Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AC/UA : YEG - EZE CA$2,194 RT Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2021, 8:00 pm
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

- should earn around 20k on Air Canada
- GF Link

“The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.”

Source : Mighty Travels Premium - Detailed information - AC/UA - Edmonton - Buenos Aires - $1,702 - Business Class
Maple Red likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 5:42 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Also works from YVR for the same price and all legs are in J :

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...IARAAGAA&hl=en

And YOW/YUL for about $100 CAD more and YYZ for $300 CAD more :

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...CAEQABgA&hl=en

Polaris lounge in IAH would be included here also.

CC
MightyTravels likes this.

Last edited by Captain Canuck; Dec 19, 2021 at 5:55 am Reason: more options
Old Dec 19, 2021, 5:43 pm

Programs: TK E+
Also works for destination SCL(Chile), and $100 cheaper.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 5:55 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Were it not for covid uncertainties, I'd book this in a heartbeat.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 6:44 pm
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

Currently EZE is open with vaccination. I’d wager it stays that way until March/ April (their fall).
capedreamer, Brandinho1 and N1120A like this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 7:40 am

Programs: AP AS BA
Originally Posted by z4017
Also works for destination SCL(Chile), and $100 cheaper.
I think SCL is on a 767 wheras EZE is on a 77L. Not sure if either is Polaris though.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 11:51 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fbrdky
I think SCL is on a 767 wheras EZE is on a 77L. Not sure if either is Polaris though.
These fares have been around for several months, when I last checked the 767 to SCL was Polaris per UA website.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 5:16 pm

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by fbrdky
I already booked YVR-SCL for next October (with just one stop, luckily). It's Polaris.

Last edited by z4017; Dec 21, 2021 at 5:32 pm
Old Dec 23, 2021, 3:10 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by MightyTravels
Currently EZE is open with vaccination. I’d wager it stays that way until March/ April (their fall).
Being based in EZE some tips... The City of Buenos Aires Health minister claims "we are in the 3rd wave", cases are going up dramatically but more community transmission (Delta) than foreign strains of the virus.

Christmas and New Years is gonna be a mess here, 60,000+ attendant concerts are back (Soda Stereo was a few blocks from my flat) and while face masks are required to enter a supermarket, all restaurants are 100% occupancy with no real controls.

The Province of Buenos Aires (which most tourists only see when they land in EZE) instituted a sanitary pass for indoor activities (not sure if it would apply in EZE). No info on a launch date for Capital Federal.

Usual warnings NEVER EVER EVER use a foreign issued credit card or debit card since you will lose 50% due to the blue rate vs. official rate. You can send funds to yourself via Western Union (but many branches have issue handing out 30,000 ARS or 150 USD) ArgenPer , which works with Azimo usually has 100,000 ARS available at any time, but lower rate. If not Arbolitos or Street exchange always existed but petty crime rates are as bad as always...
Old Dec 24, 2021, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by jfkeze
Being based in EZE some tips...
Usual warnings NEVER EVER EVER use a foreign issued credit card or debit card since you will lose 50% due to the blue rate vs. official rate. You can send funds to yourself via Western Union (but many branches have issue handing out 30,000 ARS or 150 USD) ArgenPer , which works with Azimo usually has 100,000 ARS available at any time, but lower rate. If not Arbolitos or Street exchange always existed but petty crime rates are as bad as always...
Thanks jfkeze,

This is very useful information. I'm interested in eventually visiting Buenos Aires and have wondered about the optimal method for payments and currency conversion. Slightly tangential to the thread, what is the best source for up to date information on the best USD to ARS conversion method and the corresponding rates available?
Old Jan 25, 2022, 6:45 pm

Programs: AC50K, *A Gold, Marriott Titanium (LGE), Hilton Diamond
Can anyone comment on the UA cancellation in this instance? Seeing so much conflicting information.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 5:24 am

Programs: QF, LM
Originally Posted by MightyTravels

- should earn around 20k on Air Canada
- GF Link

“The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.”

Source : Mighty Travels Premium - Detailed information - AC/UA - Edmonton - Buenos Aires - $1,702 - Business Class
Just a humble request, could you post the actual airports rather then the airport codes in the titles? Would make it much easiar and obviate the need for me to search the airport codes and thus know if this is of interest to me?
Old Jan 26, 2022, 5:20 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL DM 1MM, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by juddles
Just a humble request, could you post the actual airports rather then the airport codes in the titles? Would make it much easiar and obviate the need for me to search the airport codes and thus know if this is of interest to me?
Highly unlikely as this is standard shorthand for the travel world. Get busy and learn them!
Old Jan 27, 2022, 6:43 am

Programs: QF, LM
Originally Posted by bobblevins
Highly unlikely as this is standard shorthand for the travel world. Get busy and learn them!
Oh, I agree for most posts/fares. I know the main ones. But MightyTravels posts fares from a myriad of places. Some obscure. Simply posting the fare without making it clear from where, to where, the fare actually is seems just lazy. Makes me understand the post is a result of just a few seconds effort....
Old Jan 27, 2022, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by juddles
Oh, I agree for most posts/fares. I know the main ones. But MightyTravels posts fares from a myriad of places. Some obscure. Simply posting the fare without making it clear from where, to where, the fare actually is seems just lazy. Makes me understand the post is a result of just a few seconds effort....
Finding the fares in the first place is more than a few seconds' effort, I would think.

But with a few seconds' effort of your own, you may click on the post and see the airports listed clearly as Edmonton and Buenos Aires. And with a few more seconds' effort, you might even commit YEG = Edmonton and EZE = Buenos Aires to memory!

🤷‍♀️

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.