Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

DL: JFK-SFO rt, lots of availability for ~$1k

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2022, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

The fare itself is just normal "good deal for transcon" but there is a ton of availability the rest of this year and in 2023. Presumably further out bookings will give you a chance to schedule change to whatever time of day you want...
aquanine and OptionsCLE like this.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 4:41 pm

Sfo to jfk also works and AS and UA matching many dates.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 4:53 pm

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
Also valid LAX-JFK and vv. I haven't seen DL transcons available at this price (and with a lot of availability) in some time. Just cancelled some AS flights to EWR to jump on this. Notably, this fare requires round trip purchase - usually you can book one ways, which I prefer to do for potential changes, but the fare is higher.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 4:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K
Great find, thanks OP. Booked SFO-JFK RT for $1064 in July, one way was pricing $899 each.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by desafino
The fare itself is just normal "good deal for transcon" but there is a ton of availability the rest of this year and in 2023. Presumably further out bookings will give you a chance to schedule change to whatever time of day you want...
FWIW, Delta’s Same Day Confirmed also allows last seat availability in business class, free for Gold (50k+) elite, $50 I think otherwise. So you can change times that way too.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 8:09 am

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
So at first I was ho hum to this deal, but now that I see it available for thanksgiving week it’s a great deal. As I’m finding RT to Dallas that week for $1k plus.

nice find op
Old Sep 11, 2022, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL DM & 2MM; Marriott Titanium
Great find OP. Booked JFK-SFO for $1001 (yup, a palindrome :-)) via Amex.
Duke787 and aquanine like this.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 5:54 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by olouie
Sfo to jfk also works and AS and UA matching many dates.
AS is definitely not a match as it only has traditional domestic reclining first class seats and all the rest have flat beds.
PanAmSam likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 12:04 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Thanks, OP! Awesome fare. Booked three r/t and would book more if I had more open dates.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
AS is definitely not a match as it only has traditional domestic reclining first class seats and all the rest have flat beds.
And AS' meal service is also a disgrace compared to AA/B6/DL/UA on premium transcon routes
RichardInSF likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 8:23 am

Programs: Delta Diamond
Deal gone since Sunday noon. And then TPG posted about it.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 8:28 am

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Originally Posted by WillTravelForStories
It still looks available, but I don’t seen any availability around the holidays and also only
on AS. I did a quick search so perhaps there’s other carriers still available.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 10:15 am

Programs: AA PLT PRO, DL FO
Originally Posted by WillTravelForStories
I totally get the point you're making, but also fine with me if they want to post after the fare is dying/gone and I've already had my chance to pick up my choice of widely open inventory. For what it's worth, on JFK<->LAX DL seemed to pull all 2022 biz inventory other than full fare J around noon PT on Sunday, but there was plenty of the discount availability to EOS in 2023. I picked up some final summer 2023 flights for $1,095 with the Amex Platinum discount Sunday night before bed.
aquanine likes this.

Last edited by hhbean; Sep 13, 2022 at 10:22 am
Old Sep 13, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Fortune Wings Club Gold
Was a nice deal. I was able to use a Delta Vacations voucher to book SFO-JFK RT J for 1210 with a throwaway car rental.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I just took dl and as back to back and DL flies the old planes with seats that are terrible. Such a bad hard product I ended up with really bad back pain that it was a relief to fly AS back. But anyways matching prices was what I was referring to not hard products. Flying AA is nice and credit to AS goes well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.