Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

TAP: YUL to Lisboa from CAD 1364 / USD 1066

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2022, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

Pretty nice sale for nonstop service between Montreal and Lisboa . This fare books into TAP J Class which credits at 200% to a variety of carriers. So on this trip you would earn 13044 miles in many Star Alliance programs.

Book Flights Here!

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page. Source: My site PremiumCabin.Deals
Old Jul 29, 2022, 5:51 pm

Books into J. Travel window between Aug 01 and Sep 11, 2022. Tickets must be purchased by Aug 04. Flights are on A321neo narrow body. I've flown TP on this aircraft TATL a number of times and have found the seat/bed quite comfortable and onboard service more than acceptable. I've always self assigned the solo throne seat and thought it spacious and very private.

VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING ON/AFTER 01AUG 22 AND ON/
BEFORE 31AUG 22. ALL TRAVEL MUST BE COMPLETED BY MIDNIGHT
ON 11SEP 22.
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 04AUG 22.
EmailKid and nk15 like this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
This is an amazing deal for last minute summer travel, and for a direct flight... too bad I booked mine last October. Oh, wait, mine was for $950, so still better, just more convoluted..

The only problem might be the last minute positioning on both ends of this fare, if needed, it can get pretty expensive...

Last edited by nk15; Jul 29, 2022 at 6:14 pm
Old Jul 29, 2022, 8:36 pm

FYI it looks like you can get OPO for the same price (about 700 miles extra). And MAD or AMS for $150CAD extra each way. I haven't found any other cities that are included though. And according to the fare rules you should be allowed one stopover free (and a second at $75CAD) but I haven't tested if that works yet.

If it wasn't for the AC double mile promo this would be a lot more compelling. I suppose it's better to get 2x miles and J than just 2x miles though
vocalizing likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 9:10 pm

Programs: AC 50k
this is a great deal.
Is anyone more (pro) able to help construct a route from YYZ-> to take advantage of the deal?
ideally all in one fare so I don't get completely owned with any delays.

I can fly out of YTO as well.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by zkzkz
FYI it looks like you can get OPO for the same price (about 700 miles extra). And MAD or AMS for $150CAD extra each way. I haven't found any other cities that are included though. And according to the fare rules you should be allowed one stopover free (and a second at $75CAD) but I haven't tested if that works yet.

If it wasn't for the AC double mile promo this would be a lot more compelling. I suppose it's better to get 2x miles and J than just 2x miles though
Oporto and Lisboa
flyme2 likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 7:28 am

Pity my August dance card is already full, otherwise this would be a no-brainer. I hope others realize how great a deal this is during peak summer season.

Thanks, ifkeze!
jfkeze likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 9:15 am

Programs: SAS EBD, QR Platinumr, HH Gold, Intercont Platinum Ambassador,CC Gold
Will this work the "other" way around?
How is the entry rules for Canada at present??
Old Jul 30, 2022, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by peterfox
Will this work the "other" way around?
How is the entry rules for Canada at present??
No, it's about $500 CAD more. To enter Canada no COVID-19 test is required if you are fully vaccinated.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 1:51 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Insane deal... was planning to go back to Portugal with a friend this fall but this made it a no brainer for a quick trip this summer.

Thanks OP
flyme2 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 3:29 pm

After one of my anticipated August trips fell through, I decided to go to Plan B, using this fare, and reserving the single throne seats on both long haul segments. I booked a multi-city itinerary that had two bookended stops in Lisbon and Porto in the middle. Fare came out to $1,570.87 CAD. Worked out well, as I was able to book via Amex Canada and use up my $200 CAD annual Platinum credit, bringing the final cost down to $1,370.87 CAD. I'll be doing some side trips elsewhere in Europe to meet up with friends, but probably avoiding the LH group due to their planned strike action.

Once again, thanks to ifkeze for posting this. I may not have come across it on my own.
jfkeze likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 6:55 am

Thought I'd report back on my TP experience, having completed a three week trip to Portugal and Spain (flying business on UX). In a word, it was great. On YUL-LIS, I slept for the whole duration of the flight, so no F&B. The throne seat I reserved was private, spacious and comfortable. Perhaps a larger occupant with greater girth might find fault, but I found it more than satisfactory. The comforter/blanket was nice, but the pillow was not as good as the one(s) in UA's Polaris product. An amenity kit was provided, but I don't bother with those, so no information on its contents. My morning flights, LIS-OPO and OPO-LIS were the typical intra-Europe business class product, so basically economy seating with a blocked middle seat and a snack pack, which I eschewed, having had breakfast in both the LIS and OPO lounges.
Due to my LIS-YUL flight departing at noon, I didn't want to sleep during the flight, so watched a couple of movies and had both the lunch and pre-arrival meals. Both were surprisingly good. I selected the Guinea Fowl for lunch, and it was restaurant calibre. Moist, tender and flavourful. The artichoke puree and accompanying salad were also excellent. The dessert trilogy of ice cream, fruit soup, cheese and crackers was a nice ending to the meal. I no longer consume alcohol, so no comment on the quality of the wines or port. The pre-arrival meal was a charcuterie plate with chicken breast, ham and cheese as well as fresh fruits and berries. Fresh hot bread rolls accompanied both meals. Service from the young all-male crew was attentive, professional and friendly. A refreshing departure from some of the jaded FA's I've come across on the legacy North American carriers. In the past couple of years, I've traveled TATL with TP in the solo throne seat a number of times on their new(ish) A321neo product, and have always been satisfied with both the hard and soft product. That said, I've never had any service related issues, so I can't speak to their less than stellar reputation in that regard. My mileage posted to UA, as expected, within four days. Fare class J yielded 4,078 RDM's and 680 PQP's on each of the TATL segments, and 215 RDM's and 36 PQP's on each of the LIS-OPO, OPO-LIS segments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.