Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

PY - AMS-PBM - 1571 EUR / $1728 r/t - Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2023, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Another deal on a less well known airline to an almost unknown place. The last few days business class fares on Suriname Airways from Amsterdam to Paramaribo, Suriname, have been fluctuating around 1570 EUR / $1725 in July and August and toward the end of the year. The fare is normally 2,000-2200 EUR / $2,200-$2,400.

Where is Suriname you ask - Northern South America. Take a look at the map below. I believe it's the only country outside Europe where Dutch is the official language (KLM flies there too).

As for the business class seat, I'm not sure what Suriname Airways is flying around at the moment, but last year they were leasing planes from Wamos Air and the business class seat was a lie-flat product. Maybe the Thompson Vantage or Recaro CL3710.

Lastly, I have been hesitant to post this deal because I'm not sure if it violates forum rules, you can't earn airline miles with any of the well known mileage programs, but you can supposedly earn miles with Suriname Airways Loyal Wings Program - https://www.flyslm.com/travel-inform...-wings-program

They also partner with esteemed airlines, such as Northwest Airlines! (haha!) - https://www.flyslm.com/corporate/about-us/partners

Google Flights
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...7fYzSf14yq4i78
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...YGCLuaCBdqdtE6

Let the flaming begin!

Moderators - If this post does violate the forum rules you are welcome to delete it and slap me on the wrist.

Maple Red, plunet, IggySD and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 12:25 am

That's a steal. Suriname is great for bird watchers and nature lovers - covered in Amazon rainforest with few roads. Note that there has been political unrest though. FYI - They speak Dutch in the Caribbean on the ABC and SSS Islands.
mediator, marks88 and cruser1 like this.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 1:33 am

I think that's very much the kind of deal I like to see here. Thanks!
cruser1 likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 2:10 am

Programs: M&M Senator, BAEC GGL, Delta Platinum
Been on the blogs for days.....
Old Apr 13, 2023, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by chrini1
Been on the blogs for days.....
As it is unlikely we all read the same blogs due to preference or geography thankyou so much for also posting here!
cruser1, arf04, mpkz and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 4:12 am

Programs: AA - CK/Airpass
Thank you so much for sharing this. Mrs. wutlol is from Curaçao and speaks Dutch, so this has been on both of our lists. I am also excited to knock off another airline from my list!
cruser1 and Brandinho1 like this.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 6:04 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, SQ Gold
Great deal. Looks like you can combine with a very cheap Y fare on the way back to drop and effectively get a $1300 OW if you need (€1100). Not quite as good per mile but still an excellent way back from Europe to the US (particularly if combined with some of their other cool airlines to hop across the Caribbean to MIA).
cruser1 likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 8:33 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

As with any lesser known airline, proceed with caution and get some good travel insurance (with cancellation coverage) in case something goes wrong with this airline.
cruser1 likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 9:27 am
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
PBM is quite a cool place to visit if you get the chance.

Just note the airport is really far outside of town.
cruser1 likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 10:58 am

Programs: Flying Blue silver
Mi moi switi kondre, mi switi Sranang.... this is the local language (sranang tongo). Suriname is worth visiting..i went 5 times. Never flew PY though, always KL.
cruser1 likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin
PBM is quite a cool place to visit if you get the chance.

Just note the airport is really far outside of town.
It does look like an interesting place to visit! I had mostly been tracking prices because it would be fun to try a new airline, but after doing some research, it does look like a cool place to visit too.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 9:26 pm

Programs: VA Silver
Originally Posted by TCASAlert
Great deal. Looks like you can combine with a very cheap Y fare on the way back to drop and effectively get a $1300 OW if you need (€1100). Not quite as good per mile but still an excellent way back from Europe to the US (particularly if combined with some of their other cool airlines to hop across the Caribbean to MIA).
How did you get the return leg to force into a economy fare? I tried this on ITA but when I say I want a business class leg first and then an economy leg it doesn't price out on PY, only get KL options.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dansyd
How did you get the return leg to force into a economy fare? I tried this on ITA but when I say I want a business class leg first and then an economy leg it doesn't price out on PY, only get KL options.
ITA and Google Flights only seem to display business class fares. If you want to see what it would cost to combine an economy segment with a business class segment you can go to Suriname Airway's website and start a booking to see what that would cost.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.