Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: UA : ORD - CPT $1,748 RT Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: UA : ORD - CPT $1,748 RT Business

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2022, 6:30 pm

Dates were the most important for me, but I was able to find ORD CPT Nov 23 - Dec 3. I Didn’t want to visit during the rainy season / winter.

anyways, the itinerary was a bit funky. It ticket under United’s stock 016.

ORD EWR CPT … but ORD EWR was booked full fare Econ (B fare)

on the return, I got

CPT JNB EWR ORS … but CPT JNB is a BA flight number (?)

How does that work? I had no clue UA and BA partnered together.

I wanted a stopover in JNB, but the fare rules wouldn’t allow it.

since BA and UA aren’t partners, could I simply dump the BA segment from CPT to JNB? Or is it likely it’ll cancel the rest of the ticket?
Old Feb 15, 2022, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by Nikongirl
Not really - COVID interrupted this route in 2020.
I was responding to someone's comment re service commencing 5 June 2022. But thanks for pointing that out: I had no idea that the pandemic affected international long-haul service...
Old Feb 15, 2022, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by SanDiegoTrvllr
I was responding to someone's comment re service commencing 5 June 2022. But thanks for pointing that out: I had no idea that the pandemic affected international long-haul service...

David
Old Feb 15, 2022, 8:31 pm

Sarcasm.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 10:33 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oneworld pleb, Accors Hotel Gold
Originally Posted by fuyao
Which is perfect for EU261 600€ compensation + free food + free accommodation for a day.
do you have a link somewhere to explain how EU261 works?
Old Feb 15, 2022, 10:39 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oneworld pleb, Accors Hotel Gold
Originally Posted by fuyao
Which is perfect for EU261 600€ compensation + free food + free accommodation for a day.
do you have a link somewhere to explain how EU261 works?
Old Feb 15, 2022, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by SanDiegoTrvllr
Sarcasm.

David
Old Feb 16, 2022, 8:38 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by coltonatx
Dates were the most important for me, but I was able to find ORD CPT Nov 23 - Dec 3. I Didn’t want to visit during the rainy season / winter.

on the return, I got

since BA and UA aren’t partners, could I simply dump the BA segment from CPT to JNB? Or is it likely it’ll cancel the rest of the ticket?
Never skip a segment unless it's the last one. In this case the BA flight is on Comair a kinda franchise in South Africa, should be on a 737...
Old Feb 16, 2022, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nk15
Thanks. I am still ambivalent about keeping this even if it tickets (the fare went up immediately after I booked it, so it is a toss up if it tickets). Does anyone know if UA will give flight credit on a nonrefundable fare with partners, if I decide to cancel later, like months later?
I believe so, yes they will give FFC, assuming it is a UA 016 ticket. The FFC would need to be used within two years of the ticketed date. (Or maybe it's back to one year? Not certain.) Check this thread for lots of discussion: Understanding/Using UA Electronic Travel Certificate(ETC) & Future Flight Credit(FFC)

Originally Posted by coltonatx

on the return, I got

I think I've read of some people skipping middle segments on non-*A partners, particularly CX segments with the old US-China OJ fare, and the ticket being left intact. However, I would be very nervous doing so; best advice is not to, as said above.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
wow wish I would have jumped on this, seems prices have gone up about $700 CAD... ahh well

hope some of you got in on this seems like a great fare
Old Feb 16, 2022, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
What dates are people seeing this start be available? Even plugging in double connection DCA/EWR i can't seem to find.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Kmxu
EWR-CPT already operates.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 6:58 pm

EWR-CPT nonstop on UA has been operating since Dec 2019, including presently. A couple of days ago it was available in late March at the $1700 fare, but is now around $2000 and available in May on.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Still lots of availability in Jul / Aug / Sep, use matrix to find your dates.
Antarius likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 9:20 pm

Something funky is happening. I booked this on Sunday for an April 1 to May 8 RT from ORD-CDG-ZRH-CPT then CPT-JNB-FRA-ORD. ORD-CDG is UAL metal. CDG-ZRH is Swiss. ZRH-CPT is Edelweiss. Return is all Lufthansa. Now the funky part. Last night I went into Google flights and inputted the exact same dates and origin/destination and that routing was nowhere to be found...even though I found the booking on Sunday via...you guessed it, Google flights. Today, I went into Lufthansa's site and selected my seats on their 747-800s from CPT thru to ORD and also selected my seat on Edelweiss from ZRH to CPT. I just went into my United account and my Lufthansa account and the Edelweiss and Lufthansa legs have all literally disappeared from both sites. Gone. I've got nothing from UAL or Lufthansa in terms of email comms. The segments literally vanished and my UAL account is showing ORD-CDG and the CPT-JNB but nothing else. All other segments have literally disappeared.

Perplexed in Atlanta.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.