Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA : LCA - JFK $1692 RT Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2021, 2:25 pm
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

- Google flights link

“The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.”

Mighty Travels Premium

Last edited by Pat89339; Jun 29, 2021 at 3:10 pm Reason: TOS 7 AND 10
Old Jun 30, 2021, 2:45 am

Programs: BA GGL
It'd be a few hundred cheaper out of Amsterdam with no overnight stop in LHR.
Adding in LGA arrival for domestic final connection (also works for LCA for minimal increase).
Points ex-AMS remain equal to ex-LCA if you add in connections (and there are loads: AMS-PHL-DCA-LGA / AMS-LHR-ORD-LGA / many others).
Old Jun 30, 2021, 5:32 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Effectively similar fare to the ex-Spain fares, can be plated on AA/BA/IB/AY. These have been filed since Mar 1.

Key fare limitation: 180 day advanced purchase
Old Jul 1, 2021, 6:37 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
That's only a good fare if you absolutely must depart LCA.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by thebigben
That's only a good fare if you absolutely must depart LCA.
Actually, you are missing the point. LCA is a short cheap flight from several ME cities where originating is much more expensive. TLV is one example. CAI and AMM are others.
eneq and N1120A like this.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Also, the short-haul legs from LCA credit double the status Tier Points in the BA scheme compared to AMS or MAD etc, because of the extra distance, so may have additional value for some. But yeah, not an incredible fare.
N1120A likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by ajamieson
Also, the short-haul legs from LCA credit double the status Tier Points in the BA scheme compared to AMS or MAD etc, because of the extra distance, so may have additional value for some. But yeah, not an incredible fare.
Going for 80 TP to LHR, SOF also does the trick, but for $250 less than LCA in OP. The prices from LCA when searching today for travel Sept-April 2022, is , however, considerably higher than initially published.

Just as the MAD deal, and many other Ex-EU deals, there is a 180 day pre-purcase rule from SOF too
Old Jul 4, 2021, 1:34 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AS 100K
There's also decent IMO J fare ex-US: SFO - LCA $1,962 GF
And also the first class: SFO - LCA $3,009 GF

And some other European destinations from the West Coast searchable on google flights.
Happy 4th!
TEDisgone and nk15 like this.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by seryoga

And some other European destinations from the West Coast searchable on google flights.
Happy 4th!
All OW carriers so AA should be lower through AMeX and BA should be doable w AARP+Chase. Good fare for ex USA and only 60 day advanced purchase.
TEDisgone, nk15 and N1120A like this.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 5:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by seryoga

Happy 4th!
Originally Posted by stephem
All OW carriers so AA should be lower through AMeX and BA should be doable w AARP+Chase. Good fare for ex USA and only 60 day advanced purchase.
Hmm; this might be worthy of its own thread (is there one already?). With AARP I got it down to just under $2700 in F from PDX to ZRH for next Spring.
seryoga likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 8:40 am

The US to LCA fares (there are multiple cities) are probably worth a thread.

BTW, the identical fares are filed by Star Alliance in AA hubs (CLT, PHL, DFW, PHX, MIA) and by OW in UA hubs (SFO, IAH, DEN).
Old Jul 5, 2021, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
If you can straddle New Years and can get this on BA code you can get the AA status renewal requirement on the outbound and credit the return for 2022. But I don't know if you can get this on BA code for the holidays, it shows up as AA.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 6:21 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by nk15
If you can straddle New Years and can get this on BA code you can get the AA status renewal requirement on the outbound and credit the return for 2022. But I don't know if you can get this on BA code for the holidays, it shows up as AA.
I had no issues getting these ba plated using powertools

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.