Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

SV TUN-BKK/CGK BUSINES ROUND TRIP CLASS I from 982 EUR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2023, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: baec

SAUDIA
BUSINESS CLASS I - 150% of flown miles for FLYING BLUE / 108 XP for the round trip if only one stop at JED or more with more stops ( JED and RUH)
From TUNIS to BANGKOK or JAKARTA via JEDDAH - short layover in JED available
Large availability from September 2023 to May 2024
Price from 982 EUR for a round trip
Cancellation possible with 107 EUR penalty

Last edited by Damien paris; Jul 3, 2023 at 2:12 pm
Old Jul 3, 2023, 2:05 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum - Aeroflot Gold (RIP)
Great deal, posted many times

To be noted : From September 2023 actually as they fly A300 at the moment without business class, even you can see it on google flight its not possible to book it
Old Jul 3, 2023, 2:33 pm

Great find. Thanks, OP!
Old Jul 3, 2023, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by Damien paris
SAUDIA
From TUNIS to BANGKOK or JAKARTA via JEDDAH - short layover in JED available
I was just eyeing this deal at the moment, thanks OP !
Is someone seeing any shorter layover than 6 Hrs ? It's the shortest I can find and it's a night layover..

Btw, does anyone knows if one can sleep at the lounge ? I tried that once before COVID and had the arabic music of the lounge played all night quite loud. Must say it was quite an experience !

P.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Originally Posted by advisorytoptop

To be noted : From September 2023 actually as they fly A300 at the moment without business class, even you can see it on google flight its not possible to book it
Do they really fly the A300? Is it leased from Iran or somewhere else? Not many A300s flying around in pax configuration.

Edit: Answer found here Help - Saudia downgraded flight TUN-JED

Last edited by Alec84; Jul 3, 2023 at 3:17 pm
Old Jul 3, 2023, 7:07 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Lifetime PAN AM Clipper Club
deleted
Old Jul 3, 2023, 9:25 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
https://matrix.itasoftware.com/itine...UUkwMDEifX0%3D
Old Jul 3, 2023, 10:10 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Polo_LRT
I was just eyeing this deal at the moment, thanks OP !
Is someone seeing any shorter layover than 6 Hrs ? It's the shortest I can find and it's a night layover..

Btw, does anyone knows if one can sleep at the lounge ? I tried that once before COVID and had the arabic music of the lounge played all night quite loud. Must say it was quite an experience !

P.
There are a few (4?) sleep rooms on the side of the lounge in JED but they don’t have any doors and are not immune to the lounge music and noise. It’s first come first serve situation and I’ve never been lucky enough to get one. There’s also a few sleep pods in the main lounge by the first coffee station. Oh and the AC is brutal.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 12:37 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black

it's not an A300, but one of a two wet leased A330-200

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/9h-bfs
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/9h-mfs

However there are a few flights where SV utilizes their own 777, 747 or A330 that have business class aboard. They are selling biz tickets for these flights - I would not rely on that as they might make last minute equipment changes.

And I think I found the reason why the flights are consideres as A300 - on the plane specification sheets from Maleth Aero they qoute the plane as A300-200 on the title page of the document. But in the text they write about an A330-200
https://uploads-ssl.webflow.com/62fc...332_9H-BFS.pdf
https://uploads-ssl.webflow.com/62fc...332_9H-MFS.pdf
Old Jul 4, 2023, 1:25 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum - Aeroflot Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
it's not an A300, but one of a two wet leased A330-200

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/9h-bfs
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/9h-mfs

However there are a few flights where SV utilizes their own 777, 747 or A330 that have business class aboard. They are selling biz tickets for these flights - I would not rely on that as they might make last minute equipment changes.

And I think I found the reason why the flights are consideres as A300 - on the plane specification sheets from Maleth Aero they qoute the plane as A300-200 on the title page of the document. But in the text they write about an A330-200
https://uploads-ssl.webflow.com/62fc...332_9H-BFS.pdf
https://uploads-ssl.webflow.com/62fc...332_9H-MFS.pdf

They have A300 in the fleet I saw it when I was in Jeddah recently, I don't know where they fly this old plane, so its not the good airplane in their website as I see in the history but its not possible to book any business class by the official Saudia website at the moment, only from September 1st it will be possible with the A330 =» screenshot shows 2 simulations in business class in August and September (one way first leg TUN to JED second is BKK)

Last edited by advisorytoptop; Jul 4, 2023 at 1:31 am
Old Jul 4, 2023, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Geek-interest might be excited by types and variants but the salient fact is the equipment scheduled to operate TUN JED currently offers only economy-class seating.

If there is an A300 in Saudia colours floating around, it's likely a stand-by spare, maybe employed in Haj (and other) charters.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 4:08 am

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
They have A300 in the fleet I saw it when I was in Jeddah recently, I don't know where they fly this old plane, so its not the good airplane in their website as I see in the history but its not possible to book any business class by the official Saudia website at the moment, only from September 1st it will be possible with the A330 =» screenshot shows 2 simulations in business class in August and September (one way first leg TUN to JED second is BKK)

The website has mentioned SV366 being an A300 for ages now, but the flights are on A330. Some times a 777 or a 747. When trying to buy a ticket for today's flight it even shows on their website that it's an A300 but the A330-200 is taking the flight (9H-MFS). It will show an A300 when it's that A330-200 from Maleth Aero, but an A330-300 like in your screenshot when it's the Wamos Air A330-300 (EC-NOF).

Old Jul 4, 2023, 4:35 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA

It is not that bad. First, there are no A300s flying anymore outside Iran. They fly wet leased A330s. Quite some of them have J. There was from April-May some upheaval since in that period they replaced all SV A330s with wet leased ones, and in that period most of the A330s were Y only and people were downgraded, but with one exception were re-routed with other carriers like Turkish or Qatar in J - in fact an upgrade. The problem is how to reach Tunis - from Amsterdam where I am not really cheap. My recommendation - see if you can book J for TUN-JED, and book with Saudia directly on their website to avoid that if they change aircraft, they have an excuse you have to deal with your travel agent or OTA first.
Help - Saudia downgraded flight TUN-JED
Old Jul 4, 2023, 4:39 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
There are a few (4?) sleep rooms on the side of the lounge in JED but they don’t have any doors and are not immune to the lounge music and noise. It’s first come first serve situation and I’ve never been lucky enough to get one. There’s also a few sleep pods in the main lounge by the first coffee station. Oh and the AC is brutal.
If you can get such a cheap J flight, if you end up with a long layover in JED I would recommend booking the walk-in airport hotel airside at the main international terminal. Some 100-130$ and you will have a great sleep. Cannot be booked in advance, just show up.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by atflyer
It is not that bad. First, there are no A300s flying anymore outside Iran. They fly wet leased A330s. Quite some of them have J. There was from April-May some upheaval since in that period they replaced all SV A330s with wet leased ones, and in that period most of the A330s were Y only and people were downgraded, but with one exception were re-routed with other carriers like Turkish or Qatar in J - in fact an upgrade. The problem is how to reach Tunis - from Amsterdam where I am not really cheap. My recommendation - see if you can book J for TUN-JED, and book with Saudia directly on their website to avoid that if they change aircraft, they have an excuse you have to deal with your travel agent or OTA first.
Help - Saudia downgraded flight TUN-JED

You might find a charter to Enfidha. From there you could get a taxi to Enfidha station then train to Tunis, though the rail schedules rarely align with air arrivals

If you are feeling fush it's a £50-odd limo-style/taxi trip to Tunis. Either way, you're going to need an overnight stop,
Sisyphus1carus likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.