Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LH/LX: BUD-North America rt First $2750-2900

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2020, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond

Great deal, especially for West Coast destinations. Seems pretty wide open to many US and Canadian cities. No companion ticket required.
​​​​​​

https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en...4*2.USD.294114

​Once again, hat tip to these guys: youhavebeenupgraded

​​​​​
kilo, ps9a, Flyingjon and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 12:16 pm

It's only 2799$ for Hawaii
https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en...4*2.USD.278483

It's only 2388$ for Hawaii back in J
https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en...4*2.USD.237668
kilo and FlyingFrZ like this.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Alex1983
Wow, it's cheaper to go to Hawaii than LAX or SFO. United seems to have some 777s scheduled for their Hawaii routes. Can potentially get lie flats all the way
Old Jun 1, 2020, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
I am seeing very decent flights ORD-WAW-BUD in J on LO (< USD 2000). Depending on the fare rules, you could get two really nice trips to eastern Europe, half in business and half in first for ~$2300 r/t each.

I know, not to/from the west coast, but a nice deal for those trips.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by Alex1983
business class is actually lower $1900+

Having said I think there is room to be speculative considering the recent SOF-HNL which was about $500 cheaper and the short lived CDG-HNL which was about $400 less
Old Jun 1, 2020, 1:04 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Excellent post! Too bad I've already booked too many trips from BUD to the US on the Delta fare in March, otherwise the HNL one is great!
Old Jun 2, 2020, 4:12 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
I like this this but i am reluctant to book it because I have serious doubts about the future availability and quality of true long-haul F. If First catering and ground experience are diminished, would it still be worth the premium over J fares (also available ex BUD)?
Old Jun 2, 2020, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Great First Class fare. Fares rules state cancellations/refunds and changes permissible with the usual 410 euro fee. One can avoid the change fee and the uncertainty of LH group refunds by adding a UA segment and buying the ticket on UA.com.
palmanfr and FlyingFrZ like this.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 7:07 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by airoli
I like this this but i am reluctant to book it because I have serious doubts about the future availability and quality of true long-haul F. If First catering and ground experience are diminished, would it still be worth the premium over J fares (also available ex BUD)?
While it could be right for the next few months, the First class experience will hopefully come back on LH/LX later this year. Also important to remember that the long haul segments book into A, which credit at least 200% on most *A FFP, if not 300%. This is to compare with the cheap P business class fares which sometimes don't credit anything on some FFP programs. Great fare anyway, I had the pleasure to fly First on Swiss 777 and LH 748 a few years ago and it was a nice experience overall (although not as good as AF's 777 in First IMHO)
Old Jun 2, 2020, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by palmanfr
While it could be right for the next few months, the First class experience will hopefully come back on LH/LX later this year. Also important to remember that the long haul segments book into A, which credit at least 200% on most *A FFP, if not 300%. This is to compare with the cheap P business class fares which sometimes don't credit anything on some FFP programs. Great fare anyway, I had the pleasure to fly First on Swiss 777 and LH 748 a few years ago and it was a nice experience overall (although not as good as AF's 777 in First IMHO)
Also the fare is available to EOS. I suspect the cutbacks on the premium cabin soft product will be mostly temporary. And I suspect it will be mostly back to normal by late 2020 or early 2021.

But for all of us this is all personal opinion and speculation.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 12:49 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Las Vegas with LX via SFO is foe 2623 USD...wow
Old Jun 2, 2020, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Man, that is a nice fare .... holy cow ... might be worth to figure this one out. Hmmmm .....
Old Jun 2, 2020, 2:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Anyone had luck / suggestion with multiple First Class Lounges locations routing via FRA,MUC,ZRH...? I cant figure out anything with longer layover.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
Anyone had luck / suggestion with multiple First Class Lounges locations routing via FRA,MUC,ZRH...? I cant figure out anything with longer layover.
What is your destination? I can see connection times up to 15 hours.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 7:13 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG Gold
Nice fare - thank you for posting! I wonder how long it will take for lounges to reopen and "normal" service levels to resume?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.