Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

*A J LAX-ATH ~$2200 (~4321 PQP) through’22

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2022, 5:10 am
Original Poster

https://www.google.com/travel/flights/s/F3fx

Saw dates through the rest of the year, including summer. ~4300 UA/PQP if flown on AC (014)

cesco.g likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 9:13 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Looks like DL/AF/KL are matching. $5585 MQDs and 22,258 MQMs on AF through CDG.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 12:25 pm

Are Americans allowed to transit through Canada in both directions?
Old Jan 29, 2022, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by VFR
Looks like DL/AF/KL are matching. $5585 MQDs and 22,258 MQMs on AF through CDG.
Can you share some dates? Skyteam fare around this price that I found are all through FCO with ITA. Rather not touch this airline at all.
sapman986 likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Yes, but can not leave the airport/transit area & no overnight connections (except YYZ, allowed to spend the night in the terminal in transit to INTL destinations)
Old Jan 29, 2022, 1:50 pm

Same price SEA/LAX-CDG/AMS
combinations of AY/BA/TN
Old Jan 29, 2022, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by random.parts
Yes, but can not leave the airport/transit area & no overnight connections (except YYZ, allowed to spend the night in the terminal in transit to INTL destinations)
Thank you. I assume we can use any of the airport lounges while in transit at YYZ, is that right?
Old Jan 29, 2022, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Thank you. I assume we can use any of the airport lounges while in transit at YYZ, is that right?
As long as you have proof of double vaccination, you won't have problems in Canada. If you're not vaxxed, you can reasonably expect that you will not be able to access some establishments.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 2:13 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
Can you share some dates? Skyteam fare around this price that I found are all through FCO with ITA. Rather not touch this airline at all.
It's dependent on finding Z fare availability, which may not be available on the non-stops. I had a lot of luck once I put AF,KL+ into the routing codes in ITA Matrix. It looks like the fare basis is ZN5X76D1.

AndyKehn likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by RCyyz
As long as you have proof of double vaccination, you won't have problems in Canada. If you're not vaxxed, you can reasonably expect that you will not be able to access some establishments.
Does Canada accept the white vaccine card from the US and/or the QR code from California? I would think (and hope) so.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 6:35 pm

Programs: AC50K, *A Gold, Marriott Titanium (LGE), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RCyyz
You must be fully vaccinated to depart from a Canadian airport - AC will take your vaxx proof at LAX - irrespective of destination

Does Canada accept the white vaccine card from the US and/or the QR code from California? I would think (and hope) so.
Yes, you upload that to AC's online check in or show in-person. Note that if you want to actually enter Canada, you must have an approved negative (or positive test 10 days to 180 days) from an approved test - LAMP, PCR, NAAT. Antigen is not accepted
Old Jan 29, 2022, 8:59 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
And passenger must be fully vaccinated.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
No thanks on transiting Canada, but I'm seeing some nice connections on UA & Aegean.

Update: Surprised to find this also available in the summer though much more limited inventory.
LoungeLizardHugo and SFO777 like this.

Last edited by Boraxo; Jan 29, 2022 at 11:30 pm
Old Jan 30, 2022, 12:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
While Canada's rules do not require a PCR test for transiting passengers, just keep in mind that Air Canada (and United depending on your routing) have many misinformed or just clueless agents who make up their own rules and may insist on a test before allowing you to board your flight. This can also be an issue ex-ATH on the way back. You'll want to print out the relevant documents from the Canada government website, and be prepared to get to the airport early, or leave lots of transit time and if you run into this problem, be prepared to escalate and potentially argue with the agents.
SFO777 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 2:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
As of now, folks who have been in the US for the past 14 days can enter Canada quarantine-free on the outbound (i.e., coming from the US), so an overnight connection at an airport hotel or in town would be feasible. On the return (coming from Greece), should you choose to enter Canada, you would be subject to random testing and possible quarantine while waiting for the test result.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.