Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

TAP Moscow - RAK or CMN J for $US178 OW or $US415 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAP Moscow - RAK or CMN J for $US178 OW or $US415 RT

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2020, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Lightbulb TAP Moscow - RAK or CMN J for $US178 OW or $US415 RT

Till end of March

OW
https://www.momondo.com/flight-search/MOW-CMN,RAK/2021-03-05/business?sort=price_a

RT

https://www.momondo.com/flight-searc...e_a&fs=cabin=b

https://www.momondo.com/flight-searc...s?sort=price_a
Flyingfares and ClassActTH14 like this.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 1:30 pm

Rather not ... DME LIS is close to 6h operated by A32x in "European" business - dreadful experience!
Old Jul 18, 2020, 1:38 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by MichaelA380
Rather not ... DME LIS is close to 6h operated by A32x in "European" business - dreadful experience!
I agree if would be a dreadful experience and not exciting. As it credits at 200% in a lot of programs it fall truly under only a milage run at that price. I couldn't image why someone would fly it otherwise.
Also if anything gets cancelled it is a pain in the ... to deal with TAP on the best of days.
Flyingfares and Alex1983 like this.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I have plenty Russian friends who would love to visit Morocco at some point. Quite simply, why pay for economy if you can get business at this price. But I am unable to find the SU fare.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
IBut I am unable to find the SU fare.
Maybe because the OP has posted a TP fare not a SU fare?
Old Jul 19, 2020, 7:42 am

I have plenty Russian friends who would love to visit Morocco at some point. Quite simply, why pay for economy if you can get business at this price. But I am unable to find the SU fare.
It *is* an economy seat at a business seat price. The only difference is in the mileage earning.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
The OP's given a helpful link to Momondo, but you can find it on GoogleFlights (GoToGate £344 round-trip to Marrakech) or on TAP's very own website for £356.

It's not such a brilliant deal, given that it's TAP. It doesn't look a pricey route unless you do it on Royal Air Maroc, for £1,500
Alex1983 and ClassActTH14 like this.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tr3k
It *is* an economy seat at a business seat price. The only difference is in the mileage earning.
It is not flat, but it is wider and reclines more.
From Moscow not so many special J offers.
Here you can fly to LIS directly for 178 US$
Old Jul 19, 2020, 12:01 pm

Programs: AS, DL
Seat isn't so bad, I think

As I recall, this isn't your usual 'Eurobusiness' seat. It is more like domestic US biz...essentially premium economy. Could be worth it.
Alex1983 likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 12:01 pm

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze
AFAIK TAP's 32x have different business class seats, including rather comfortable 2-2 deep recliners similar to SU or TK. So check aircraft types and mind any last-minute switches.
Alex1983 likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Croupier
Maybe because the OP has posted a TP fare not a SU fare?
Oh yes, you're quite right. My mistake totally, there is indeed no SU mentioned. I think I must have transposed the US without realizing it. Anyway, great fares for anyone who can use them.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 12:28 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by jackie64
As I recall, this isn't your usual 'Eurobusiness' seat. It is more like domestic US biz...essentially premium economy. Could be worth it.
I think it more like extra legroom seats on US airlines with some extra service. Of course if tap puts on one of there long range A321 then you will get a good seat but otherwise there short haul business is between eurobusiness and US domestic as the seating is still 3-3 and not 2-2
Old Jul 19, 2020, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by Alex1983
No, it is / does not.
Originally Posted by jackie64
As I recall, this isn't your usual 'Eurobusiness' seat. It is more like domestic US biz...essentially premium economy.
Unfortunately your recollection is wrong.
Originally Posted by planestupid
AFAIK TAP's 32x have different business class seats, including rather comfortable 2-2 deep recliners similar to SU or TK.
That is incorrect.

The least thing you could have all done is go to the website of TP and check, as the info is there - seat pitch is 32", seat width is 17.6" and recline is 8.4°, which are the same as in economy, with the middle seat blocked in the first few rows of TAP Executive. I have flown it no less that a dozen times in 2019 - on every possible A32x type, including NEO, and this was the seat experience on all flights.
tr3k and Keter like this.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by planestupid
AFAIK TAP's 32x have different business class seats, including rather comfortable 2-2 deep recliners similar to SU or TK. So check aircraft types and mind any last-minute switches.

I wish. TAP operates/ed A321LR aircraft with a dedicated business-class on some transatlantic routes.

But i think Moscow and some other long routes get the regular short-haul A320.

I did a long-haul business-class trip in one of these crates. Lisbon to Sao Tome via Accra. Perfectly horrible: every J-class seat was taken - even the nominally empty centre seats were filled.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by Alex1983
From Moscow not so many special J offers.
Here you can fly to LIS directly for 178 US$
You can have the same experience for a lot less sitting a few rows further to the back.

TAP A320 "business" class, as mentioned above, is a few forward rows of their standard economy cabin - not even extra leg room. I've flown that "business" class a few times and it was absolutely awful (owing, primarily, to TAPs horrendous confrontational non-service). Among these, was a flight during which flight attendants purposely blocked me (with a cart) from coming back to my "business" seat in row 1, for a total of over 1 hour. I had to spend 1 hour standing in the rear galley.

If I was flying "economy" in a row further back - that standing time might have been shorter, at least

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.