Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BUD-HKG on AY biz in Nov for £1200 or 1400EUR.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2022, 2:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold OW Emerald, Virgin Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Gold

Hi,
Not sure what is the current covid rules in Hong Kong, but this seems a good fare if you need to go there regardless quarantine hotel and entry rules.
Cannot attach screengrab.
Budapest - Hong Kong via Helsinki, return, on Finnair, widely available in November for £1200 or 1400EUR. (also from mid-Jan until end of March)
I hope the link works:
Google Flight example

Last edited by Travel Todi; Aug 12, 2022 at 3:46 am
Old Aug 12, 2022, 2:58 am

HKG Entry Requirements

These were sent to me yesterday by a friend who lives there.
Hope it helps!

Day 0: PCR Test and RAT on arrival at airport
Day 1: Hotel isolation, RAT
Day 2: Hotel isolation, PCR test and RAT
Day 3: Last morning of hotel isolation, RAT. Ends after 09:00 if tests all negative
Day 4: Home health surveillance; PCR test in community testing centre or private lab, RAT. Not allowed to go to high-risk places
Day 5: Home health surveillance; No PCR but need to do RAT. Not allowed to go to high-risk places
Day 6: Home health surveillance; PCR test in community testing centre or private lab, RAT. Not allowed to go to high-risk places
Day 7: Last morning of home health surveillance, RAT. Allowed to go to high-risk places if all tests negative
Day 8: Health surveillance; PCR test in community testing centre or private lab, RAT. Allowed to move freely in the community
Day 9: Health surveillance; PCR test in community testing centre or private lab, RAT. Allowed to move freely in the community
Day 10: Last morning of health surveillance, RAT. Ends after 09:00 if tests all negative

Nothing very onerous there.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 3:09 am

From BUD to far east 1400EUR on biz class is quite common price throughout the year. This is not particularly great deal.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 4:59 am
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Originally Posted by JimmyTheJock
Hope it helps!

Day 3: Last morning of hotel isolation, RAT. Ends after 09:00 if tests all negative
Day 4: Home health surveillance; PCR test in community testing centre or private lab, RAT. Not allowed to go to high-risk places
Day 5: Home health surveillance; No PCR but need to do RAT. Not allowed to go to high-risk places
Day 6: Home health surveillance; PCR test in community testing centre or private lab, RAT. Not allowed to go to high-risk places
Day 7: Last morning of home health surveillance, RAT. Allowed to go to high-risk places if all tests negative
Day 8: Health surveillance; PCR test in community testing centre or private lab, RAT. Allowed to move freely in the community
Day 9: Health surveillance; PCR test in community testing centre or private lab, RAT. Allowed to move freely in the community
Day 10: Last morning of health surveillance, RAT. Ends after 09:00 if tests all negative

I've just departed HKG after spending about a month there (using the previous 7-day quarantine cycle) -- home health surveillance for my 9th - 12 days wasn't particularly onerous, you just swing by a PCR test centre which is available in many places and go about your business. Most areas are not too fussed about scanning your app (malls, parks, buses/taxis, etc.) with eateries, cinemas, museums, some non-DQH hotels being the exception (generally the higher end, the more strict). Your eating options during those 4 days are likely limited to buying food to prepare from a supermarket / wet market, or meals from foodpanda/deliveroo.

Your biggest headache (at least for me, it was) getting a hotel to match with your flight -- rooms are often speculatively booked full (or agents will book a block of rooms to re-sell), finding a flight that matches with your hotel quarantine could be quite cumbersome. Don't assume that with the reduction of 7 day quarantine to 3 day quarantine will result in higher availability of rooms because (a) more people will want to enter HK now that it's shortened, so more people will be competing for the same # of rooms, and (b) rooms aren't turned around right away because they undergo "deep" "cleaning" after every guest stay which normally takes up close to a full day, so even though you're staying in the room for 3 nights / 2 days, the room will realistically be unavailable for close to 4 days.

The new rules are geared towards business travelers -- arrive on a Friday night, and you're out on Monday morning for meetings (maybe don't schedule something right at 9.30, the queues to leave DQHs can stretch quite a bit as they only allow one party of quarantiners to depart at a time.
jfkeze likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 11:36 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Is this a web only fare? It does show on Finnair, but ITA shows a higher price by about €300 and I cannot find the fare rules on EF. That makes it a bit difficult to optimize for my use.

What is the situation in HKG with onward connections with a different ticket?
Old Aug 12, 2022, 1:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
Is this a web only fare? It does show on Finnair, but ITA shows a higher price by about €300 and I cannot find the fare rules on EF. That makes it a bit difficult to optimize for my use.

What is the situation in HKG with onward connections with a different ticket?
Cant find it ether.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 1:55 pm

The fare is not available on any single day from now on - however it is available throughout November, from mid-January to end-March, from early-May to mid-June (minimum stay 6 days). It is bookable on Finnair - Business Light for HUF 558k (€1420), Business Classic for HUF 658k (€1680), Business Flex for HUF 831.8k (€2120). Books in I. Whaf you see on ITA Matrix is (as usual) the fare with luggage included. Fare is INN0S6CZ.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by MichaelA380
The fare is not available on any single day from now on - however it is available throughout November, from mid-January to end-March, from early-May to mid-June (minimum stay 6 days). It is bookable on Finnair - Business Light for HUF 558k (€1420), Business Classic for HUF 658k (€1680), Business Flex for HUF 831.8k (€2120). Books in I. Whaf you see on ITA Matrix is (as usual) the fare with luggage included. Fare is INN0S6CZ.
What are the routing rules?
Old Aug 12, 2022, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by JimmyTheJock
Hope it helps!

Sounds like a fun vacation! Where do i sign up?
lhrsfo and JimmyTheJock like this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 6:35 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
HKG also allows airside transit on different carriers and separate tickets. No need for a PCR test (changed a few weeks ago).
I have yet to try it on my own, but intend to transit from AY to EK in Hong Kong in October and can report back then.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by El_Duderito
HKG also allows airside transit on different carriers and separate tickets. No need for a PCR test (changed a few weeks ago).<br />I have yet to try it on my own, but intend to transit from AY to EK in Hong Kong in October and can report back then.
<br />I'd love to use my current AY ticket to HKG in that way - but could not find official sources that confirm this (only transfers on same ticket are OK). Where did you find this?

Timatic also states a transit has to be on 1 ticket (for a trip in October)
Old Aug 13, 2022, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
I'd love to use my current AY ticket to HKG in that way - but could not find official sources that confirm this (only transfers on same ticket are OK). Where did you find this?
Official information here: https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...uirements.html
General transit requirements
You will be able to transit through Hong Kong if:
  • you hold a confirmed onward ticket or an onward boarding pass;
  • you meet the entry requirements of your final destination;
  • your baggage is checked through to your onward destination;
  • the connection time between your flights is within 24 hours.
Single ticket not required. Different airlines mean either bags checked through or carry on only, looks like.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by tr3k
Official information here: https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...uirements.html

Single ticket not required. Different airlines mean either bags checked through or carry on only, looks like.
Thanks for the link! As it is posted on the CX website, it makes me think it only applies to CX flights. Not sure if I could steer an outsourced AY agent in MXP away from Timatic and towards the CX website...
Old Aug 13, 2022, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
Thanks for the link! As it is posted on the CX website, it makes me think it only applies to CX flights. Not sure if I could steer an outsourced AY agent in MXP away from Timatic and towards the CX website...
Any airline. Same information from the HKG airport: https://www.hongkongairport.com/en/COVID19.page
Boarding Requirement for Transit/ transfer Passengers at HKIA

From 1 August 2022, passengers can use Hong Kong International Airport (HKIA) for transit/transfer on flights operated by different airlines. Passengers must hold a confirmed ticket or onward boarding pass departing HKIA within 24 hours of their scheduled time of arrival and baggage are tagged-through to their onward destination. Passengers should also confirm in advance that they are able to enter the final destination. Please check with airlines for details.

Transit/ transfer services at HKIA for passengers from airports in Mainland China have resumed from 15 August 2020 and will continue until further notice. However, transit/transfer services to destinations in Mainland China remain unavailable at HKIA.

If the information above is inconsistent with that released by the Government, the latter shall prevail. For details, please visit https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/inbound-travel.html or Government's latest announcement.
Unfortunately, Timatic has not been updated AFAICT, and still says:
Passengers in transit must enter and depart Hong Kong on a single ticket. Passengers must also have their baggage checked through to the final destination and hold airline onward boarding passes (web check-in or mobile boarding passes are not accepted).
Travel-Quinten likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 11:24 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
What are the routing rules?
But I still do not thing it is the right fare. I tried to build in stopovers but then it repriced to D fare.

Results from https://www.ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
Fare Routing Search:
Departing BUD on 12/06/22 for HKG
Fare basis code INN0S6CZ
Flying AY
Routing via Eastern Hemisphere

V FARE BASIS BK FARE TRAVEL-TICKET AP MINMAX RTG
1 INN0S6CZ I R 1607.00 ---- -/‡ 6/ - EH01
PASSENGER TYPE-ADT AUTO PRICE-YES
FROM-BUD TO-HKG CXR-AY TVL-06DEC22 RULE-CLB1 IPREUAS/4
FARE BASIS-INN0S6CZ SPECIAL FARE DIS-E VENDOR-ATP
FARE TYPE-BXR RT-2ND LEVEL BUSINESS CLASS EXCURSION
HUF 620200 2200 E15JUN21 D-INFINITY FC-INN0S6CZ FN-
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 14JUN21/2110 EXPIRES INFINITY

PUBLISHED RTG BUD-HKG/AY2200/TAR-EURG EF-15JUN21 DIS-INDEF

/WITHIN THE EASTERN HEMISPHERE/
DOM ROUTE VALIDATION APPLIES WITHIN ORIG/DEST COUNTRIES
MAP CONSTRUCTED LEFT TO RIGHT AND RIGHT TO LEFT
1. BUD-AY-HEL-AY-BJS-HX-HKG
2. BUD-AY-HEL-AY-BKK-AY/PG-HKG
3. BUD-AY-HEL-AY-BKK-CX-HKG
4. BUD-AY-HEL-AY-HKG
5. BUD-AY-HEL-AY-SIN-3K-HKG
6. BUD-LO-WAW-AY-HEL-AY-BJS-HX-HKG
7. BUD-LO-WAW-AY-HEL-AY-BKK-AY/PG-HKG
8. BUD-LO-WAW-AY-HEL-AY-BKK-CX-HKG
9. BUD-LO-WAW-AY-HEL-AY-HKG
10. BUD-LO-WAW-AY-HEL-AY-SIN-3K-HKG

Last edited by honzeek_cz; Aug 13, 2022 at 11:41 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.