Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OW: SOF-LAX business J

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2020, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by drvannostren
I should've specified, looking at Feb, can't find any Star.
What is the pricing level you are looking for? At €1300 still widely open all Feb 2021 as per the fare rules outlined earlier (PXNCZS5).

anyone managed to replicate prices using SU on a TATL portion?
Not allowed by the fare rules (ZS0VCMNB) - AF, KL or DL (theoretically, also VS, but I was only on one single occasion able to get a VS TATL sector, I guess no longer available).
Old Apr 26, 2020, 9:20 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by MichaelA380
Not allowed by the fare rules (ZS0VCMNB) - AF, KL or DL (theoretically, also VS, but I was only on one single occasion able to get a VS TATL sector, I guess no longer available).
Also known as the skyteam JV. Most likely would have had AZ as well if they hadn't redone the JV without them.
Thx for all the information.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 6:11 pm

So PAR (and other French cities) have joined the fray. Only *A so far.

Fares from a little over €1230 to most US / Canada destinations. I think the highlight is to HNL about €1400.

Example

This is the cheapest fare (I think) at this point in time from a Western EU city to North America by the ‘major’ carriers.

All these fares in this thread I think are available till 30 April 20. Although one suspects they will be more coming.
Deckter and Flyingfares like this.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
for those UA MP flyers I would book this today or tomorrow to ensure some good PQP earnings, the changes for tickets booked after April 29th make this PQP run not so worth it anymore...
Old Apr 28, 2020, 3:29 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
If there is anyone interested in UA to USA for CDG pm me
Old Apr 28, 2020, 4:26 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
What is the pricing level you are looking for? At €1300 still widely open all Feb 2021 as per the fare rules outlined earlier (PXNCZS5).
Specifically I'm looking on ITA at SOF-YVR Feb 13 (+-1) return Feb 24 (+-1). I get skyteam at like 1300Eur, Oneworld at 2,000ish and Star at 2100-2200Eur.

Fair enough, I always lose my mind a bit when reading those when I see them posted. FWIW, I did get a VS sector when I was searching, it was a DL codeshare LHR-SEA, but operated on a 789 and based on the reviews and pictures, I wasn't too impressed by their J class. I was trying to force it through LAX to go a350 but for some reason I couldn't get anything to route LHR-LAX-SEA-YVR even though connections were there to be made.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 6:04 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Morning Dr. If you are able to leave Feb 11th instead of Valentines day, you will see the 1300 level on all alliances.

Safe Travels

CC
Old Apr 28, 2020, 8:12 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
Morning Dr. If you are able to leave Feb 11th instead of Valentines day, you will see the 1300 level on all alliances.

Safe Travels

CC
Thanks, I'll take a look, probably doesn't work, but I'll root around and see what's there.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 11:01 am

Specifically I'm looking on ITA at SOF-YVR Feb 13 (+-1) return Feb 24 (+-1)
You can refer to the fare rules, first two sections, General notes and Day / Time restrictions - these will explain the price levels you get for these dates. Beware also Sales restrictions.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 11:40 am

Programs: M&M
Anyone booked SOF-HNL with a longer (2-3 days) layover in SFO?

I only get 24h+ stops, both in MUC/FRA and SFO. Any idea on how to look in Matrix for 48h+ stop only in SFO?

Thanks
Old Apr 28, 2020, 1:27 pm

@chmielko, under the rules of the fare this is not allowed
chmielko likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 1:38 pm

Found a nice routing to HNL, through LHR and DFW both ways, BA club suites to/from LHR, then AA 787 lie flat to/from HNL...Putting CC info in, then OneWorld pulled the fair....
Old Apr 28, 2020, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Anyone who was thinking about this for UA Mileage Plus 1K (or any level for that matter), the party is over. They're doing their best to force people to fly on UA now and pay full price to earn any Premier level. It's really such an arbitrary number, 1500... almost seems like they decided it based on this particular fare, since in normal times a business class ticket is in the neighborhood of $4-5k.

Last edited by dvs7310; Apr 28, 2020 at 8:08 pm
Old Apr 28, 2020, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by dvs7310
Anyone who was thinking about this for UA Mileage Plus 1K (or any level for that matter), the party is over. They're doing their best to force people to fly on UA now and pay full price to earn any Premier level. It's really such an arbitrary number, 1500... almost seems like they decided it based on this particular fare, since in normal times a business class ticket is in the neighborhood of $4-5k.
UA did not decide to change their rules based on one fare from Bulgaria and Finland to the US.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by dvs7310

Not the case at all.

First some people might be buying via UA anyway. For others there are only a few routes on this fare that will hit the maximum per segment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.