Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AF/KL/DL/VS: MAD/HEL to US Biz - from $1100

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF/KL/DL/VS: MAD/HEL to US Biz - from $1100

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2021, 8:54 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by leroy11
It looks like these fares have been pulled I snoozed and losed. If anyone sees any cities available to the US and back to Europe available for mid September, I would love to know.
I am on the same boat. I need to do Frankfurt (or any not-too-distant city) to New York mid-December. I had spotted a good deal with UA out of CDG, but now gone for the dates I need (only avail some dates end of Sept).

Best I have seen otherwise is around EUR 2k with TP via LIS or similar.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 12:34 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by irishguy28
The "earlier departure to LAX" shouldn't really be an issue; you always have to clear customs and immigration upon arrival in the US, so it is always a fact that passengers frequently miss their onward connections; it's no biggie, and and you will always be put on the next available flight. For this reason alone, I wouldn't bother seeking a change. A 2 hour transfer should be doable, particularly as you're in business and will be among the first to get off the plane and into the immigration queue.

The earlier departure from LAX is more inconvenient indeed; no harm in ringing up and finding out what they can do for you.

As regards your apparent desire to be rebooked onto a new routing via AMS/CDG, I am not sure if you can demand that (without being subject to a re-price), but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Please report back with the outcome of your call to AFKL!!
Originally Posted by flyerCO
The change from 930 to 715 is over 2hrs, thus not only qualify for free change, also qualify for refund if want. Yes can demand new routing. Anything involving AF/KL/DL/VS flights are possible regardless of current cost will be even exchange. C
Cheers! I'll await the developments on the UK/EU to US front and probably call a bit later to see what the options are.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 11:08 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by irishguy28
The "earlier departure to LAX" shouldn't really be an issue; you always have to clear customs and immigration upon arrival in the US, so it is always a fact that passengers frequently miss their onward connections; it's no biggie, and and you will always be put on the next available flight. For this reason alone, I wouldn't bother seeking a change. A 2 hour transfer should be doable, particularly as you're in business and will be among the first to get off the plane and into the immigration queue.

The earlier departure from LAX is more inconvenient indeed; no harm in ringing up and finding out what they can do for you.

As regards your apparent desire to be rebooked onto a new routing via AMS/CDG, I am not sure if you can demand that (without being subject to a re-price), but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Please report back with the outcome of your call to AFKL!!
So, with the great news of the US reopening I had called AFKL to reroute me via AMS. No problems at all and no extra cost. New route involves 1 night in AMS on the outbound (which we wanted) and that was fine as well.
Really happy with this deal and route now! Time to start planning
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 11:36 pm

Need to change dates of the flight, fare reprice showing up as 130 euro. Not bad but waiting to see if any schedule changes occur so I can make changes for free. Anyone have luck changing dates (within a couple weeks) without incurring a fare difference?
Old Oct 6, 2021, 11:37 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
Has anyone rescheduled flights recently mid itinerary? I'm wondering how it works since they pulled the fare now, and if I change flights if I'll encounter a huge fare increase.

Anyone with experience on this?
Old Oct 7, 2021, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps
Has anyone rescheduled flights recently mid itinerary? I'm wondering how it works since they pulled the fare now, and if I change flights if I'll encounter a huge fare increase.

Anyone with experience on this?
i ended up biting the bullet and paying $130 to change dates, although I was finding certain dates where I could change the return portion of my flight without any fee increase (in fact some dates even showed that I would be offered a refund although I’m not sure if I would’ve actually been given a refund for a fare change that costs less than my original ticket). I flew one way already and had to voluntarily change dates — didn’t have much flexibility with my dates but if you do, you should be able to just check directly on the KLM website what the reprice will be based on your new dates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.