Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

UA: SAN/LAX to EZE from $1886 (Bus)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2021, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

While there have been a variety of sales lately from the US to South America, Argentina is usually excluded.
This is a decent fare with United from San Diego and Los Angeles to Buenos Aires via Houston.
Service to EZE is on a Boeing 777 with the reconfigured Polaris seats.
Argentina is still closed to foreigners / non-resident but one can hope things are different in late November.

SAN to EZE

LAX to EZE

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page. Source: My site PremiumCabin.Deals
Old Mar 8, 2021, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Wow that is tempting and well timed for late spring in Argentina. Unfortunately they are under strict lockdown so I would make sure you are okay with UA scrip in the event the border stays closed. The UA nonstops to/from Houston are nice for sleep. 2 years ago the cost was $8k RT for this flight.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 11:48 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K/MillionMiler; Delta Diamond; AA Plat; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Slightly higher pricing for SCL, either roundtrip or open jaw with EZE. Fantastic fare for Nov/Dec.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 11:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Things are open in BA at least. Clubs for instance aren’t open until sunrise but they are until 2-3am. Restaurants are open as normal as well. The only restrictions are for people trying to get in unless you can prove some ancestry
Old Mar 11, 2021, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Cthunder86
Things are open in BA at least. Clubs for instance aren’t open until sunrise but they are until 2-3am. Restaurants are open as normal as well. The only restrictions are for people trying to get in unless you can prove some ancestry
Things are supposed to open up tomorrow for most foreigners. But since it isn't yet tomorrow, and this is Argentina we're talking of, anything could occur.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Things are supposed to open up tomorrow for most foreigners. But since it isn't yet tomorrow, and this is Argentina we're talking of, anything could occur.
According to the US Embassy website and the IATA website, things aren't open for most foreigners, with no date posted anymore.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 1:43 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
According to the US Embassy website and the IATA website, things aren't open for most foreigners, with no date posted anymore.
And given that winter is coming and vaccinations are not quite as prolific as in the USA, I would not be very optimistic that things will be open by the late fall.

But it is a really really great price. I am sorely tempted to loan UA $3600 for 6 months
Old Mar 16, 2021, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Without going into P/R territory... the government seems to have spent 50% of its allocated vaccine budget on 15.5 mn doses, only 4 mn or so arrived (Russia and China shots) and has 1% of the population vaccinated. Two weeks ago was the last shipment of vaccines
There are rumors of border closing after 40+ teenagers came back from Mexico with Covid and fake PCR tests... Of course, the Conurbano (suburbs that make up the Gran Buenos Aires) is a mess but who knows...
Life in Buenos Aires (I'm talking Canitas near Palermo) is getting back to normal, almost 100% mask use. Restaurants are open and you can just walk up and get a lunch reservation at Don Julio...
Old Mar 17, 2021, 4:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA MM Lifetime Gold, BA Silver
Thank you for the update on Argentina, JFKEZE. I'm hoping to visit BA for the first time in January. Yup, I'm already looking at 2022 travel - hopefully in a post-Covid world.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 10:37 am
HAF

SFO-EZE-SFO currently runs for $2,110 for Feb 2022 - not bad - I had grabbed an award - but I am canceling and saving the miles for another opportunity and instead i will book this with money.... Good deal - assuming that Argentina will be back to normal (-ish) by then....

--HAF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.