Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance: MIA-Italy-Brazil $1,300 in Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2022, 12:39 am
Original Poster

This is a combination of business (P) fares on Star Alliance airlines. A double open-jaw from MIA to FCO, and then from elsewhere in Italy to Brazil, is available for around $1,300. It seems to be bookable through OTAs as well as Lufthansa directly.

Example
MIA-FRA-FCO/ NAP-ZRH-GRU -- $1,299
MaxVO, Slunko, jfkeze and 8 others like this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 2:19 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Is fare comes and goes depending on how much LH is filling the planes. It is always a combination of East Coast-South Europe-South America (Brazil). I think last time the fare was via Spain. I would like the thread but I can't get the correct keywords to pull it up from last year.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 8:16 am

Does not need to be OJ in Europe: https://www.google.com/travel/flight...rciaFUR4KANEH6

If only there was a matching cheap deal from Brazil back to the US. (Can't route this back through US, unfortunately)
Flyinghobby likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 8:35 am

Wish it brings u back to USA
Old Apr 21, 2022, 9:13 am

Programs: Frontier 100k; AA ExPlat; LATAM Black; *A Gold ; SkyTeam Elite+
Got excited thinking it was a roundtrip. Been looking for flights to Brazil for a couple weeks. The only cheaper options are on Avianca/Copa which are basically premium economy
Old Apr 21, 2022, 11:42 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
This is an auto-dump fare. Only the NAP-GRU YQ calculates properly, the MIA-FCO YQ gets dumped.

The OP is ready for the big time in the trick-it thread!
Old Apr 21, 2022, 10:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Brazil USA 259 Euros. Not BIZ

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Apr 21, 2022 at 11:52 pm Reason: Fare gone
Old Apr 22, 2022, 12:31 am
Formerly doc4science

Programs: United Airlines Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Return does not need to be to Brazil. Most of SA seems to be pricing out to between $1,300 and $1,400. I'm not sure if that is helpful, but I think it could allow for a cheaper OW back to the US (and some routings route through MIA/USA...).

EX:

MIA-FCO 07/12 J LX
FCO-MIA 08/02 J LX
MIA-SCL 08/27 J LA
~$1,500

Last edited by Fly2Connect; Apr 22, 2022 at 12:47 am
Old Apr 22, 2022, 1:04 am

Works for a few hundred more to SCL, which also allows for some interesting routings back to the US.

For instance: MIA - ZRH - FCO on LX / MXP - ZRH - JFK [28h Layover] - SCL for $1592, similar dates. (You have to construct the search in ITA with ZRH-SCL as its own leg with a high minimum connection time.) This would allow you to ditch the last leg if you wanted to make this a cheap return (and weren't angling for all the miles), or you could use it to take a quick break in NYC on the way to Santiago.

Old Apr 22, 2022, 1:10 am
Formerly doc4science

Originally Posted by redct
Works for a few hundred more to SCL, which also allows for some interesting routings back to the US.

For instance: MIA - ZRH - FCO on LX / MXP - ZRH - JFK [28h Layover] - SCL for $1592, similar dates. (You have to construct the search in ITA with ZRH-SCL as its own leg with a high minimum connection time.) This would allow you to ditch the last leg if you wanted to make this a cheap return (and weren't angling for all the miles), or you could use it to take a quick break in NYC on the way to Santiago.

You don’t even need to have a connection in the US on the return. It prices identically even if the USA-SCL flight is weeks after the EU-USA leg. Simply construct a multi city search as noted in my above comment. Flying EU-NYC and MIA-SCL seems to be okay and flying to BOG and LIM also work. Could be a nice way to turn this into two trips.
redct, trooper and ElJudioErrante like this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by doc4science
You don’t even need to have a connection in the US on the return. It prices identically even if the USA-SCL flight is weeks after the EU-USA leg. Simply construct a multi city search as noted in my above comment. Flying EU-NYC and MIA-SCL seems to be okay and flying to BOG and LIM also work. Could be a nice way to turn this into two trips.
Yep, confirmed. I was having trouble getting it to price out in ITA for some reason, but Google Flights works fine with this strategy.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 5:03 am

Programs: DL-Gold, UA-1K, EXEC-PLAT
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Brazil USA 259 Euros. Not BIZ

MCO/FLL/MIA great Fares
Old Apr 22, 2022, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, Starwood Gold, SQ PPS Solitaire
*deleted*

Last edited by bostan; Apr 22, 2022 at 7:30 am Reason: fixed issue
Old Apr 22, 2022, 10:55 am
Formerly doc4science

Originally Posted by redct
Yep, confirmed. I was having trouble getting it to price out in ITA for some reason, but Google Flights works fine with this strategy.
ITA is pricing it out fine for me
Old Apr 22, 2022, 11:19 am

It appears that pricing only work with departrues 04JUL or later

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.