Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

INV-DFW Premium Economy AA/BA £590 rtn

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2022, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat for Life, ex BD Gld (RIP)

Very restricted days but may be useful to some. PE fares available for around £590 return on BA INV-LHR-EWR then AA EWR-DFW. Same on return. Ticketed and booked for two pax today for total of £1198.

Old Dec 27, 2022, 3:33 pm

Programs: BAEC
Just be wary, the surcharge (YQ) is heavily reduced which means if you are wanting to upgrade with Avios you've got that to contend with along with the recent Avios devaluation
Old Dec 27, 2022, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CharlesTheTog
Just be wary, the surcharge (YQ) is heavily reduced which means if you are wanting to upgrade with Avios you've got that to contend with along with the recent Avios devaluation
Taxes are reduced because journey starts in INV which is exempt from UK APD, saving £185 per pax. Upgrading has no effect on this - still no APD payable even if upgraded to J. The recent Avios changes only result in devaluation if using RFS which AFAIK doesn't apply to UUA. In any event, quite happy to fly the short TATL leg in PE.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 2:56 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by superscot
Taxes are reduced because journey starts in INV which is exempt from UK APD, saving £185 per pax. Upgrading has no effect on this - still no APD payable even if upgraded to J. The recent Avios changes only result in devaluation if using RFS which AFAIK doesn't apply to UUA. In any event, quite happy to fly the short TATL leg in PE.

Who mentioned anything about taxes? I clearly stated YQ which isn't a tax but a surcharge.

I am well aware of the lack of APD when departing from INV or JER as part of the Highland and Island scheme there is no APD which as you say saves £185.

Back to my original point, you will see that the fair price is still full price and that to get the total price down, they have reduced the YQ and not the actual fare price. This means, should you want to UUA you have a hefty price to pay. That's on top of the extra Avios you now need courtesy of the devaluation which isn't just applicable to RFS as you state.

t was only a few years ago that BA would reduce the fare component of the ticket on premium economy so that you were able to get INV-USA in PE for £500~ then UUA for pretty much no money and 20,000 Avios each way. Now they keep the fare component at full price and lower the YQ to get it around £500~ only now when you UUA, you have to make the difference of the lowered YQ up and it ends up costing loads. Clever from BA, poor for BA customers.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Whatever. It's still a great fare IMHO and I hope others can use the info in the way that I intended when I posted it.
onlysuites and Boeingbumper like this.

Last edited by superscot; Dec 28, 2022 at 9:45 am Reason: added info
Old Dec 28, 2022, 6:38 pm

This is also available in October to November as INV-JFK-LHR on AA ticket stock. Cheaper via AA than BA if you were to return to London. You can also do Edinburgh etc. on the return for around the same $600-$700 range and seems to come out the same on either AA or BA.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by CharlesTheTog
It was only a few years ago that BA would reduce the fare component of the ticket on premium economy so that you were able to get INV-USA in PE for £500~ then UUA for pretty much no money and 20,000 Avios each way. Now they keep the fare component at full price and lower the YQ to get it around £500~ only now when you UUA, you have to make the difference of the lowered YQ up and it ends up costing loads. Clever from BA, poor for BA customers.
Certainly for some BA customers, although I think a sufficiently small percentage of BA Y+ customers are using UUA to justify this fare being helpful to many.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.