Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

EK F: BKK to MCT €1918 (via HKG & DXB)

EK F: BKK to MCT €1918 (via HKG & DXB)

Old Dec 25, 20, 1:49 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Multiple locations
Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Posts: 4,040
EK F: BKK to MCT €1918 (via HKG & DXB)

Originally posted in the CAI-DXB thread but might be worth it's own thread... 27+ hours of EK First (24+ of them on the A380) or in FT terms at least 15 bottles of Dom Perignon 🍾🍾🍾 for €1918... Hopefully borders are open in September (sample dates)

Simple BKK-MCT


BKK-MCT via HKG with stopovers


The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.
Source: My site PremiumCabin.Deals
vivrant, raporot, z4017 and 5 others like this.
jfkeze is offline  
Old Dec 25, 20, 2:24 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: France
Programs: Aeroflot Gold - TAP Gold - AAdvantage Platinum
Posts: 83
Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
Originally posted in the CAI-DXB thread but might be worth it's own thread... 27+ hours of EK First (24+ of them on the A380) or in FT terms at least 15 bottles of Dom Perignon 🍾🍾🍾 for €1918... Hopefully borders are open in September (sample dates)

Simple BKK-MCT


BKK-MCT via HKG with stopovers


The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.
Source: My site PremiumCabin.Deals
I LOVE this deal, like 15 Dom Pι *170 € / bottle, sounds they pay you to fly! But Is it a deal or a regular fare?

More seriously its amazing and I hope we can fly it next winter :-)

Thanks ;-)
jfkeze likes this.
advisorytoptop is offline  
Old Dec 25, 20, 2:29 pm
  #3  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: SAN, BOS
Programs: AS MVPG75, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Posts: 1,229
From my math, this comes out to 39.5k AS rdm (before status), which is a nice rebate on this pretty cool fare.
vivrant, jfkeze and advisorytoptop like this.
TravelingZoomer is offline  
Old Dec 25, 20, 2:41 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,773
EY J for $1170 return
Round trip to Muscat | Google Flights
skywalkerLAX likes this.
mileageking is offline  
Old Dec 25, 20, 4:57 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Programs: NZ
Posts: 1,021
[QUOTE=advisorytoptop;32912879].... I hope we can fly it next winter :-)
/QUOTE]

DXB/BKK/HKG and vv: This route is currently being served by a B777, with a 3 class A380 due to replace it at the end of March 2021. It then appears to revert to a 2 class A380 from end October 2021.However given the changeability of schedules/aircraft at the moment anything could change.
advisorytoptop likes this.

Last edited by minz56; Dec 25, 20 at 5:05 pm
minz56 is offline  
Old Dec 25, 20, 8:09 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: YVR
Programs: UA 1K, AS 75K
Posts: 212
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer View Post
From my math, this comes out to 39.5k AS rdm (before status), which is a nice rebate on this pretty cool fare.
Think your calc is just a bit off because of the HKG-BKK-DXB and DXB-BKK-HKG. They’re thru flights and only count as 1 sector each way
It comes to 36.6K before status bonuses
Flying for Fun likes this.
shuttlerider is offline  
Old Dec 26, 20, 1:42 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 304
Random question - is it possible to book this routing as a Qantas codeshare and therefore earn Avios?
Tofino87 is online now  
Old Dec 26, 20, 1:43 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Aarhus, DK
Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Posts: 591
Originally Posted by Tofino87 View Post
Random question - is it possible to book this routing as a Qantas codeshare and therefore earn Avios?
To earn avios you need both qantas numbers and qantas metal. One or the other doesn't work.
Tofino87 likes this.
NextWhiteDeath is offline  
Old Dec 26, 20, 2:24 am
  #9  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: London
Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, TK
Posts: 13,997
c
Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath View Post
To earn avios you need both qantas numbers and qantas metal. One or the other doesn't work.
I posted the WhereToCredit table for this trip in another thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32913161-post23.html

They query assumed break of journey in HKG, so DXB BKK becomes two sectors.
IAN-UK is offline  
Old Dec 26, 20, 2:28 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Aarhus, DK
Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Posts: 591
Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
c

I posted the WhereToCredit table for this trip in another thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32913161-post23.html

They query assumed break of journey in HKG, so DXB BKK becomes two sectors.
I was just saying to the other person that even if they could get Qantas Codeshare numbers on the flight they wouldn't earn avios.
I personally know that EK isn't the best unless you credit to Alaska. TAP is another option but I would guess that very few people have statues with them.
NextWhiteDeath is offline  
Old Dec 26, 20, 2:43 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: HEL
Programs: OWE
Posts: 456
Did I understand correctly that there is no change fee and that each sector can be changed separately as much as needed?
Alec84 is offline  
Old Dec 26, 20, 5:34 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Queens, NY
Programs: SPG/Marriott Plat, AA Plat, HH Gold
Posts: 956
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer View Post
From my math, this comes out to 39.5k AS rdm (before status), which is a nice rebate on this pretty cool fare.
+ 11,500 Amex points if booking with Plat Amex as they give 5x on airfare.
vivrant is offline  
Old Dec 26, 20, 5:37 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Queens, NY
Programs: SPG/Marriott Plat, AA Plat, HH Gold
Posts: 956
Originally Posted by Alec84 View Post
Did I understand correctly that there is no change fee and that each sector can be changed separately as much as needed?
That is correct. No change fee and it fully refundable.
vivrant is offline  
Old Dec 26, 20, 7:54 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,112
A dummy booking on the EK website takes it all into First Flex and shows it as a BKK-MCT return for mileage purposes so not so good for Skywards miles by the look of it.
xfisgsm likes this.
ft101 is offline  
Old Dec 26, 20, 8:09 am
  #15  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Multiple locations
Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Posts: 4,040
Originally Posted by ft101 View Post
A dummy booking on the EK website takes it all into First Flex and shows it as a BKK-MCT return for mileage purposes so not so good for Skywards miles by the look of it.
Not sure about Skywards mileage program but technically it is a BKK-MCT return, Alaska is the sweetspot for EK F and other Fs in my opinion.
LoungeLizardHugo likes this.
jfkeze is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: