Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] EK F: BKK to MCT €1918 (via HKG & DXB)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2020, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

Originally posted in the CAI-DXB thread but might be worth it's own thread... 27+ hours of EK First (24+ of them on the A380) or in FT terms at least 15 bottles of Dom Perignon 🍾🍾🍾 for €1918... Hopefully borders are open in September (sample dates)

Simple BKK-MCT

BKK-MCT via HKG with stopovers

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.
Source: My site PremiumCabin.Deals
vivrant, raporot, juddles and 6 others like this.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 2:24 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum - Aeroflot Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by jfkeze
Originally posted in the CAI-DXB thread but might be worth it's own thread... 27+ hours of EK First (24+ of them on the A380) or in FT terms at least 15 bottles of Dom Perignon 🍾🍾🍾 for €1918... Hopefully borders are open in September (sample dates)

Simple BKK-MCT

BKK-MCT via HKG with stopovers

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.
Source: My site PremiumCabin.Deals
I LOVE this deal, like 15 Dom Pé *170 € / bottle, sounds they pay you to fly! But Is it a deal or a regular fare?

More seriously its amazing and I hope we can fly it next winter :-)

Thanks ;-)
jfkeze and Ursa81 like this.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 2:29 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
From my math, this comes out to 39.5k AS rdm (before status), which is a nice rebate on this pretty cool fare.
vivrant, jfkeze and advisorytoptop like this.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 2:41 pm

EY J for $1170 return
Round trip to Muscat | Google Flights
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 4:57 pm

Programs: NZ
[QUOTE=advisorytoptop;32912879].... I hope we can fly it next winter :-)
/QUOTE]

DXB/BKK/HKG and vv: This route is currently being served by a B777, with a 3 class A380 due to replace it at the end of March 2021. It then appears to revert to a 2 class A380 from end October 2021.However given the changeability of schedules/aircraft at the moment anything could change.
advisorytoptop likes this.

Last edited by minz56; Dec 25, 2020 at 5:05 pm
Old Dec 25, 2020, 8:09 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
From my math, this comes out to 39.5k AS rdm (before status), which is a nice rebate on this pretty cool fare.
Think your calc is just a bit off because of the HKG-BKK-DXB and DXB-BKK-HKG. They’re thru flights and only count as 1 sector each way
It comes to 36.6K before status bonuses
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 1:42 am

Random question - is it possible to book this routing as a Qantas codeshare and therefore earn Avios?
Old Dec 26, 2020, 1:43 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Tofino87
Random question - is it possible to book this routing as a Qantas codeshare and therefore earn Avios?
To earn avios you need both qantas numbers and qantas metal. One or the other doesn't work.
Tofino87 likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
c
Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath
To earn avios you need both qantas numbers and qantas metal. One or the other doesn't work.
I posted the WhereToCredit table for this trip in another thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32913161-post23.html

They query assumed break of journey in HKG, so DXB BKK becomes two sectors.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 2:28 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
c

I posted the WhereToCredit table for this trip in another thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32913161-post23.html

They query assumed break of journey in HKG, so DXB BKK becomes two sectors.
I was just saying to the other person that even if they could get Qantas Codeshare numbers on the flight they wouldn't earn avios.
I personally know that EK isn't the best unless you credit to Alaska. TAP is another option but I would guess that very few people have statues with them.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 2:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Did I understand correctly that there is no change fee and that each sector can be changed separately as much as needed?
Old Dec 26, 2020, 5:34 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
+ 11,500 Amex points if booking with Plat Amex as they give 5x on airfare.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 5:37 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Alec84
Did I understand correctly that there is no change fee and that each sector can be changed separately as much as needed?
That is correct. No change fee and it fully refundable.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 7:54 am

A dummy booking on the EK website takes it all into First Flex and shows it as a BKK-MCT return for mileage purposes so not so good for Skywards miles by the look of it.
xfisgsm likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
A dummy booking on the EK website takes it all into First Flex and shows it as a BKK-MCT return for mileage purposes so not so good for Skywards miles by the look of it.
Not sure about Skywards mileage program but technically it is a BKK-MCT return, Alaska is the sweetspot for EK F and other Fs in my opinion.
LoungeLizardHugo likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.