Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BKK-CAI-JFK $1293 One Way With Egypt Air

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2022, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skyteam Gold - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum - Hyatt Globalist

Angle flat seats but not sure if it's worth it but thought I'd post it anyway.

Old Apr 21, 2022, 10:29 am

In the past these were priced at $700ish. Those were the days.
(FWIW I like EgyptAir for the food and the earnings on Eurobonus)
Old Apr 21, 2022, 11:36 am

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
Maybe this will be useful for anyone who didn't get their USA - Bangkok tickets in time w/ the United mileage "Sale"
rt23456p likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Can you somebody review and confirm the Mileage credit on this ? As per this site (wheretocredit) it show only 10126miles if you credit to United Mileage plus.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skyteam Gold - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum - Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rajhyd99
Can you somebody review and confirm the Mileage credit on this ? As per this site (wheretocredit) it show only 10126miles if you credit to United Mileage plus.
I was wondering the same thing. Anyone has any ideas as to where to credit milage for best accrual?
Old Apr 21, 2022, 7:30 pm

Sas Eurobonus - 200%. A roundtrip would get you almost to gold.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
No thanks... angled seat, dry airline for that many hours?

Singapore has one for $1590...

And from Jakarta for even less... $1469
Attached Images   
z4017 likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 10:39 am

Why do people call these "angled" seats? I've flown MS 777 and the seats were flat, as far as I could tell. The usual open cabin style J, not private for sure. But what is this "angle"?

That said - this is not the best deal (half of this price or this much for an r/t - would be)
Old Apr 22, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by tr3k
Why do people call these "angled" seats? I've flown MS 777 and the seats were flat, as far as I could tell. The usual open cabin style J, not private for sure. But what is this "angle"?

That said - this is not the best deal (half of this price or this much for an r/t - would be)
Actually they are not fully flat seats... the 787 does have fully-flat. The others are almost fully-flat.

The A333 from BKK to CAI is ancient... and gets horrible reviews...

But that, together with the dry flight for that long... no way.

Last edited by bostontraveler; Apr 22, 2022 at 11:07 am
Old Apr 22, 2022, 7:21 pm

MS A330 is, indeed, pretty bad. Took it once BOM-CAI - not fun. (It was also the aircraft that had an engine disintegrate in flight once )
rt23456p likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tr3k

The seat cushions form a flat surface, but that flat service is not flat relationship wise to floor. Instead seats are at a 160-170° angle.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
The seat cushions form a flat surface, but that flat service is not flat relationship wise to floor. Instead seats are at a 160-170° angle.
Curious. I probably did not notice though because I normally angle the seat about 10-15° upwards to sleep. Fully flat surfaces make me feel "upside down".

Well, Thailand no longer requires COVID testing, so this may be more useful.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 10:58 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
A not so friendly reminder that Egyptair has a poor safety record, and above all a policy of complete denial of truth when an accident occurs.

The corriere della serra just published an investigation in the paris-cairo crash from a few years ago which is pretty damning

It also never accepted the pilot suicide with the JFK-CAI 767 crash ages ago.

An airline that is not willing to learn and take ownership for their mistakes is one which will continue to have accidents, and that will fly without me.

/end of doom and gloom
rt23456p likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
A not so friendly reminder that Egyptair has a poor safety record, and above all a policy of complete denial of truth when an accident occurs.

The corriere della serra just published an investigation in the paris-cairo crash from a few years ago which is pretty damning

It also never accepted the pilot suicide with the JFK-CAI 767 crash ages ago.

An airline that is not willing to learn and take ownership for their mistakes is one which will continue to have accidents, and that will fly without me.

/end of doom and gloom
Same Egyptian government that covered up the murder of Giulio Regeni so Italy was keen on releasing that info... but I digress...
Old Apr 29, 2022, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
You put it more nicely. I myself was tempted to say that MS has a tendency to sell a bit too many de facto one way/single fare tickets, rather than actual roundtrips - be there a deal available or not.
rt23456p likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.