Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Aa/ba/ow lax-lhr-ist j $2869

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aa/ba/ow lax-lhr-ist j $2869

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2022, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
I'm new to expert flyer. How do I check to see if it is posted when this fare ends? I am assuming some are listed as such and some are not.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 10:24 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
You can do this is PE for about $1515 before any discounts, and the LHR-IST leg books into business (R). Not that Club Europe is anything but an empty seat next to you.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 6:55 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Just to slide in a further point of education, the proper postal abbreviation for the Commonwealth of Kentucky is not KT. It's KY.

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Firstly, I am not nit-picking, I fully understand your point but I also seen an opportunity to share some information that possibly you and others may find useful.

Just like Airports have airport identifiers; LAX, HEL, NRT, CDG, CVG, LHR....., Larger cities or metropolises with multiple airports have City Identifiers. For Tokyo, that is TYO and recognized my most search engines.

If you are trying to find a flight from HND-ICN on JL, you will come up short because JL doesn't fly to ICN. In Seoul, South Korea, there are two airports, Icheon (ICN) & Gimpo (GMP). JL flies HND-GMP.

TYO encompases NRT & HND. Seoul has a city identifer of SEL which encompases ICN & GMP. If we search for flight from TYO-SEL it will return all flights from either NRT or HND to ICN or GMP. You would then see the JL HND-GMP as a result. Effectively, you are doing 4 searches at once. NRT-ICN, NRT-GMP, HND-ICN & HND-GMP.

Other City Identifers:

NYC: EWR, JFK, LGA
LON: LHR, LGW
PAR, CDG ORL

When searching and constructing routes to optimize for FF earnings, I will often use the City identifiers; you never know what gem you can find from an adjacent airport.

/Trivia: On

Amusingly, many airports are not actually in the city they identify. JFK & LGA are in Queens. MSY is in Kenner LA & YVR isn't in Vancouver, it is in Richmond on Sea Island.

Some airport identifiers don't even identify the city. As earlier shared, MSY is in Kenner, LA. There is an airport in New Orleans, NEW, but there was insufficient land to expand. A new facility was built in Kenner, LA at the (M)oisant (S)tock (Y)ard. Moisant was a stunt pilot that died in a crash.

CVG - Cincinnati OH, is an interesting Identifier. It is an airport identifer named after a city but it isn't Cincinnati and the airport isn't even in Ohio. The closest city to where the airport was built is CoVinGton, KT. If you have never been to Ohio & you are connecting through CVG, you still have never been to Ohio.

/Trivia: Off

LAX-LHR-IST/DXB is a little rich for me to call a MR but it is a good fare.

James
Old Nov 11, 2022, 9:40 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
This is definetely something to keep in mind. 4+ hrs in a economy seat from LHR-IST and back isn't the most fun

Shame they don't bring back the lie-flat A321s
Yeah this pretty much makes it a no-go for me. It's absurd that BA does this on these longer flights. Same thing to Cairo. There are some good ex-CAI fares, but since the wide-bodies and Lie Flat 321's are off this route, so am I.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 11:57 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
Yeah this pretty much makes it a no-go for me. It's absurd that BA does this on these longer flights. Same thing to Cairo. There are some good ex-CAI fares, but since the wide-bodies and Lie Flat 321's are off this route, so am I.
Yup. Really enjoyed the 787 from CAI to LHR.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 10:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
Also available in F from JFK on BA for $3948 with Chase 10%. Books into A transatlantic and J LHR -IST. Good mileage opportunity for AS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.