Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

UA SFO-JFK lie flat $595 one way

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2021, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat

Just purchased SFO to JFK on UA non-stop on their lie flat for $595. Looks like most dates still available thru Sept 2022
zoegksf and Auto Enthusiast like this.

Last edited by AZjohns; Nov 16, 2021 at 6:30 am Reason: forgot price :)
Old Nov 16, 2021, 6:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Price?
Old Nov 16, 2021, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pochama
Price?
Forgot the golden rule that I should not post before finishing first cup of coffee.
I edited price $595 OW. I know these come and go but it's here this morning.
Hope other airlines join the fun
banshee10 and tstauck like this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 7:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I think that’s pretty standard pricing for this route?
nnn, RichardInSF, Absolute and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 7:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by coleslaw
I think that’s pretty standard pricing for this route?
Yes it is. The challenge is always finding the P space.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 10:39 am

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
It was as low as $449 o/w during the pandemic, but sadly those days are likely behind us.

$599 o/w was the lowest pre-pandemic pricing we'd see. $550 perhaps if we were lucky
Auto Enthusiast and aquanine like this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes it is. The challenge is always finding the P space.
Isn't that the lav?

David
Kacee, sonomawine, flyerCO and 7 others like this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
$599 o/w was the lowest pre-pandemic pricing we'd see. $550 perhaps if we were lucky
Pre-covid, I also remember seeing $550 at the low end, although that was typically limited to Saturday travel.

It was pretty rare to see sub-$600 on NYC-SFO on other days of the week that are available now.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 9:06 pm

JFK is losing the United UA Polaris J hard product https://onemileatatime.com/news/unit...s-jfk-flights/
Old Nov 16, 2021, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by christof
JFK is losing the United UA Polaris J hard product https://onemileatatime.com/news/unit...s-jfk-flights/
UA stopped flying 763s with Polaris seats to JFK over a month ago.

There's sporadic availability on the same fare SFO-EWR, where UA still does have aircraft with Polaris seats on the schedule.
kevino likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Definitely normal price, nothing special here.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cfischer
Definitely normal price, nothing special here.
You know, I have noticed lately there seems to be a few very snarky people here on FF who like to pound their chest and dismiss others trying to share a good deal for what they have been tracking recently.
As I posted, these fares come and go but, normal prices I have been tracking for lie flats have been >$1K OW. Sub $600 is a good deal to me the past 6 months.
If you do not agree that’s fine but stop the "nothing special here" dismissal. Most of us here try to be supportive for each other.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AZjohns
You know, I have noticed lately there seems to be a few very snarky people here on FF who like to pound their chest and dismiss others trying to share a good deal for what they have been tracking recently.
As I posted, these fares come and go but, normal prices I have been tracking for lie flats have been >$1K OW. Sub $600 is a good deal to me the past 6 months.
If you do not agree that’s fine but stop the "nothing special here" dismissal. Most of us here try to be supportive for each other.
Just because availability (fare class) hasn't been great doesn't mean a fare is great deal. This as noted is the normal lowest fare with normal limited availability.

Now doesn't it mean cant post about it? No. Person you quoted never said shouldn't be posted. Simply was providing factual information that this isnt in fact a great deal, it's the normal fare.

people come here expecting deals, not an everyday fare.

Lastly, a simple saying - look at one's self before casting a stone.
PanAmSam and nexusCFX like this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 10:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by AZjohns
No, they're trying to point out that this fare is not worthy of this forum, because (a) it's the normal P fare, nothing at all unusual, and (b) it's been posted many times before.

You will see fares in this range whenever UA releases P inventory on the premium t-cons and there's underlying K inventory available. It is the normal published fare. It's been in this same range ever since B6 blew up the market with its Mint pricing several years ago.
PanAmSam and nexusCFX like this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 10:53 am

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
Ironically, that same $599 Mint pricing is usually nowhere to be seen these days in my experience... only the 9-10 p.m. flights departing JFK and Boston is where I've seen it (and nothing eastbound)

There was one time they had $399 o/w to/from Boston (and United matched w/ their p/s service), hopefully we see something like that again soon!
seanp7 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.