Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] EK F: BKK to MCT €1918 (via HKG & DXB)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] EK F: BKK to MCT €1918 (via HKG & DXB)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2021, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by plae
When I changed startlocation LHR to AMS I also had to pay like €50 in extra tax. That was all.
But I had to be persuade the agents to find a ticket in the same class. It seems like they automaticly see a price class. And only if they really search manually they see cheaper classes. I have told this in a earlier post in this topic.
Even with the APD ex London you still had a higher charge? Or was that a processing fee?
Old Feb 7, 2021, 12:38 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum - Aeroflot Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
This is the issue with EK and fares like this. If they put a 2 class back on a certain route, you'll be downgraded and you'll get absolutely nothing back for that downgrade.
Why they don't compensate for downgrade?
Old Feb 7, 2021, 12:40 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by advisorytoptop
Why they don't compensate for downgrade?
They will refund the fare difference between F and J but there is some funky math around which fare they compare to. There is a high chance that the compensation will be minimal and not worth it the downgrade.
advisorytoptop likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 1:31 am

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath
They will refund the fare difference between F and J but there is some funky math around which fare they compare to. There is a high chance that the compensation will be minimal and not worth it the downgrade.
You'd probably be better just to take a full refund on the original ticket.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 3:21 am
R2

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Not sure if this has already been noted. It's a sobering thought for the Dom Pérignon brigade PASSENGERS PURCHASING FIRST CLASS TRAVEL WILL BE

ACCOMMODATED IN BUSINESS CLASS WITHOUT

COMPENSATION ON SECTORS WHERE THERE IS NO FIRST

CLASS CABIN.
I think it's worth bringing up this post from a couple of weeks ago.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Even with the APD ex London you still had a higher charge? Or was that a processing fee?
Maybe this will help you? I'm not sure I'm sorry.

First ticket (LHR-DBX)
Fare information Fare GBP255 Equivalent fare - Taxes / Fees / Charges (TFC) GBP80.00-GB GBP40.93-UB GBP50.00-YQ GBP15.00-AE GBP7.00-F6 GBP1.00-TP GBP2.00- ZR Total fare (Incl. TFC) GBP450.93 Form of payment CREDIT CARD Fare calculation LON EK DXB Q26.78 143.95TLASPGB1/EOL4 EK LON Q26.78 143.95TLASPGB1/EOL4 NUC341.46 END ROE.746766 Additional information NON-END/SAVER/246491/REWARD UPGRADE RESTRICTED

Second ticket (AMS-DBX)
Fare information Fare GBP255 Equivalent fare - Taxes / Fees / Charges (TFC) GBP11.30-CJ GBP13.70-RN GBP7.10-VV PD1-TP PD2-ZR PD7- F6 PD15-AE PD40.93-UB PD50-YQ PD80-GB Total fare (Incl. TFC) GBP32.1A Form of payment CREDIT CARD Fare calculation AMS EK DXB Q24.23 336.87TLEAPNL1 EK AMS336.88TLEAPNL1NUC697.98END ROE0.82523 Additional information NON-END/SAVER/246491/REWARD UPGRADE RESTRICTED**REISSUED UNDER COVID 19 CHNG POLICY***
Old Feb 8, 2021, 6:56 pm

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
I decided to take partial advantage of this deal after finishing a cruise in BKK in early November. Nowhere near as exciting as many above, but Mrs. CC would lob my head off if I tried this with her in tow...

Settled on a one way BKK-HKG in J on the 2 class A380 - no shower or Dom, but still crosses off a bucket list item. Then HKG-DXB-BAH in F (777-300), for 1165 Euros each. Transiting through BAH to AUH via Ethiad to try their F product to BRU using Aeropesos.

Kudos to those who get to enjoy the full experience here.

CC
Old Feb 8, 2021, 10:05 pm

Woah!!! I had no idea that this fare was available one-way. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.......
Old Feb 9, 2021, 1:53 am

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by standbyalldtime
Woah!!! I had no idea that this fare was available one-way. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.......
It is, but it is quite a bit more than half the price of a return (AFAIK).
Old Feb 24, 2021, 3:54 pm

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
One more data point to note here, I was able to change my one way November flight originally booked to BAH (from BKK-HKG-DXB-BAH) to end in DXB, with no problems. I simply asked them to confirm that my ticket was fully refundable, which they did, then inquired about changing within the same area at no extra fee. No mention of June end timing was ever mentioned, only the fact that I would not get any refund for killing the last leg.

Hopefully this bodes well for others who wish to make changes to their flights later in the year....

CC
Old Feb 25, 2021, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
One more data point to note here, I was able to change my one way November flight originally booked to BAH (from BKK-HKG-DXB-BAH) to end in DXB, with no problems. I simply asked them to confirm that my ticket was fully refundable, which they did, then inquired about changing within the same area at no extra fee. No mention of June end timing was ever mentioned, only the fact that I would not get any refund for killing the last leg.

Hopefully this bodes well for others who wish to make changes to their flights later in the year....

CC
It looks like https://www.emirates.com/us/english/...icket-options/ was just updated a few days ago to reflect that tickets with travel until Sept 30th are now eligible for the increased flexibility!

Does anybody know if the short hop between DXB and AMM is long enough to allow shower suite access? It's blocked at 2H 55M....

Last edited by standbyalldtime; Feb 25, 2021 at 2:00 am
Old Feb 25, 2021, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
As a DP, I was able to cancel this and got a refund within the week.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 8:42 pm

Programs: OZ & BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott & Accor Plat
MCT-DXB in October just downgraded from First to Business Class... lets hope that doesn't happen with a longer segment ;-)
Old Mar 22, 2021, 8:37 am

Looks like the 3 class A380 is once again back on select BKK-DXB and HKG-DXB flights again in November. The 2 class A380 that was originally scheduled to fly BKK-HKG has now been replaced by a 3 class 777.

I booked BKK-HKG-DXB in F for early November, with the 2 class A380 on the first leg. Now that this has been upgraded to 3 class, I am going to see if I can get this leg in the 777 moved to F, rather than the angled flat J product...

On the upside my HKG-DXB leg is now on the 3 class A380, so Mrs. CC will get to try the highly touted showed

CC
minz56, standbyalldtime and Slunko like this.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
Looks like the 3 class A380 is once again back on select BKK-DXB and HKG-DXB flights again in November. The 2 class A380 that was originally scheduled to fly BKK-HKG has now been replaced by a 3 class 777.

I booked BKK-HKG-DXB in F for early November, with the 2 class A380 on the first leg. Now that this has been upgraded to 3 class, I am going to see if I can get this leg in the 777 moved to F, rather than the angled flat J product...

On the upside my HKG-DXB leg is now on the 3 class A380, so Mrs. CC will get to try the highly touted showed

CC
That's wonderful news! I might try to rebook the "return" to November rather than December then.

Does anybody know if Emirates' ticket flexibility policies can be applied more than once? I already used it to rebook to AMM instead of MCT, wondering if they would allow me to change dates to November as well using the same policy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.