Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

MAN-JFK EI R CLASS UK945.64pounds

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2023, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: bdgold

Found this looking for flights to Mexico. Seems cheap for business class, sample date 4 Nov - 19 Nov. Book thru expedia. Not sure on mileage earning or other availability

regards
HarbourGent likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 9:14 am

Programs: AS 100K, DL DM 1MM, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by clipper99
Found this looking for flights to Mexico. Seems cheap for business class, sample date 4 Nov - 19 Nov. Book thru expedia. Not sure on mileage earning or other availability

regards
Mexico?
More complete information is needed, please!
Old Feb 17, 2023, 9:25 am

Seems to only work thru expedia - almost half price compared with booking direct with EI (£946 vs £1,764)
Old Feb 17, 2023, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Was looking to maybe split trip to Mexico into 2 portions , MAN - USA, USA - Mexico
Old Feb 17, 2023, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold

regards
Thread title says R class. R is deep discount economy on EI and not good with earning.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Repooc17
Thread title says R class. R is deep discount economy on EI and not good with earning.
Really - expertflyer is quoting R class as business?
Old Feb 17, 2023, 1:43 pm
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
The AS Mileage Plan website says EI R is economy and earns 25% EQM.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
BA TP Calculator shows EI R Class as discount economy. J, C and D are the only business class fares on EI, according to BA.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 2:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
EF does show R as business. For MAN-JFK Nov. 4/19 lowest business fare is RN2GE3GD at $1350 US (which excludes taxes and fees)
Old Feb 17, 2023, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
EF does show R as business. For MAN-JFK Nov. 4/19 lowest business fare is RN2GE3GD at $1350 US (which excludes taxes and fees)
Expedia has fare basis as RL2GUSGD. Base fare is around $370.

Look like that is a Economy fare labelled erroneously.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 2:02 am

Programs: UA MM, Hilton Diamond
I once booked a fare labelled erroneously on expedia. When I went to assign seats on SQ, it was only given me Y seats. Called expedia and they admitted it was labelled wrong. Was able to cancel for free and they issued me a $500 credit as an apology for a future trip. Was very happy with that
Old Feb 18, 2023, 9:38 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
R is not an error. It appears that EI is revamping its fare tables effective Oct. 1 to align with other IAG carriers, such that R will be a business class fare from that date onward. You can see this if you check the published fares on EF.

Note that if you plan to accrue to another carrier, they may still treat the R as an economy fare. AS is notorious for taking years to update its tables to reflect these sorts of changes.
Keter likes this.

Last edited by Kacee; Feb 18, 2023 at 9:43 am
Old Feb 18, 2023, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
R is not an error. It appears that EI is revamping its fare tables effective Oct. 1 to align with other IAG carriers, such that R will be a business class fare from that date onward. You can see this if you check the published fares on EF.
It's true that Aer Lingus is making changes as of 1 October 2023; see the section "Earning Tier Credits" on their website, which shows minimal changes as of 1 October 2023.

R is, and will remain, a "Saver" (i.e. deep discount economy) even after 1 October 2023 according to the examples given.
Attached Images  
Old Feb 18, 2023, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
It's true that Aer Lingus is making changes as of 1 October 2023; see the section "Earning Tier Credits" on their website, which shows minimal changes as of 1 October 2023.

R is, and will remain, a "Saver" (i.e. deep discount economy) even after 1 October 2023 according to the examples given.
I'm no expert on EI fares, but it looks to me like they're going to a model where "Saver" fares will be available across the full spectrum, including business class. So that on a TATL the "SAVR" suffix is not an indicator of booking class or cabin.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I'm no expert on EI fares, but it looks to me like they're going to a model where "Saver" fares will be available across the full spectrum, including business class. So that on a TATL the "SAVR" suffix is not an indicator of booking class or cabin.
"Saver" is only for Economy. In Business Class, there is just "Business" and "Business Flex" families.

Here's the earning table for Aer Club (their own FFP) for fares after 1 October 2023
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.