Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LX/LH UK companion fares F from £1499pp and J from £430pp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX/LH UK companion fares F from £1499pp and J from £430pp

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2020, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by standbyalldtime
Has anybody managed to get a combo of LH 747 and SQ A380 booked recently? Thinking about pulling the trigger but all I've found are LX 777 itineraries :/
Word on the street is that SQ aren't flying their A380s or any First Class at all until November 2021 at the very earliest.
AndSwede likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by Arghmeinaugen
Word on the street is that SQ aren't flying their A380s or any First Class at all until November 2021 at the very earliest.
Does that indicate that there will be no flight or tjat LX will fill the gap for SQ or that simply there will just be SQ flying A350 without first?

Last edited by AndSwede; Nov 30, 2020 at 3:25 pm Reason: Misses
Old Dec 1, 2020, 1:48 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AndSwede
Does that indicate that there will be no flight or tjat LX will fill the gap for SQ or that simply there will just be SQ flying A350 without first?

They will most likely continue to fly 350. But again, quite literally nobody can tell what will happen a year from now... Look where we were a year ago.
chris63 and AndSwede like this.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by standbyalldtime
Has anybody managed to get a combo of LH 747 and SQ A380 booked recently? Thinking about pulling the trigger but all I've found are LX 777 itineraries :/
LH is only flying A340, and SQ only A350 to SIN for the foreseeable future.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by hdogan
LH is only flying A340, and SQ only A350 to SIN for the foreseeable future.
LH is scheduling 747-8 from March 28th onwards, bookable on lufthansa.com
Old Dec 1, 2020, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by alp67
LH is scheduling 747-8 from March 28th onwards, bookable on lufthansa.com
It's just summer schedule which hasn't been touched yet. 747-8 was scheduled in the beginning of winter schedule too, and then switched to 340. I flew it just over a month ago. Booked the flight as 747-8, just after the winter schedule was sorted it got switched to A340...
Old Feb 12, 2021, 11:11 am

For those that are interested this fare is back (SFO777 - plug your ears ).

Book by 08 March for travel up to 07 Feb 2022
SFO777, jfkeze, Pilot37 and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 2:04 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by hdogan
It's just summer schedule which hasn't been touched yet. 747-8 was scheduled in the beginning of winter schedule too, and then switched to 340. I flew it just over a month ago. Booked the flight as 747-8, just after the winter schedule was sorted it got switched to A340...
don’t think they’ll switch back to A340 since LH announced a few weeks ago to retire the entire A340 fleet.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 2:05 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by kilo
For those that are interested this fare is back (SFO777 - plug your ears ).

Book by 08 March for travel up to 07 Feb 2022
great news! Going to see if we can now change our current tickets from the last sale . Its getting a little to close to call to travel this summer.

[edit]
Can't find a single date between November and February 2022 where F is available with LH.

Last edited by kevinflyaway; Feb 13, 2021 at 9:06 am
Old Feb 13, 2021, 12:18 pm

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
They pulled a bunch of A class availability around my dates as soon as I went passed the name entry screen on the Lufthansa.com booking flow - I booked 3 A class seats and LH pulled about 12 available A seats around those dates, so clearly there is significant dynamic capacity control.

It's a s hame as I would have booked an A class seat at the one person price if they hadn’t done that. I’d have though capacity constraining to A1 would be better way of allowing single bookings but offering the 2-for-1 price?

Last edited by alexwuk; Feb 13, 2021 at 4:39 pm
Old Feb 28, 2021, 6:00 am

Got a e-mail today from LH that the European flights are changed, due to schedule change. The return is over more then 2 hours change in time, so we are entitled to ask for a full refund. Even though I was very optimistic when booking last year, I don't think Singapore will be open in August of this years. So we would you jump at the chance to get refund now and see what other deals might come up?

I just checked that they only fly once a week to SIN at the moment. But I think it's a risk to think they will cancel the FRA-SIN part of the flight in order to get a rebooking to any other booking class.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 6:51 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by kevinflyaway
Got a e-mail today from LH that the European flights are changed, due to schedule change. The return is over more then 2 hours change in time, so we are entitled to ask for a full refund. Even though I was very optimistic when booking last year, I don't think Singapore will be open in August of this years. So we would you jump at the chance to get refund now and see what other deals might come up?

I just checked that they only fly once a week to SIN at the moment. But I think it's a risk to think they will cancel the FRA-SIN part of the flight in order to get a rebooking to any other booking class.
A refund will only get you the cash paid back into your account of course, and not the incredible "value" that these low priced tickets have intrinsically. It's also possible to reschedule your trip up to the validity of the ticket (probably 12 months after purchase). OTOH there are so many deals about right now, I have several of these reservations. I have rescheduled most and have cancelled 1 (which didn't have any realisitic dates before the validity expired).
Old Feb 28, 2021, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by sbams
A refund will only get you the cash paid back into your account of course, and not the incredible "value" that these low priced tickets have intrinsically. It's also possible to reschedule your trip up to the validity of the ticket (probably 12 months after purchase). OTOH there are so many deals about right now, I have several of these reservations. I have rescheduled most and have cancelled 1 (which didn't have any realisitic dates before the validity expired).
yes, thats true. If I would know they cancel the flight we would be able to rebook to any other date in the future.

thing is that if we would have to change, because they will fly it will be slim pickens with rebooking. All sales availability to SIN is empty with LH..

thats why I thought then rather have money back then 2K of LH voucher.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 4:29 am

So we decided to roll the dice and rebooked the furthest possible outbound flight within the eligibility of the ticket, which was end of November.

Great news was that I could pick any flight on any day that had availability So we went from a mid-week departure and Monday return (could only find 1 out of 40 days with the LH departure) to a easy Saturday departure and Thursday return

The ticket booked now costs over 16.000 pounds

Fingers crossed, just bought ourselves another three months of waiting for Singapore to open again!
kilo, Currybelly and Flyingfares like this.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 4:29 am

Congrats - few quick questions

- Were you only able to re-book into A Class Sales fares or any fares available?
- Were you able to rebook onto Swiss flights only or also Singapore?
- When you "furthest possible outbound flight within the eligibility of the ticket" - is there a limited number of months they'd let you move it or is this something else?

I have flights booked with them in July, they've also sent me a mail about moving or refund - but wasn't clear if I could rebook back onto SQ (at the moment have Swiss outbound and SQ F on the A380 inbound (which I know they aren't and won't be flying at the time)

Thanks for the help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.