Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR Suites: JFK - JNB $2350

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Suites: JFK - JNB $2350

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2021, 10:39 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by ezak
Yes, when you buy a Classic fare, there won't be a seat assignment page before checkout. But once you've received the ticket confirmation, and assuming you put in your AS number correctly, you'll then be able to look up the reservation and select seats. It should not ask for payment.
I was able to select seats on an R fare before paying. Put in my AS 75k ffn and was able to select seats for all in my party.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 11:54 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
I was able to select seats on an R fare before paying. Put in my AS 75k ffn and was able to select seats for all in my party.
I just booked, but I wasn't able to select seats as an AS MVP75K...Trying to figure it out now. Have tried Twitter, and am now connected with customer service on the toll-free line.

Last edited by slocouple; Jun 24, 2021 at 1:37 pm
Old Jun 24, 2021, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA PPRO (OW Emerarld), BA Silver, DL PM
Originally Posted by slocouple
I just booked, but I wasn't able to select seats as an AS MVP75K...Trying to figure it out now. Have tried Twitter, and am now connected with customer service on the toll-free line.
Go to rj.com or malaysiaairways.com to manage the booking and there will be a seat selection icon toward the bottom. As long as you select the window seats it should stick. The center seats are tough to get ahead of time for parties less than 3...
Old Jun 29, 2021, 8:56 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by rollthere
Go to rj.com or malaysiaairways.com to manage the booking and there will be a seat selection icon toward the bottom. As long as you select the window seats it should stick. The center seats are tough to get ahead of time for parties less than 3...
Strangely, I couldn't retrieve it on either of these. I could see it on Qantas' site, but not change the seats.
I am happy with the row 7 double that we have on the outbound, as we will want to sleep. But on the return, I thought, since the great circle route goes right over the north pole, that maybe there would be something to see and we should look for window seats? Do you know?
Old Jun 29, 2021, 9:39 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by slocouple
Strangely, I couldn't retrieve it on either of these. I could see it on Qantas' site, but not change the seats.
I am happy with the row 7 double that we have on the outbound, as we will want to sleep. But on the return, I thought, since the great circle route goes right over the north pole, that maybe there would be something to see and we should look for window seats? Do you know?
Finnair.com? I've had good luck with that one, but it was on mixed carrier itineraries.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by HLCinCOU
I did ATH-DOH-SEA last week (purchased last time they had the MPMEMBERS fares, in February) and they gave me access to Al Mourjan on an R fare. I am OW Emerald (AA EXP) but my understanding from the QR newbie thread is that the status wasn't necessary for that access, they're just giving it "as a courtesy" since you can't enter Qatar right now. The lounge was really fantastic, but it's still a drag to be stuck there overnight. There are some "quiet rooms" that apparently have something like a real bed; they were full when I was there so I had a pod with a recliner good enough to sleep in, at least for me. My guess is if you book toward the end of the year or early next year they will likely have started allowing entry to Qatar, in which case the stopover is a feature not a bug. If not, then I think it's likely you'll still get Al Mourjan access. But that's really just a guess.

Don't forget these are fully refundable...go get you some.
Does this MPMEMBERS promo comes and goes throughout the year? I know one is running now till July 11 (??). Unfortunately not in a position to book until next month. Itin thinking about is US West Coast to Athens, in J.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 11:23 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by allset2travel
Does this MPMEMBERS promo comes and goes throughout the year? I know one is running now till July 11 (??). Unfortunately not in a position to book until next month. Itin thinking about is US West Coast to Athens, in J.
These were to commemorate AS joining Oneworld and probably shouldn’t be counted on in the future.

All Qatar fares are fully refundable at the moment so unless the constraint is based on schedule I’d book now
estnet and HLCinCOU like this.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 2:57 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
All Qatar fares are fully refundable at the moment so unless the constraint is based on schedule I’d book now
Thank you. Looks like I may have misread and thought they are docking a couple of hundred. Been hesitant about two other trips where I am finding excellent prices. This is very helpful to know.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 3:00 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

Originally Posted by planes&trains
Thank you. Looks like I may have misread and thought they are docking a couple of hundred. Been hesitant about two other trips where I am finding excellent prices. This is very helpful to know.
To clarify my comment, one of the trips I am looking at has inbound on 6/2/22. So I will pay a penalty on that one, correct?
Old Aug 5, 2021, 8:23 am

Has anyone flown this yet and credited to AS?

I am in ATH now, having flown SEA-DOH-ATH, and just wonder what people are seeing as the amount of time for it to credit to Alaska?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.