Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

MH : DEL - MEL $1743 RT Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2021, 10:28 am
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

Google flights link

“The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.”

Mighty Travels Premium
Old Nov 12, 2021, 3:44 am

Programs: BAEC, M&M, VA Flying Club
Originally Posted by MightyTravels
Google flights link

“The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.”

Mighty Travels Premium
That Google Flights link takes me to a $1,400 economy flight that takes 51 hours and 5 minutes to get to Melbourne

I like the MH KUL - PER fare with stopovers in KUL, SYD, MEL and Qantas lie flat across Australia which was about US $1,700 last time I looked
Old Nov 12, 2021, 8:44 am
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

Ahem - did you change to Business Class and change the calendar a bit?
Old Nov 14, 2021, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by MightyTravels
Ahem - did you change to Business Class and change the calendar a bit?
Changed to busines...played around with dates but nothing less than $3500
Old Nov 15, 2021, 2:21 am

This fare has been around forever. And is one i've used often due to the easy accumulation of BA tier points. For maximum benefit it is easy to book DEL or BOM to PER via SYD or MEL using QF on the domestic sectors. Six sectors, 140 tier points per sector. Almost as good as the old Europe - HNL runs via JFK/LAX
Old Nov 15, 2021, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by 108912
This fare has been around forever. And is one i've used often due to the easy accumulation of BA tier points. For maximum benefit it is easy to book DEL or BOM to PER via SYD or MEL using QF on the domestic sectors. Six sectors, 140 tier points per sector. Almost as good as the old Europe - HNL runs via JFK/LAX
For all sectors to get you 140 TP, I think you'll need to make sure you travel through Sydney. MEL PER earns only 40; the same as MAN LHR
Old Nov 15, 2021, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
For all sectors to get you 140 TP, I think you'll need to make sure you travel through Sydney. MEL PER earns only 40; the same as MAN LHR
Of course, you are right!

An example of DEL - PER via KUL and SYD and same on return attached. JUL departure, £1302 return, 840 BA Tier Points.

Pre COVID you could get an A330 with lie flat on all sectors. I guess with the slowdown of travel due to COVID the 737's are becoming more widely used on the medium length sectors although you can play around to get the A330 on the QF domestic sectors.

MH usually operates 2 x daily DEL - KUL flights, one on 737, one on A330. However I guess due to a decline in demand they are only rostering the 737 currently.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 10:14 am

Programs: BAEC, M&M, VA Flying Club
Of course, you are right!

An example of DEL - PER via KUL and SYD and same on return attached. JUL departure, £1302 return, 840 BA Tier Points.

Pre COVID you could get an A330 with lie flat on all sectors. I guess with the slowdown of travel due to COVID the 737's are becoming more widely used on the medium length sectors although you can play around to get the A330 on the QF domestic sectors.

MH usually operates 2 x daily DEL - KUL flights, one on 737, one on A330. However I guess due to a decline in demand they are only rostering the 737 currently.

You can still definitely get A330's on every leg, certainly not as frequent though as you say.
ubiest, 108912 and Deckter like this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You might have to find another source for your tier points It's currently pricing with a £500+ premium - though let's see if it comes back. Like a boomerang.

Old Jan 14, 2022, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

sorry, pressed the button twice
Old Jan 15, 2022, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Is this route even allowed? My friends tickets were cancelled as its not a part of the "bubble" agreements. The govt seem to be cracking down on this recently.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Is this route even allowed? My friends tickets were cancelled as its not a part of the "bubble" agreements. The govt seem to be cracking down on this recently.
Not allowed atm (till end-Feb) but OP and others on this thread have been looking for dates in April and July. Bubbles will (hopefully) be history by then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.