Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA/OW: SFO-MAD & ORD-VCE/NAP Business $1858

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2021, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium

Haven't seen this posted but seemed like good fares. I just booked SFO-LHR-MAD/MAD-DFW-SFO for $1,680 with AARP discount. Good availability in Jan/Feb

I also found similar flights for around $100 more from ORD to Venice, Naples, and some random places like Sevilla.

Example before AARP:

jfkeze and TEDisgone like this.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 8:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The lowest I'm seeing is $1858, with *A matching on limited dates. It's a good fare, variations have been around much of the year.

Just a reminder to put the fare in the thread title.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 10:42 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, ex-AA EXP, ex-UA 1K
Yeah, I've taken a slew of ex-SFO flights on BA or AA to Europe (also ex-LAX) in recent years. BA even had a r/t fare sale in F for SFO-LHR-ATH for a little over $3K next month: BA admittedly has a subpar F product, but I'm taking it both because I need the miles to hit AS MVP Gold 75K (and BA F has a 300% elite-miles bonus), plus my brother lives in the UK & we usually head there for the holidays regardless (2020 obviously excepted).

Fare sales in J from SFO/LAX/ORD to Europe are fairly common though (even now with the recent resurgence in international travel). Most common destination airports seem to be MAD, BCN, FCO, MXP & ATH (mostly on OW carriers), though two years ago I finagled a last-minute one-way ticket from LHR-LIS-ORD on TAP Air Portugal after missing my BA flight back to the US.

Edit: Just realized "ex-LAX" has another meaning! (but obviously I wasn't referring to the laxative)

Last edited by kirker; Nov 26, 2021 at 10:44 am Reason: Clarification
Old Nov 26, 2021, 11:47 am

AA to Europe (also ex-LAX)
Ex-lax indeed hahaha
Old Nov 26, 2021, 12:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by kirker
Fare sales in J from SFO/LAX/ORD to Europe are fairly common though (even now with the recent resurgence in international travel).
Pre-covid, any TATL from SFO under $3k was unusual (TAP excepted). The $1513 fare on *A earlier this year was exceptional, one of the best deals in at least five years.
TEDisgone and mildfrequence like this.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 4:02 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by britishcanuck
Haven't seen this posted but seemed like good fares. I just booked SFO-LHR-MAD/MAD-DFW-SFO for $1,680 with AARP discount. Good availability in Jan/Feb

I also found similar flights for around $100 more from ORD to Venice, Naples, and some random places like Sevilla.

Example before AARP:
It should be noted that these fares are ONLY available through February. The base jumps on 3/1.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 6:32 pm

I wasn't aware airlines gave discounts for being 55 or older.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 6:47 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by RRROOO
I wasn't aware airlines gave discounts for being 55 or older.
Well, senior fares used to be a thing just like discounts for children, but both a fairly rare now days. The AARP discount is a benefit for being a member and you don't have to be 55 to join.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 8:42 pm

Don’t forgot to stack with Chase discount for further discount
Old Nov 26, 2021, 9:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Brainless69
Don’t forgot to stack with Chase discount for further discount
But remember that only works when all of the flights are on BA metal.

If you're looking for another west coast city to start your journey, it looks like SEA has sort of joined the chat. With both AARP and Chase discounts I'm seeing many cities pricing under $1700, mid-summer to EOS to places like AMS, ZRH, OSL, and many others.
Kacee likes this.

Last edited by TEDisgone; Nov 26, 2021 at 9:12 pm
Old Nov 27, 2021, 8:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
These fares from the US to Italy have been on offer for at least couple of months and they apply to one-way trips as well. I bought a one-way on IB in J from ORD to FCO a month ago for about $980. If you book it on IB metal there's a 10%-off deal with the IB Chase card. It works in the same way as with the BA Chase offer with a code and a dedicated booking page on IB.com, and you don't even need to have an IB Chase card (I paid with my BA Chase card), although unlike the BA Chase deal the 10% is deducted from the base fare rather than from the base fare plus tax/fees, which in my case made up about 65% of the total fare. Still not bad.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 8:52 am

Gone?
Old Dec 2, 2021, 6:58 pm

For SFO-MAD, it was briefly gone, but it's back, and now into March and April as well!
Jetrigger likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead
For SFO-MAD, it was briefly gone, but it's back, and now into March and April as well!
Thanks for the heads up! Looks like SkyTeam has joined this time around
Old Dec 4, 2021, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Nothing past April?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.