Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

SQ: One Way - BKK- FRA J $894

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2022, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: EY Platinum, MH Gold

Seems wide open for the next few months

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...OYAQI&curr=USD
ItsWowStyle likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 2:24 am

Business lite, non-refundable.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 2:25 am

Can do stopover?
Old Feb 23, 2022, 10:51 am

Programs: Former UA1K transitioning to WFBF mentality
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Business lite, non-refundable.
Can upfare to what is advertised as refundable. There are also some good ex-India fares to USA. Anyone know if SQ refundable means refundable to credit card used to purchase, minus the cancellation fee - or refunded in SQ credits?
Old Feb 23, 2022, 2:32 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by tboons
Can do stopover?
It was published in Loyaltylobby first but OP "forgot" to write H/T Loyaltylobby, so he is not able to reply but you will find the rules from there. Stopovers not permitted.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Originally Posted by marks88
Can upfare to what is advertised as refundable. There are also some good ex-India fares to USA. Anyone know if SQ refundable means refundable to credit card used to purchase, minus the cancellation fee - or refunded in SQ credits?
Refundable to credit card.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
A great fare, but I note it is BKK-SIN-FRA with a 14h25m overnight layover in SIN.
JohnSydney2000 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 7:26 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
A great fare, but I note it is BKK-SIN-FRA with a 14h25m overnight layover in SIN.
Here is a 50 minute connection
Deckter likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 8:50 pm

A 14-hour layover at Changi is a vacation within a vacation! So much to do, you'll be amazed. And it's a quick train ride into the city, so you can even do some sightseeing.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 10:46 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by SanDiegoTrvllr
A 14-hour layover at Changi is a vacation within a vacation! So much to do, you'll be amazed. And it's a quick train ride into the city, so you can even do some sightseeing.
well, you could if you were allowed into the city - I think still have to have supervised self test and isolate until clear - can't just take any transport either
"Travellers must only take private transportation, taxi or private hire car from the airport to the declared place of accommodation or Quick Test Centre (QTC) or Combined Test Centre (CTC) (appointment required) and self-isolate until a negative Covid-19 ART test result is conveyed. Travellers must not take public transport (e.g. Bus or MRT)."
Well, unless it's changed again.
Deckter likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 4:49 am

VTL available from many countries now. No quarantine, just self-isolation until test results, usually within hours. The world's opening up, my friend!
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...travel-lanes/#
Old Feb 25, 2022, 12:06 pm

VTL available from many countries now. No quarantine, just self-isolation until test results, usually within hours. The world's opening up, my friend!
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...travel-lanes/#
Yes, but if you are required to not take public transport and self isolate until you get the results - then your plan of a little intra flight excursion won't work. I could only find this on the link you gave which does seem to support that the public transport, etc is not in effect since you could do a 10 hour excursion into the city and be gone before you need to take a test in the first 24 hours - so confusing.
"2. Travellers are to take an supervised self-administered ART taken at any test centre located across Singapore within 24 hours of arrival. A testing notice with a weblink to book tests will be issued to travellers upon their entry into Singapore."
Old Feb 25, 2022, 3:58 pm

Spend time in the airport itself, enjoy the beautiful gardens, excellent dining venues, the Aerotel pool and facilities for a nap, etc. During that time, if your results come in head downtown by train. Your concerns may be moot sooner rather than later. Singapore has adopted a "Live with the virus" strategy, so look forward to normalcy!
estnet likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 4:08 pm

Spend time in the airport itself, enjoy the beautiful gardens, excellent dining venues, the Aerotel pool and facilities for a nap, etc. During that time, if your results come in head downtown by train. Your concerns may be moot sooner rather than later. Singapore has adopted a "Live with the virus" strategy, so look forward to normalcy!
Not relevant to me but thought someone less experienced might have thought your suggestion was easily doable! SIN is a great ap and now that they have stopped the transit "jail" areas back to be able to experiencing things that no one expects in an ap (butterfly garden, luxurious free movie theater, food galore, etc)
Covid (besides all the horrible aspects) has really made travel a not for the faint hearted or even experienced traveler without LOTS of research, and as soon as you think you've got it - they change the rules
Old Feb 25, 2022, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO

Expand the list of flights on google. There are multiple layover durations for the same price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.