Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

SQ: CDG - MEL Bus Ret £1900

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2022, 2:32 am
Original Poster

Obviously not in the realms of the sort of prices from Qatar (ex Scandi cities) or Air China (ex Germany) sub £1500 a few years back, but highly competitive given the current climate. Dates plentiful in April and May. Haven't looked beyond that.

Need to play around with dates in order to find the flights with shorter layovers but they are there.

Ticket I booked was in SQ Class D.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 2:54 am

Is MEL (or even Oz generally) open to visitors?
Old Jan 27, 2022, 2:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, Marriott Ambassador
Nice find! I found availability until year end for those worried about when the borders will open. €2100 with some OTAs.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 2:57 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by superboi
No. Australian citizens, permanent residents and some long-term visa holders only. Vaccination required + negative test before the flight(s).
superboi likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 3:25 am
Original Poster

Quite true... I suppose my original post was for persons like myself that meet the current requirements and have been unable to get to Aust for non leisure purposes for quite some time. Fair point to specify. Obviously the headline price falls away if anyone thinks of making a speculative booking for tourism, as getting whatever flexibility in the ticket for cancellations and rebooking will inevitably raise the price
Old Jan 27, 2022, 5:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by supine
No. Australian citizens, permanent residents and some long-term visa holders only. Vaccination required + negative test before the flight(s).
plus elite(ish) sportsmen and B list celebrities
Rim1, Catweazle, seanp7 and 7 others like this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 2:22 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by superboi
Originally Posted by supine
superboi Don't buy this fare unless you are 100% sure that the restriction of entry into MEL are lifted or don't apply to you. Just check what they did to Novak
superboi likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 5:16 pm

Programs: Avios, BA Gold
I notice that the fare allows for two stopovers in each direction in zone 3 but I don’t understand how that works as trying to book a flight stopping anywhere besides Singapore adds €1000+ to the ticket price. Am I missing something?
Old Feb 2, 2022, 5:48 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by Ricky Lewis
I notice that the fare allows for two stopovers in each direction in zone 3 but I don’t understand how that works as trying to book a flight stopping anywhere besides Singapore adds €1000+ to the ticket price. Am I missing something?
first of all you need to take into account the allowed routings - and although the fare theoretically allows that number of stopovers the routing table reduces the number significantly.

Here are the allowed routings with no option for other stopovers in Asia than in SIN.1. PAR-SN-BRU-SQ-SIN-SQ/MI-MEL
2. PAR-EW/AF/4U-DUS-SQ-SIN-SQ/MI-MEL
3. PAR-SQ/LH-MUC/FRA-SQ-SIN-SQ/MI-MEL
4. PAR-SQ-SIN-SQ/MI-MEL
5. PAR-SQ/LX-ZRH-SQ-SIN-SQ/MI-MEL
Old Feb 2, 2022, 4:46 pm

Programs: Avios, BA Gold
Thanks! I hadn’t seen the routings that makes sense!
Old Feb 2, 2022, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
deleted
Old Feb 7, 2022, 4:51 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

BBC News
Covid: Australia to reopen borders to international travel
Australia has announced the reopening of its borders to vaccinated tourists and other visa holders for the first time in almost two years.
"If you're double vaccinated, we look forward to welcoming you back," Prime Minister Scott Morrison said.
The reopening, on 21 February, will be welcome news for many sectors including international education.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 5:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, Marriott Ambassador
I jumped on this for October as soon as I saw the news this morning
Old Feb 7, 2022, 6:01 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Do we believe they mean it this time?
Old Feb 7, 2022, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Eastern side I’d say yes good chance….

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.