Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] EK F: BKK to MCT €1918 (via HKG & DXB)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] EK F: BKK to MCT €1918 (via HKG & DXB)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2021, 5:44 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Did you call or could you change online?
Old Feb 1, 2021, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by wholenoni
Booked BKK-HKG-BKK-DXB-MCT-DXB-BKK-HKG-BKK for $2098 then changed to AMM for 2408 THBaht (~$80) add collect, if you do MCT the EK return to DXB long layover gets hotel, othersise the shorter connects are on flydubai. I opted for long layovers both DXB-AMM-DXB for 2 hotels plus meals, looking forward to virtual 777 windows even if I don't get an A380 40,000 ft shower. On a side note, flydubai cancelled a J class IST-DXB-RGN $1208 ticket and refused refund, had to get credit card dispute to refund. - still no restoration of Yangon flights 8 months later - voucher worthless. BEWARE FLYDUBAI!!!

Wait AMM had the new 777s?
Old Feb 1, 2021, 4:19 am

no sales restriction anymore

fare will be bookable beyond today as adjusted fare rules indicate:

edit:
title should be no book by date anymore, but well, you guys know what I mean.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 9:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
I hate dateless ends because they’ll just pull it anytime
Old Feb 1, 2021, 1:03 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by alp67
fare will be bookable beyond today as adjusted fare rules indicate:

edit:
title should be no book by date anymore, but well, you guys know what I mean.
According to what I am seeing tickets now need to be issued by 15 February 2021.

Category 15: Sales restrictions
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 15FEB 21.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 3:19 pm

Programs: skymiles
Change destination same region

twittered Emirates support

Last edited by wholenoni; Feb 1, 2021 at 3:24 pm Reason: expound
Old Feb 2, 2021, 2:28 pm

Anyone able to price this anymore? EK website seems very patchy and either shows no availability or fails to get a price after all flight selections. Been looking at Sept/October dates..
Old Feb 2, 2021, 3:19 pm

Programs: skymiles
With 8 legs bkk-hkg and hkg-bkk

Originally Posted by wanderupfront
Anyone able to price this anymore? EK website seems very patchy and either shows no availability or fails to get a price after all flight selections. Been looking at Sept/October dates..
tried ITA Fare matrix? I show every day available
321 likes this.

Last edited by wholenoni; Feb 2, 2021 at 3:24 pm
Old Feb 2, 2021, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by wanderupfront
Here you go. I compiled 8 segments on GF to BAH in Sep/Oct.. Play around with dates as needed.

Trip from Bangkok | Google Flights
Old Feb 3, 2021, 1:34 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite Plus, SQ Gold, BA Gold, VS Gold, Globalist, HH Diamond
Just as information for all who need to postpone that trip: from November on BKK-HKG has only 2-class inventory. So you´ll be downgraded to business class fo those legs.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 6:02 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by andigoeskiwi
Just as information for all who need to postpone that trip: from November on BKK-HKG has only 2-class inventory. So you´ll be downgraded to business class fo those legs.
This is the issue with EK and fares like this. If they put a 2 class back on a certain route, you'll be downgraded and you'll get absolutely nothing back for that downgrade.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 5:13 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by wholenoni
twittered Emirates support
I tried, but was told that a destination change within the same region was subject to a fare increase unless tickets were purchased before September 2020. So I'm outa luck.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 5:53 pm

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by andaman C
I tried, but was told that a destination change within the same region was subject to a fare increase unless tickets were purchased before September 2020. So I'm outa luck.
I phoned its China call center last Saturday and was told that I don't need to pay the fare difference for a destination change within the same region. Maybe you need to find another Emirates agent?
Old Feb 4, 2021, 1:45 am
R2

Originally Posted by andaman C
Originally Posted by z4017
I phoned its China call center last Saturday and was told that I don't need to pay the fare difference for a destination change within the same region. Maybe you need to find another Emirates agent?
I bought this fare to AMS a couple of weeks ago. The destination change policy according to EK website (for travel by end June) is:

The fare you paid will be accepted for any flight to the same destination or within the same region in the same travel class. For example, if your original booking was for London, you can rebook it for Amsterdam in the same booking class for no extra charge.
I wanted to potentially change the destination to LHR and contacted EK via the chat function on their website twice, both agents said the same:

Yes, you can change your destination within Europe. But if same fare is not available then you need to pay fare difference./
They went on to say that they would only waive the change fee. I said this is not what's on their website and they said the website might be not updated.

I asked the first agent how much the fare difference would be to change to LHR, he quoted AED970. I thanked him and didn't do the change. I then tried to change the destination on the EK website and it gave me a much higher additional charge (close to AED3000) but when I checked the fare breakdown, the additional tax was exactly AED970! So it appears they do waive the fare difference (and any change fee) but want to collect additional taxes. Fair enough but why can't they train their CSRs on such basic things .

I then checked on their website MMB what the additional charge would be for an open-jaw, outbound to LHR, inbound from ARN. It came out at AED220 (this was for a fare difference of AED240, the taxes were AED20 lower. I opened another chat and for the exact same dates and flights the CSR said he can change it for no additional charge. I got the new e-ticket within a couple of minutes.
SFO777, alp67 and Flyingfares like this.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:54 am

When I changed startlocation LHR to AMS I also had to pay like €50 in extra tax. That was all.
But I had to be persuade the agents to find a ticket in the same class. It seems like they automaticly see a price class. And only if they really search manually they see cheaper classes. I have told this in a earlier post in this topic.
skywalkerLAX likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.