Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AZUL Business: LIS to GIG/SAO From €858

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2020, 2:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum - Aeroflot Gold (RIP)

Book in (I) Business Class - A330 neo - Great seat

LIS to VCP (Sao Paulo - Campinas) €858

https://flights.app.goo.gl/XnEF6

LIS to GIG (Rio) €868

https://flights.app.goo.gl/tVe3v

One Way possible : half price and with some OTA'S like opodo can be as lower as €340

VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING ON/AFTER 03DEC 20 AND ON/
BEFORE 09JUL 21.
OR - VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING ON/AFTER 06AUG 21 AND
ON/BEFORE 30SEP 21.

You can earn miles with Aeroplan (new) and others : https://www.wheretocredit.com/azul-airlines/i
IstKong likes this.

Last edited by advisorytoptop; Dec 4, 2020 at 5:21 am
Old Dec 4, 2020, 2:12 am

Programs: TK Elite+, SPG Plat, Jetsmarter
Works for pretty much every Azul destination in Brazil - and also ow from Europe for roughly half wich is great!

You can get a good chuck off by using an OTA but probably not a good idea atm
advisorytoptop likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by advisorytoptop
LIS to CVP (Sao Paulo) €858

A geeky correction: Viracopos (Campinas SP) is VCP.

.....and note that Google doesn't recognise Viracopos as a Sao Paulo airport (under the metropolitan SAO code). So with GoogleFlights you need to search under Campinas or VCP: other booking sites should be more orthodox.

It's a friendly fare, but unless you're travelling from Portugal positioning for the 9am departure will mean budgeting for flights and overnight costs in Lisbon.
advisorytoptop, nilsrtw and jfkeze like this.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 6:09 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
A geeky correction: Viracopos (Campinas SP) is VCP.

.....and note that Google doesn't recognise Viracopos as a Sao Paulo airport (under the metropolitan SAO code). So with GoogleFlights you need to search under Campinas or VCP: other booking sites should be more orthodox.

It's a friendly fare, but unless you're travelling from Portugal positioning for the 9am departure will mean budgeting for flights and overnight costs in Lisbon.
Hotels are cheap in Lisbon and it's a city well worth visiting.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
These fares are just a bit cheaper than the recent Black Friday LATAM fares ex Germany. To me HAM or FRA is a much more convenient departure point than LIS (as flights to LIS are quite limited now and will most likely be for a while)
Old Dec 4, 2020, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by IstKong
Hotels are cheap in Lisbon and it's a city well worth visiting.
I've no argument with the charms of Lisbon! But hotels in Lisbon used to be cheap. The quite extraordinary tourism boom that has hit the city over recent years has pushed rates to the top end of just-about-reasonable.
MaxVO likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
These fares are just a bit cheaper than the recent Black Friday LATAM fares ex Germany. To me HAM or FRA is a much more convenient departure point than LIS (as flights to LIS are quite limited now and will most likely be for a while)

But this fare allows a one-way for 350€ via OTA, and you can go back in Europe using some miles because Brazil don't charge enormous airfare taxes, so it's often smart to use miles for flights out of Brazil.

Sure if you live in Germany the LATAM fare was excellent (but with limited availability during holidays), but this Azul fare is also pretty nice for those who will need positioning in all case.

You also can enjoy a few days in Portugal with decent weather in winter and no test/quarantine like in Germany...
Old Dec 4, 2020, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by IstKong
But this fare allows a one-way for 350€ via OTA, and you can go back in Europe using some miles because Brazil don't charge enormous airfare taxes, so it's often smart to use miles for flights out of Brazil.

Sure if you live in Germany the LATAM fare was excellent (but with limited availability during holidays), but this Azul fare is also pretty nice for those who will need positioning in all case.

You also can enjoy a few days in Portugal with decent weather in winter and no test/quarantine like in Germany...
That's what I was planning on.. still have a GRU-LHR open from the Avios sale.

Does anyone know what the Azul Covid policies are? Can't really find anything on the website.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I agree that the OW fare is quite good.

AZUL int. flights eligible with TK M&S or is it only domestic AZUL flights?
Old Dec 4, 2020, 9:33 am

You won't earn TK M&S status. Only rewards miles (150% for the long haul, 100% for the domestic).
  • Miles&Smiles members can earn status and bonus Miles from flights operated by Azul Brazilian Airlines.
  • Miles&Smiles members can request Miles from their past Azul flights within 6 months after the flight activity.
  • Earning status Miles on Azul is restricted to the following markets: Travel between Brazil and Domestic Brazil, Argentina, United States, Uruguay and French Guiana.
  • Miles&Smiles reserves the right for program partner companies to change flight locations on condition that prior warning is given.
  • Miles are earned in accordance with the class specified by the airline operating the flight.
  • Miles&Smiles members must keep hold of their original boarding pass and ticket copies until the flight has appeared on their account statement.
For reference, this fare books in I (long-haul) and Y (domestic).

https://www.turkishairlines.com/fr-f...zul-brazilian/

Last edited by IstKong; Dec 4, 2020 at 3:28 pm
Old Dec 4, 2020, 10:15 am

I'd think you would only get bonus, not status miles on EU-Brazil flights based on this. But you never know with TK..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.