Wiki Posts
Search

AA: LAX to UIO from $666

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2020, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
AA: LAX to UIO from $666

Los Angeles to Quito, Ecuador via Dallas with American Airlines. 360 TPs with BA.

Book Flights Here!

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.
Source: My site PremiumCabin.Deals

Last edited by jfkeze; Jun 9, 2020 at 6:34 am
Old Jun 5, 2020, 10:37 am

Programs: American Airlines
Matrix shows this fare can be routed LAX-JFK-MIA-UIO for scattered dates over the next year for around $725. Not the most direct routing, but probably the most comfortable.

There are also a bunch of other routings for around $670 with an extra transfer in the US that would add 80TP total. For example LAX-PHX-DFW-UIO has good availability into next year.

If you are in it just for the tier points go LAX-MIA-DFW-UIO round trip at ~$800 for 640TP.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I briefly considered this, but the return options ex-UIO are brutal. Either a redeye in recliners to MIA or DFW, or an equally awful 6am departure to MIA.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 3:18 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by dkc192
I briefly considered this, but the return options ex-UIO are brutal. Either a redeye in recliners to MIA or DFW, or an equally awful 6am departure to MIA.
Yeah UIO is an bit of a weird airport when it comes to there long haul departures. European flights leave semi-normal departure times late evening and fly into Europe at lunch. Of course if everything goes to plan if something happens and you have to re-clear immigration your in for a 5 hour wait. When I was there I found the US bound departures just awfully timed. They all left basically at night. The only one with a good departure was Delta as they had a daytime flight.
Of course we all know why the departures are so late. No time zone difference and them wanting to get the plains back before more or less 6 am.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I can understand why AA has the redeyes to MIA and DFW, but not why their second MIA flight is at 6am, arriving in MIA at 10am. Do they really run a 12pm bank of connections?
Old Jun 5, 2020, 3:36 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by dkc192
I can understand why AA has the redeyes to MIA and DFW, but not why their second MIA flight is at 6am, arriving in MIA at 10am. Do they really run a 12pm bank of connections?
I think it more then do with aircraft utilization. Because they don't want the planes sitting on the ground for too long. As is often the problem with US-South America routes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.