Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

EVA Air: VIE to Brisbane from €2834

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2022, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

While not a pure bargain, this is a great fare on a quality airline such as EVA Air from Munich to Brisbane during peak summer season. These fare book into D class which earn 125% with most Star Alliance programs or 24888 miles and 200% or 39820 miles with Miles & More so useful for Lufthansa flyers out of Munich. Lowest fare shows on an OTA like Opodo.

Book Flights Here!

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page. Source: My site PremiumCabin.Deals
Scottyrocket likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 1:38 am

Taiwan certainly wasn’t even allowing international to international transit; have they opened that up yet?
Old Aug 11, 2022, 2:13 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by Dave_C
Taiwan certainly wasn’t even allowing international to international transit; have they opened that up yet?
I was thinking the same. But I did a search and found this:

https://nspp.mofa.gov.tw/nsppe/news....77&post=171182

It seems that the entry restrictions are being removed/reduced as of next Monday.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 4:59 am

Programs: QFF WP, VA SG, Hhonors Diamond
Just slight nitpicking, title says VIE but flights are from MUC.

Hmm awfully tempting though!
Old Aug 11, 2022, 5:48 am

Pretty mean lay-overs there, but good value looking at EU-AU pricing these days.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 10:13 am

Indeed interesting, was trying to check if its possible to extend it to AKL (BNE-AKL operated by NZ), but so far it seems not to work, compared to starting from VIE.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 2:42 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
This is VERY incorrect. They are JUST removing the PCR requirement...Quarantine is still required. See:

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4621721

Reid

Originally Posted by cheltzel
I was thinking the same. But I did a search and found this:

https://nspp.mofa.gov.tw/nsppe/news....77&post=171182

It seems that the entry restrictions are being removed/reduced as of next Monday.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by view
Pretty mean lay-overs there, but good value looking at EU-AU pricing these days.

Pre-covid the airport authority had a free half day tour into Taipei (morning) or some traditional village near the airport (afternoon) for people with long layovers. Although there is also a pretty easy direct train into the city, if you wanted to do your own thing.

Also there are some secret free showers, even for economy passengers, hidden along the hallway that connects terminal 1 and 2 on the airside. Also also there are free massage chairs at some gates. TPE isn't as new or fancy as some other airports in Asia, but they do a really good job making things nice for passengers. I would absolutely be happy with a long layover (assuming covid rules allow for casual entry).
view likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Originally Posted by joelfreak
This is VERY incorrect. They are JUST removing the PCR requirement...Quarantine is still required. See:

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4621721

Reid
Quarantine is for entry, the discussion above really was about transiting TPE. That has been opened. https://simpleflying.com/eva-air-tai...it-passengers/
Old Aug 11, 2022, 10:51 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
No quarantine required for transit passengers. I just flew this past week as a transit passenger on a single pnr with br thru tpe without issue.
Captain Canuck likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 1:33 am

Programs: UA 1K
With two 15h layovers you'd probably want to leave the terminal, though. But apparently there is a transit hotel that people might use if visiting Taipei isn't possible.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 4:14 am

Programs: LH SEN
Struggling to find this spelt out by official websites but looks like the "12-hour" and "same-day" limits have been lifted.

https://focustaiwan.tw/business/202208080005

Taipei, Aug. 8 (CNA) Transiting passengers at Taiwan Taoyuan International airport will no longer be confined to designated zones while waiting for connecting flights, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) has announced.

A 12-hour time limit between flights and a requirement that all legs of a transiting passenger's journey are issued on a single ticket has also been scrapped, effective Monday, according to the CECC.

The relaxed rules mean that transiting passengers will now be free to visit shops and dining options in the airport while waiting for a connecting flight, Taoyuan International Airport Corp. said in a statement.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 9:00 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by delpiero223
With two 15h layovers you'd probably want to leave the terminal, though. But apparently there is a transit hotel that people might use if visiting Taipei isn't possible.
I would not be too interested in booking something with a 16 hour and a 18 hour connection if there are no air-side hotels. I found references to an air-side hotel run by Plaza Premium but I cannot find an active link to the hotel, only the ability of booking a sleeping room in one of the PP lounges with a 6 hour maximum. Adding this in (or the cost of an air-side hotel room) will boost the overall trip cost up by something like 10% to 20%.

Hopefully the Taiwan authorities will continue to relax restrictions to allow enough entry for access to an airport area hotel.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 1:36 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Booking in D it would collect 200% with Miles and More for status miles, which could get me to go for this deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.