Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] EK F: BKK to MCT €1918 (via HKG & DXB)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] EK F: BKK to MCT €1918 (via HKG & DXB)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2020, 2:44 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Originally Posted by advisorytoptop
I called back again as I have a trip CAI to DXB this week to be aware about change possibilities, they agreed the "booking class" means "fare" in their system and many fares possible in a "fare" (so they don't use the correct word in the policy summarize page), different prices can happened in a fare A or a Fare F,

Before October 1st 2020, they confirm there was not change fee and no fare differences if you wanted to rebook in the future.
Of course in the same booking class, there are several “amount of money” that can be paid depending on restriction on the ticket (min-max stay/transfers/stopover etc....).
However, the EK website says: your fare (amount of money) will be accepted (= no fare difference)....if you rebook in the same booking class (A/F) as your original booking
Old Dec 29, 2020, 3:01 am

Programs: NZ
DELETED .... my head is spinning!!!
Old Dec 29, 2020, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by canadavid
Of course in the same booking class, there are several “amount of money” that can be paid depending on restriction on the ticket (min-max stay/transfers/stopover etc....).
However, the EK website says: your fare (amount of money) will be accepted (= no fare difference)....if you rebook in the same booking class (A/F) as your original booking

just as well it’s a refundable ticket because this is confusing. EK Twitter said that you use the current fare of your tickets towards a new booking but fare difference still applies.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by britishflyer
just as well it’s a refundable ticket because this is confusing. EK Twitter said that you use the current fare of your tickets towards a new booking but fare difference still applies.
That's what they told me too. I have, however, gone back for further clarification.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 3:24 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum - Aeroflot Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by canadavid

Even its write on the policy summarize, its not accurate following many calls with different person, fare A can have fare difference that will apply... but they also said if you book fare F, you will never pay any change difference as its the highest fare in First class, so they will not check the fare difference even there is, but only the availability of F in the flight you want to. Its tricky but I guess the best is to book in fare F directly and you avoid fare A fare differences
raporot likes this.

Last edited by advisorytoptop; Dec 29, 2020 at 3:31 am
Old Dec 29, 2020, 3:31 am

They also said if you book fare F, you will never pay any change difference as its the highest fare in First class, so they will not check the fare difference even there is, but only the availability of F in the flight you want to. Its tricky but I guess the best is to book in fare F directly and you avoid fare A fare differences
for my BKK to HKG to MCT, there wasn’t an option to select fare F. It just had First Flex, do you know how we can check what fare code it was booked into after booking?
Old Dec 29, 2020, 3:44 am

Even its write on the policy summarize, its not accurate following many calls with different person, fare A can have fare difference that will apply... but they also said if you book fare F, you will never pay any change difference as its the highest fare in First class, so they will not check the fare difference even there is, but only the availability of F in the flight you want to. Its tricky but I guess the best is to book in fare F directly and you avoid fare A fare differences
FYI, there are actually two A-fare (same name/reference, different amount of money !) and three F-fare in the First Cabin
So I am still confident that fare difference will not be checked if you have a class-to-class rebooking

Old Dec 29, 2020, 3:55 am

for my BKK to HKG to MCT, there wasn’t an option to select fare F. It just had First Flex, do you know how we can check what fare code it was booked into after booking?
Flex is A fare
Flex plus is F fare

jfkeze likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 4:21 am

Programs: Flying Blue, IHG plat, GHA Black, HH Gold
I tried even the same date as your example and I don’t see the option to select the fare option (A or F). I tried multiple dates as well and none sofar gave me the option (i tried both on iPad and laptop as well).
Old Dec 29, 2020, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by MrML
I tried even the same date as your example and I don’t see the option to select the fare option (A or F). I tried multiple dates as well and none sofar gave me the option (i tried both on iPad and laptop as well).
Strange, maybe try the emirates app on mobile
Old Dec 29, 2020, 4:43 am

You can check in your terms and conditions : for example in fare F the fare basis shows up, but as canadavid showed up its possible to have different fares in a "fare basis", welcome to the jungle

Old Dec 29, 2020, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by alp67
Well, the Keep your ticket options say so. Requesting a refund I was offered to keep my speculatively booked Oct 2021 ticket for 24 months with the same rules e.g. change of destination within the same region - foc.

As mentioned above, all flights are in October 2021.
Did some research regarding ticket options. Sadly, things don't look that exciting anymore.
1) Keep your ticket only applies to tickets starting on/before June 30th, as of now. The message above I received while canceling an October 2021 ticket is kind of a glitch - everyone who is canceling is getting that message, regardless of flight date
2) Tickets qualifying for Keep your ticket are specifically marked at EK's end, so the agents instantly see wether or not a ticket qualifies.
3) I called three different call centres, unfortunately all agents came up with the same answer reg. fare difference: Any fare difference will be levied and has to be paid.

I canceled my Oct ticket while leaving the June ticket untouched so far. Will see how things unfold.
EK's website states refund within 15 working days, cancelation confirmation email says 90 working days.
tropikey and turbofanblade like this.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 9:15 am

Programs: SAS EBD, QR Platinumr, HH Gold, Intercont Platinum Ambassador,CC Gold
This dirt cheap F-class ticket is probably due to the fact that Oman Air signed a codeshare agreement with QR, and that Oman Air flies directly from BKK to MCT, and are usually fairly nicely priced.
jfkeze and minz56 like this.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 1:07 pm

OK, further clarification from EK Facebook agent on fare repricing (and they were very clear):

Basically the agent said that fare repricing will only occur if the same booking class is not available when you rebook and you need to move to a higher booking class (eg A to F). Here is their actual response:

Spoiler

MaxVO, raporot and alp67 like this.

Last edited by minz56; Dec 29, 2020 at 1:31 pm
Old Dec 29, 2020, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by minz56
OK, further clarification from EK Facebook agent on fare repricing (and they were very clear):

Basically the agent said that fare repricing will only occur if the same booking class is not available when you rebook and you need to move to a higher booking class (eg A to F). Here is their actual response:

Spoiler

Totally agree with you. It is what I have said 24hrs ago :-)
But good news to all of you who have booked these tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.