case? And looks like 789 JED to BKK. Those appear to have flat bed seats.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 11:04 am

Programs: FB Gold
Never trust Seat Guru. SV will not deliver angled flat seats to North America. The 777 which serves LAX is a 3-class (First, Business, Eco), this variant of the 777 has all flat seats in business.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 11:06 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Not a bad deal.

Now if only QR would match
Old Aug 15, 2023, 11:39 am

Programs: BA, QF, DL, A3, IHG
Originally Posted by greycap7
The banana date smoothie more than makes up for it in terms of calories and sugar inebriation.
irishguy28 and cln like this.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 4:52 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
More on topic:

How many MQDs would this earn on DL?

Seems like it would be a good run.
PLeblond likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 5:11 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Silver, UA Plat
Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin
More on topic:

How many MQDs would this earn on DL?

Seems like it would be a good run.
Looks like these book into D/I fare so 20% of distance or around $4962 MQD for the round trip
Old Aug 16, 2023, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by s1c3r1a1b3b3l1e1
It looks like this is on an angled flat seat LAX to JED on SeatGuru. Does anyone know if that is the case? And looks like 789 JED to BKK. Those appear to have flat bed seats.

SV only flies the 77Z with registrations HZ-AK36, 37, 38, 40, 41, 42 and 43 to LAX. Because of cabin (P) and for operational reasons.

These planes are fitted with this cabin.
Pyrenees likes this.

Last edited by on.the.bowery; Aug 16, 2023 at 5:30 am
Old Aug 16, 2023, 5:08 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Does SV allow passengers to bring their own alcohol and be served by crew?
Old Aug 16, 2023, 5:09 am

Looked at Aero Lopa and not sure how to be friends? Seems like reading court cases for legal advice. Allowed but a bad idea.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 6:02 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
I am 99.99%+ sure that this won't be an option. However, you can have a couple drinks at the LAX or BKK lounge before departure, provided you don't get into the plane wasted...
I was reading reports that alcohol (like duty free shopping) in carry on or even checked-in is not permitted due to transit in KSA. It would certainly be confiscated during transit security check in JED or RUH in you carry-on but not sure about any alcohol you would have in your checked in bag.
trooper likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 6:22 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
Originally Posted by palmanfr
I am 99.99%+ sure that this won't be an option.
As far as I know some of the dry airlines do permit BYOB (bring your own bottle), such as Egyptian, Brunei, and I think Kuwait. On these airlines you should disclose to the gate agent and/or crew that you have alcohol and they will typically take it from you and serve it upon request, don't try and hide it.

However Saudia is definitely not in the BYOB camp, alcohol is strictly verboten and there would be considerable kerfuffle if alcohol is discovered on board, including evidence of it's consumption, and would probably result in a welcoming committee of the sort you don't want at JED.

Originally Posted by palmanfr
I was reading reports that alcohol (like duty free shopping) in carry on or even checked-in is not permitted due to transit in KSA.
Yep, trying to transit with alcohol is also a very bad idea.

If you think you need access to or to consume alcohol then flying Saudia and transit in the KSA is the wrong airline/country.
EmailKid, useless and trooper like this.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 9:22 am

How did you find the fare class? I used Saudia's website and booked a similar trip (for October) but was unable to see the fare class. Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 16, 2023, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by plunet
As far as I know some of the dry airlines do permit BYOB (bring your own bottle), such as Egyptian, Brunei, and I think Kuwait. On these airlines you should disclose to the gate agent and/or crew that you have alcohol and they will typically take it from you and serve it upon request, don't try and hide it.

However Saudia is definitely not in the BYOB camp, alcohol is strictly verboten and there would be considerable kerfuffle if alcohol is discovered on board, including evidence of it's consumption, and would probably result in a welcoming committee of the sort you don't want at JED.

Yep, trying to transit with alcohol is also a very bad idea.

If you think you need access to or to consume alcohol then flying Saudia and transit in the KSA is the wrong airline/country.
Are there any other concerns transiting through KSA? Or in the case of a cancellation/overnight? US passport holders/family with small children FWIW.

Just wondering for those who have done it. I see tons of deal territory fares to SE Asia from the US on SV and don’t care about drinking on the plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.