Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA : MCI - FAI $585 RT First Class

AA : MCI - FAI $585 RT First Class

Old Jun 27, 2021, 3:37 pm
  #1  
Used to be highman123
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,541
AA : MCI - FAI $585 RT First Class



- works from many more airports from continental US (many smaller ones too)
- works to more place in Alaska, many dates
- I remember hearing about a lie-flat to ANC?

- Google flights link

“The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.”

Mighty Travels Premium
MaxVO likes this.
MightyTravels is offline  
Old Jun 27, 2021, 3:46 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 230
Mileage run! That’s a steal!
MightyTravels and tobikosan like this.
HiFlyerAS is offline  
Old Jun 27, 2021, 4:32 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,484
This practically begs to be maximized. Any creative route ideas?
MaxVO is offline  
Old Jun 27, 2021, 5:10 pm
  #4  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 100,451
IIRC DL is running some flat bed aircraft to ANC nonstop from ATL and/or JFK (not a D1 "service" route). There could be flatbed equipment on other major hub routes on a few dates, or you might be able to find a domestic FC widebody (with flatbeds and 100% direct aisle access in a 1-2-1 configuration) from a hub to SEA/MSP/DTW, connecting to ANC. Some variants of the DL757 have flatbeds too, in a slightly angled 2-2 configuration.
MightyTravels likes this.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Jun 27, 2021, 5:42 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 74
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IIRC DL is running some flat bed aircraft to ANC nonstop from ATL and/or JFK (not a D1 "service" route). There could be flatbed equipment on other major hub routes on a few dates, or you might be able to find a domestic FC widebody (with flatbeds and 100% direct aisle access in a 1-2-1 configuration) from a hub to SEA/MSP/DTW, connecting to ANC. Some variants of the DL757 have flatbeds too, in a slightly angled 2-2 configuration.
Isn't this deal for AA? I don't see DL routings anywhere close to $500.
Wheatbackpenny is offline  
Old Jun 27, 2021, 6:15 pm
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Posts: 11,770
Also available one-way for half price...
nk15 is offline  
Old Jun 27, 2021, 6:29 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Midwest USA
Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Posts: 1,971
DFW-FAI is on an Airbus 321. 7 hours, even in F, no thanks.
cmd320 likes this.
nachosdelux is offline  
Old Jun 27, 2021, 7:10 pm
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Posts: 11,770
Originally Posted by nachosdelux
DFW-FAI is on an Airbus 321. 7 hours, even in F, no thanks.
Same for ORD-FAI.
nk15 is offline  
Old Jun 27, 2021, 11:43 pm
  #9  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Posts: 14,186
Too bad that only routings through DFW & ORD are permitted and the FAI flights end on early-October.
I hope with the next schedule update, AA extends the seasonality of these flights so I could benefit from this deal.
ISTFlyer is offline  
Old Jun 28, 2021, 12:18 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: LAX/SFO
Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Posts: 1,263
Can price out fai-ord-dfw-gjt-dfw-fai for $550. Approximately 12k EQM / 22.5k RDM for 75k's crediting to AS. Or 400TPs to BAEC. Fly in either direction.
TalkingPoint is offline  
Old Jun 28, 2021, 9:30 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Dallas, TX
Programs: AAdvantage EP
Posts: 14
Originally Posted by MightyTravels


- works from many more airports from continental US (many smaller ones too)
- works to more place in Alaska, many dates
- I remember hearing about a lie-flat to ANC?

- Google flights link

“The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.”

Mighty Travels Premium
DFW to ANC on AA has the 787 on many dates through September.
MightyTravels likes this.
Doug DH is offline  
Old Jun 28, 2021, 9:31 am
  #12  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Posts: 14,186
Originally Posted by Doug DH
DFW to ANC on AA has the 787 on many dates through September.
However, you can't fly the DFW-ANC flight on the 787 when purchasing this fare.
MaxVO and Antarius like this.
ISTFlyer is offline  
Old Jun 28, 2021, 10:50 am
  #13  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Posts: 10,584
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
However, you can't fly the DFW-ANC flight on the 787 when purchasing this fare.
Yep. A lot people would be on board with this fare if ANC had been included. AA also flies its wide body from ORD to ANC.

Given how close-in you can get this fare (saw something next day even), I see this may be an attempt on AA part to put butts into seats to FAI.
Global321 likes this.
Repooc17 is offline  
Old Jun 28, 2021, 11:47 am
  #14  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MCO
Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Posts: 12,809
Originally Posted by nachosdelux
DFW-FAI is on an Airbus 321. 7 hours, even in F, no thanks.
I was about to post the same thing. Too bad it doesn't work to ANC with the 787. I'll take a hard pass on 7 hours of 321neo domestic F. Yuck.
MaxVO likes this.
cmd320 is offline  
Old Jun 28, 2021, 6:12 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 55
Bogota has widebody business fares under $1,000 from many airports via DFW or MIA. Not as good of a deal, but more comfortable.
innesst is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.