Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

RJ (Oneworld) ARN-BKK from 1393 EUR D-class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2023, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum

Royal Jordanian ARN-BKK from 1303 EUR by travelbrokers, 1461 EUR from RJ website . Travel dates Sep23-Feb24

fyi ARN-AMM is with A319, including recliner seats, not fully flat.

Last edited by Richey66; Mar 15, 2023 at 6:34 am
Old Mar 15, 2023, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by Richey66
Royal Jordanian ARN-BKK from 1303 EUR by travelbrokers, 1461 EUR from RJ website . Travel dates Sep23-Feb24
Any availability during Christmas? (23.12-6.1) couldn't find anything by Rj yet
Old Mar 15, 2023, 6:27 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Can anyone confirm that ARN-AMM earns 140 Tier Points with BAEC? BA's online calculator does not seem to work on that route.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by justflyaway
Any availability during Christmas? (23.12-6.1) couldn't find anything by Rj yet
Available only on Mondays, last 11.12 and then 8.1 until 29.1

Originally Posted by headingwest
Can anyone confirm that ARN-AMM earns 140 Tier Points with BAEC? BA's online calculator does not seem to work on that route.
e.g. CPH AMM earns 140 TPs so presumably yes, but you may have some "fun" with BA until you get the credit ...
headingwest and justflyaway like this.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe it is only LHR-AMM that was lowered to 80 TP, since BA converted their own LHR-AMM to Club Europe.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 8:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Calchas
I believe it is only LHR-AMM that was lowered to 80 TP, since BA converted their own LHR-AMM to Club Europe.
If anything BA should be offering a bonus rather than a reduction in TP to encourage people to fly the CE product for so long when some competitors on the relevant routes have long haul business class seats.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 1:12 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Thanks Richey66, I bought 2 tickets, 1 return and 1 one-way.

These can actually be bought cheaper than the mentioned price through some OTAs. I paid 1,288.25 EUR return and 774.09 EUR one-way (ARN-BKK). Which seems a pretty good price to me in current times, especially the one-way which enables me to get into Asia fairly cheaply for using my miles on an award ticket going the other way (lower taxes and fees).

I've never flown Royal Jordanian before, what's the experience like transitting in AMM? Any issues that I should be aware of?
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 4:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
Thanks Richey66, I bought 2 tickets, 1 return and 1 one-way.

These can actually be bought cheaper than the mentioned price through some OTAs. I paid 1,288.25 EUR return and 774.09 EUR one-way (ARN-BKK). Which seems a pretty good price to me in current times, especially the one-way which enables me to get into Asia fairly cheaply for using my miles on an award ticket going the other way (lower taxes and fees).

I've never flown Royal Jordanian before, what's the experience like transitting in AMM? Any issues that I should be aware of?
Can you share the OTA?
Old Mar 17, 2023, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Vgravity
Can you share the OTA?
These prices are only on Mondays. Use Skyscanner, set to Austria or Slovakia. That links through to Gotogate for booking. Not for the faint hearted I know!
Old Mar 17, 2023, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by salut0
If anything BA should be offering a bonus rather than a reduction in TP to encourage people to fly the CE product for so long when some competitors on the relevant routes have long haul business class seats.
Sure, but that's not what they did
Old Mar 17, 2023, 3:34 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Thanks everyone for posting about this.

Seeing possibilities on RJ as per your discoveries. Would prefer Qatar (see other thread OSL-BKK-AMS) for a number of reasons unless price is wildly different OR I could get a near 24hr stopover (or more without price readjustment) in Jordan in one or both directions included in the 1250-1500ish, that would definitely sway me RJ's way.

I'm trying to have a go at November - Jan/Feb, Europe to Bangkok (or nearby) & back for my folks & I.

Will explore further. Please keep us updated on any interesting finds :-)

Last edited by Sisyphus1carus; Mar 17, 2023 at 3:45 pm
Old Mar 19, 2023, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Amman is a nice place to spend 24 hours.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 3:54 am

One of my tickets has had the ARN-AMM flight downgraded to Y class.

As this flight originates in the EU, am I right in thinking that I am entitled to 50% of the fare back in compensation?
Old Oct 11, 2023, 11:47 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold

As this flight originates in the EU, am I right in thinking that I am entitled to 50% of the fare back in compensation?
Only for the sector affected, not the whole ticket.
headingwest likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 12:43 pm

Programs: BAEC

​​​​​​
Seems odd, do RJ really have any aircraft with no J seats? Worth giving them a ring and see if you can get reinstated or if there is a genuine constraint on the aircraft that day can you offer some date flexibility that they can accommodate with a no cost to you change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.