Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AZ (Bus): MIA to CAI from $1660 and earn 5218 MQDs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2021, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

Nice sale with Alitalia between Miami and Cairo, Egypt. I've posted dates that work till Thanksgiving. Usual Covid warning apply and whether Alitalia will be Alitalia or new name.

MIA-CAI would earn 19569 MQMs 5218 MQDs 3.14 MQD Ratiowhile Delta Diamond members would obtain 57402 RDMs, Platinum 46966 RDMs, Gold 41747 RDMs, Silver 36529 RDMs, Base 26092 RDMs

Book Flights Here!
The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page. Source: My site PremiumCabin.Deals
135pilot likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 11:45 am

Nice find

Available throughout the schedule on various days of the week.

You can save another $150 using the Amex IAP. (~$1,500)
You can also book Air France for a few hundred dollars more. (~$1700)
jfkeze likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Global321
Nice find

Available throughout the schedule on various days of the week.

You can save another $150 using the Amex IAP. (~$1,500)
You can also book Air France for a few hundred dollars more. (~$1700)
Air France has the benefit of having a 777 with lieflat or recliners (depending on the day/month) so you have real business class the whole trip... $2067 on Google Flights
Old Feb 16, 2021, 3:16 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by jfkeze
Air France has the benefit of having a 777 with lieflat or recliners (depending on the day/month) so you have real business class the whole trip... $2067 on Google Flights
AlItalia is TRUE lay flat.

This is NOT the new 777's from AirFrance. Check out the configuration. It's that terrible old 2x3x2 biz class config on AF. And it's ANGLED on AF.

Much better going with AlItalia even though their service -- i've found -- is horrendous.

ATL
Old Feb 16, 2021, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
AZ had one of the first 1-2-1 lie flats on the 330 in the industry, I flew it many years ago a couple of times and have great memories of the food and service...
Old Feb 16, 2021, 8:33 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
The SkyTeam fares are all MPM, so book something other than the AF angle seat. Book any skyteam carrier within the fare routing rules, because you can! Just because GoogleFlights doesnt show it doesnt mean you cannot book it differently.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ATLConsultant
AlItalia is TRUE lay flat.

This is NOT the new 777's from AirFrance. Check out the configuration. It's that terrible old 2x3x2 biz class config on AF. And it's ANGLED on AF.

Much better going with AlItalia even though their service -- i've found -- is horrendous.

ATL
Apologies I wasn't clear... I was referring to the EU-CAI segment. CDG-CAI is operated by the ancient 2-3-2 AF 777 but I think that's an improvement over Euro-Business with AZ from FCO-CAI
FCO-CAI 1337 miles (a NYC-DFW flight)
CAI-CDG 1996 miles (PHL-PHX more or less)
Old Feb 17, 2021, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by nk15
AZ had one of the first 1-2-1 lie flats on the 330 in the industry, I flew it many years ago a couple of times and have great memories of the food and service...
We flew it last year to Rome for a holiday. Every biz class flight attendant looked at you like you just farted in their face. Not ONE smile the entire trip and each looked like they wanted to be ANY place but on that airplane -- even the purser. The food was uber-salty (especially the pasta) and overall wasn't close to the food you get on KLM or Delta. My mom said it was the worst biz class flight she'd ever had by a LONG shot. The seats, btw, were very very comfortable but if you don't get the matrimonial row, your feet spill out into the aisle. It's bothersome.

ATL
Old Feb 17, 2021, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by jfkeze
Apologies I wasn't clear... I was referring to the EU-CAI segment. CDG-CAI is operated by the ancient 2-3-2 AF 777 but I think that's an improvement over Euro-Business with AZ from FCO-CAI
FCO-CAI 1337 miles (a NYC-DFW flight)
CAI-CDG 1996 miles (PHL-PHX more or less)

i'm not trying to be argumentative but again you're wrong. The link you shared has the old 300ER on EVERY leg. I would MUCH rather do a full lay flat across the Atlantic so i can sleep and take a Euro Biz class 4 hours to Cairo (during the day), then two angled lay flats on that old 777-300ER. And the fact that it's $200+ cheaper seals the deal.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 11:40 am

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
Flew on an AZ A330 on FCO-ICN and must admit it was a pleasant flight. Crew was friendly, food was great, seats are comfortable. Also did Euro-Business to connect to that flight and it was quite good compared to others in Europe. I would prefer a recliner AF 777 than Euro-Business though.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

i'm not trying to be argumentative but again you're wrong. The link you shared has the old 300ER on EVERY leg. I would MUCH rather do a full lay flat across the Atlantic so i can sleep and take a Euro Biz class 4 hours to Cairo (during the day), then two angled lay flats on that old 777-300ER. And the fact that it's $200+ cheaper seals the deal.
No need to fight... this whole thread was mostly about the AZ fare... I agree the 2-3-2 from MIA-CDG would be terrible but they have changed the schedule a zillion times, I think CDG-CAI was on the 789 at some point.
Overall yes I agree with you USA-EU with AZ gives you a guaranteed good seat with the other hop in crappy euro-business. AF is a gamble and at the example listed above is not as good value or quality as the AZ option
olive branch offer accepted?
Old Feb 28, 2021, 10:16 pm

I'm tempted to book on Air France since AZ does not mention anything on their website in regards to refunds. AF is doing no change fees AND refunds if needed.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 11:09 pm

We flew it last year to Rome for a holiday. Every biz class flight attendant looked at you like you just farted in their face. Not ONE smile the entire trip and each looked like they wanted to be ANY place but on that airplane -- even the purser. The food was uber-salty (especially the pasta) and overall wasn't close to the food you get on KLM or Delta. My mom said it was the worst biz class flight she'd ever had by a LONG shot. The seats, btw, were very very comfortable but if you don't get the matrimonial row, your feet spill out into the aisle. It's bothersome.

ATL
Have done a few trips in AZ Magnifica (both A332 and B772) and maybe I was just lucky but overall was impressed. Food and wine were quite good (leagues better than D1, which is consistently underwhelming) Poltrona Frau seats are a nice touch, and the crew was pleasant, though never suffocatingly friendly. I do agree that seats aligned with the aisle feel exposed, window aligned are much more private. Your mileage obviously may vary.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 12:20 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by tipsyinmadras
Have done a few trips in AZ Magnifica (both A332 and B772) and maybe I was just lucky but overall was impressed. Food and wine were quite good (leagues better than D1, which is consistently underwhelming) Poltrona Frau seats are a nice touch, and the crew was pleasant, though never suffocatingly friendly. I do agree that seats aligned with the aisle feel exposed, window aligned are much more private. Your mileage obviously may vary.
I can confirm -had multiple lonhaul flights with AZ to Asia, the US and South America and all were very good - especially the food which was prepared like an Italian chef would cook it - not some pseudo Italian food interpretations
Old May 18, 2021, 12:52 am

Looks like this deal is still available + better schedule if departing from FLL:
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...en-US&curr=USD

Edit: The fare ex. FLL disappeared. But here's an idea to add 2 extra segments (via TLV) for just $100 more --
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...en-US&curr=USD

Last edited by MaxVO; May 18, 2021 at 2:01 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.