Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

UA/CM : LAX/SFO - GEO $704 RT Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA/CM : LAX/SFO - GEO $704 RT Business

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2021, 6:46 pm
formerly Sleepy_Sentry

Originally Posted by MightyTravels
- Kayak link

- LAX/SFO to Panama is lie-flat these days

“The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.”

Mighty Travels Premium
A bit off topic, but is there a reason your website changes language automatically based on location? It’s always great to support multiple languages. However auto-translation creates a lot of accessibility issues, is inconvenient for users, and will soon become illegal in the EU. It’s also sub-optimal for SEO.

For example I am in Thailand and only see Thai when I browse even though my browser language is English. Think of how annoying this must be for your many visitors who travel. And what if I use a screen reader?

It’s always best to display a page in the default language (ie the language linked to) and unobtrusively ask users if they want to change (pop-unders or notification bars are great for this)

I’m otherwise very impressed with your flight deals and would love to get a premium membership.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 7:16 pm
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

Location or browser language is a long debate. We follow the approach Google takes which goes by IP (not Browser/OS) and then offers the option to change. But I hear ya - might be time to revisit this!

Obviously users can set up their own language before and after creating an account. Did you try?
Old Nov 14, 2021, 7:24 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
More mileage from YVR. YVR is historically a much more expensive market. I hear good things about the CM 737MX seat (catering, staff and lounge is a complete pass).

LAX is a great deal too IMHO.

I def will do one of these - never been to GEO.
I'd definitely have bought this if it was to Manaus, a short hop across the border.

Matthew of LALF did a review of CM 737 MAX recently, you decide. Dirty cabin, was it one off?
https://liveandletsfly.com/copa-airl...-class-review/

Ex YVR fares to Latin America and Asia have been almost always cheaper compare to ex SEA, though it used to be opposite a decade ago when CAD was at near par with USD.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 7:28 pm
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

Hehe I can clean my own seat. Just a few crumbs and stains won't interrupt my lie-flat sleep I def prefer dirty lie-flat to (somewhat cleaner) recliner but life has its challenges
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by lsquare
Does UA operate in any of the segments? It doesn't seem like it, and I don't think CM flights will count towards my lifetime mileage.
Does nobody know?
Old Nov 14, 2021, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by maverikbc
I'd definitely have bought this if it was to Manaus, a short hop across the border.

Matthew of LALF did a review of CM 737 MAX recently, you decide. Dirty cabin, was it one off?
https://liveandletsfly.com/copa-airl...-class-review/

Ex YVR fares to Latin America and Asia have been almost always cheaper compare to ex SEA, though it used to be opposite a decade ago when CAD was at near par with USD.
Just flew the CM lie flat 737 MAX from GRU-PTY today. It was the cleanest aircraft I've ever been on and everything worked!

Also seat had great padding/no metal bars could be felt.

Last edited by flyerCO; Nov 14, 2021 at 10:53 pm
Old Nov 14, 2021, 9:58 pm
formerly Sleepy_Sentry

Location or browser language is a long debate. We follow the approach Google takes which goes by IP (not Browser/OS) and then offers the option to change. But I hear ya - might be time to revisit this!

Obviously users can set up their own language before and after creating an account. Did you try?
Google takes this approach because you can still search in any language and everyone knows how to use it already. But even Google does not recommend this approach for webmasters:
https://developers.google.com/search...regional-sites

I'm viewing your site on mobile and didn't see the option to switch languages since it is buried at the bottom of the page. I now see "click change to English" and unfortunately it just reloads the page in Thai.

I've overseen multilingual implemention for large sites so maybe this is something I am a bit too passionate about. There was a debate about the best way to do it 3-5 years ago. It's been settled that automatic redirection / translation is universally bad, especially if you are auto-translating content and have no way to do quality control.

It's always great to have content in as many languages as possible. I think the way you have things set up now, though, you are doing more harm than good. Keep in mind most users will just stick around for 1-2 seconds if your site does not load properly (this includes loading in the wrong language).

Thanks for taking the time to listen.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 6:07 pm

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
I booked this and had a missed call today out of Panama.
No mail and booking looks good still online.

Anyone else had this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.