Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

SFO-FCO Spring/Summer 2023 $2200 SkyTeam

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO-FCO Spring/Summer 2023 $2200 SkyTeam

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by UpperDeckJunkie
Has anyone managed to get a stopover in Paris on the return? I tried using dates where the discounted J fare was available FCO - SFO for the dates I wanted to go FCO - CDG and CDG - SFO but the fares doubles in price.
Fare basis: ZN5X86D1
Category 8: Stopover restrictions
NO STOPOVERS PERMITTED.
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 11:07 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by zebranz
Fare basis: ZN5X86D1
Category 8: Stopover restrictions
NO STOPOVERS PERMITTED.
Well that would explain it! Thanks for looking that up.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 11:21 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
It's only worth the $300 savings if you never have to make changes. Amex Travel (Expedia) is an absolute nightmare.
I totally agree. During the heart of the Covid cancellation period, Amex Travel would regularly try to deny me changes/cancellations that the airline had no problem with. So unless the savings is really amazing, I don't even bother with Platinum travel for air tickets.

For BA, I've fallen back on the AARP $200 discount on J and F which allows you to book directly on the BA website. I used this to get my own SFO-FCO round trip deal on BA J in December. Note to BA flyers: anyone of any age can join AARP and it's pretty darn cheap.

BTW, this is the second BA deal that this forum found for me just this year; the first was the SFO-MUC deal that was similar (but even cheaper) than SFO-FCO. Thanks, Flyertalkers!
af fp, Kacee and mildfrequence like this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, Delta PM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cfischer
nice if you haven't used your IAP Amex offer yet. Might stack with the DL offer.
What is IAP?
Old Jul 26, 2022, 6:26 pm

https://www.google.com/search?q=What...client=gws-wiz
Old Jul 26, 2022, 8:35 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I totally agree. During the heart of the Covid cancellation period, Amex Travel would regularly try to deny me changes/cancellations that the airline had no problem with. So unless the savings is really amazing, I don't even bother with Platinum travel for air tickets.

For BA, I've fallen back on the AARP $200 discount on J and F which allows you to book directly on the BA website. I used this to get my own SFO-FCO round trip deal on BA J in December. Note to BA flyers: anyone of any age can join AARP and it's pretty darn cheap.

BTW, this is the second BA deal that this forum found for me just this year; the first was the SFO-MUC deal that was similar (but even cheaper) than SFO-FCO. Thanks, Flyertalkers!
+ Get the BA Chase card and stack the AARP on top of Chase 10% discount (code: CHASEBA10).
RichardInSF likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 12:26 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BR787
+ Get the BA Chase card and stack the AARP on top of Chase 10% discount (code: CHASEBA10).
Good suggestion, but i am instead getting the 5x Membership Rewards from my Amex card. The BA Chase discount combined with the 3 Avios per dollar spent is a larger sum but the Amex points are way more flexible and don't ever expire. I know, it's a balancing act. If BA ever eliminated their huge YQ fees on award tickets, though, I'd shift in a heartbeat.
Kacee likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.