Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AM : LAX - MAD $1275 RT Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2021, 11:37 am
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

- Google flights link

- also works from other US AM destinations i.e. SFO, ORD, DFW, LAS, AUS, SAT etc.

“The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.”

Mighty Travels Premium

Last edited by MightyTravels; Jul 13, 2021 at 11:43 am
Old Jul 13, 2021, 12:30 pm

Programs: DL DM + Reserve, SPG + HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
It looks like a 7 day minimum stay is required. For shorter stays, the price goes up to $1524+.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 3:54 pm

Transiting through Mexico

Does anyone know if this triggers the quarantine requirement for the EU when transiting through Mexico (as opposed to originating in Mexico)? It seems as though US Citizens are exempt from the EU quarantine requirement if you are fully vaccinated, but travel from Mexico is not (or maybe I'm missing something...).
Old Jul 13, 2021, 4:00 pm

Programs: COdbaUA MM, AA EXP, AF S, Bonbon Gold, Hilton G, All G, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis Presidential
Originally Posted by SFOBayFlyer
Does anyone know if this triggers the quarantine requirement for the EU when transiting through Mexico (as opposed to originating in Mexico)? It seems as though US Citizens are exempt from the EU quarantine requirement if you are fully vaccinated, but travel from Mexico is not (or maybe I'm missing something...).
Much like last year, I believe the rules are connected to citizenship and/or residence and not country of transit.
MightyTravels and SFOBayFlyer like this.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Tempting but I’d sooner go through Canada than MEX. it’s covid central there plus wonder how much is open.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Just booked 2 trips AUS-MEX-AMS and back. Coming back is KLM AMS-MEX. Both trips start/return on a Tuesday or Wed. $1350RT each.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by N1120A
Much like last year, I believe the rules are connected to citizenship and/or residence and not country of transit.
It's a combo of citizenship and what country you've been in (over 12hrs) in last 14 days. The country part depends on which list the country falls into. Ie if you've been to South Africa (for more than 12 hrs) as it is a Red list country with a variant of concern, you cant enter NL (unless in transit to a country within Schengen that will) even as a vaccinated US citizen.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 8:32 am

Programs: Lots
Rapidly disappearing this morning as I was about to book. Wide availability about an hour ago and now just a handful of dates in Oct from either LAX or ORD. Thanks OP! Maybe it will come back.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 4:36 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Am- lax-mex-mad $1275 rt

I'm posting the link of the $1425 one was it is lie flat from LAX, short layover and my type of flight for the extra $150. Dates are Aug 22 to Sept 7. I'm new at this. In case the link does not work

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...en-US&curr=USD
MaxVO, sciflygrrl and CaboRado like this.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 10:02 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
This has been available for at least a couple of weeks now. I have been trying to piece together a premium option for a friend for a west coast flight to a handful of European gateways and AM through MEX (from both LAX and SFO) has been the consistent winner in the price department especially to MAD/BCN, though occasionally with pretty brutal MEX layovers. ITA with the maxconnect parameter yields some still enticing stuff, however.
Pocatello and tobikosan like this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mildfrequence
This has been available for at least a couple of weeks now. I have been trying to piece together a premium option for a friend for a west coast flight to a handful of European gateways and AM through MEX (from both LAX and SFO) has been the consistent winner in the price department especially to MAD/BCN, though occasionally with pretty brutal MEX layovers. ITA with the maxconnect parameter yields some still enticing stuff, however.
MEX has a Hilton in T1 (works great, especially if flying AF/KL codeshares) and T1/2 are connected by train.
CaboRado, sciflygrrl and tobikosan like this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 3:55 pm

Programs: JB Mosaic - DL Gold - Hyatt Explorist
Nabbed 2 as an MDQ run. Just can’t seem to change my SkyMiles number, but hopefully DL will credit it.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by tobikosan
I'm posting the link of the $1425 one was it is lie flat from LAX, short layover and my type of flight for the extra $150. Dates are Aug 22 to Sept 7. I'm new at this. In case the link does not work

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...en-US&curr=USD
Yep. Got a similar itinerary, too.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 6:02 pm

Programs: mvp75k, DL-0body
Originally Posted by CaboRado
Yep. Got a similar itinerary, too.
would this be a decent MR for 17k of MQM to DL ?
Old Jul 19, 2021, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by ccna101
would this be a decent MR for 17k of MQM to DL ?
I believe, so. Yes. In my case, it fits into my itinerary, and it's just the right push we need to tip into DL Plat. Also, 11hrs on a 787 for $1250 isn't all that bad from the US market side.
ccna101 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.