Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

It's back: Cx pe sin-lax/sfo us$966 rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2020, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones

As the title states SIN-LAX or SFO via HKG in PE. Looks like it's available on both GF and CX's website starting in August. HKG is supposed to open to transit pax starting June 1 but we'll see. SQ similiar price and non-stop. I do like the A350 CX uses to SFO as the seats are newer and I could usually get the seat I like.
E55 likes this.
Old May 28, 2020, 10:56 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
If you credit to AS, CX PE comes with a 10% COS bonus, SQ does not. I have only flown SQ J so I can't comment on their PE, CX PE is OK. I flew CX PE SIN-HKG-LAX & JFK-HKG-CPT return in January. I was supposed to fly the return LAX-HKG-SIN in early February but had to cancel.

Once transit is possible in HKG and how that looks is anybody'sguess, it is no guarantee that borders will be open in SIN. When they do open, I anticipate it will be only to certain areas initially. COVID-19 hotspots could continue to be barred just as the US has closed it's borders to Brazil.

James
Old May 28, 2020, 11:40 pm

JFK $1144 on CX and $1242 on SQ (via FRA)

EWR $1110 on SQ (non-stop) or $1144 on CX
Old May 29, 2020, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
If you credit to AS, CX PE comes with a 10% COS bonus, SQ does not. I have only flown SQ J so I can't comment on their PE, CX PE is OK. I flew CX PE SIN-HKG-LAX & JFK-HKG-CPT return in January. I was supposed to fly the return LAX-HKG-SIN in early February but had to cancel.

Once transit is possible in HKG and how that looks is anybody'sguess, it is no guarantee that borders will be open in SIN. When they do open, I anticipate it will be only to certain areas initially. COVID-19 hotspots could continue to be barred just as the US has closed it's borders to Brazil.

James
from June 1, these CX fares won’t have 10% bonus on AS, only the fully flexible W class which is usually more expensive then discount business class
Old May 29, 2020, 12:14 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA PLAT, EK GOLD, Hilton Diamond
Other way around LAX/SFO-SIN on various dates on SQ PY only $1075, $1082 direct with SQ site.
Old May 29, 2020, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by M Singh
Other way around LAX/SFO-SIN on various dates on SQ PY only $1075, $1082 direct with SQ site.
Nice. Also SQ PY from EWR non-stop $1129 / JFK (via FRA) $1176
Old May 29, 2020, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
For the CX fares, beware that E class is not upgradeable using Asia Miles. Only R and W classes are.
Old May 29, 2020, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by Harko
from June 1, these CX fares won’t have 10% bonus on AS, only the fully flexible W class which is usually more expensive then discount business class
Thanks, I didn't see that update. Perhaps I will give SQ a chance when it is possible to fly. CX PE isn't fantastic, I preferred my AA PE SCL-DFW-ICN with a DFW-PHX-DFW side trip in MCE and a 3 moth stopover for a little over $800.

EDIT: If you credited the CX itinerary to AA, two round trips would qualify for platinum Pro, three, Executive Platinum with the lowered thresholds.

James

Last edited by Flying for Fun; May 29, 2020 at 5:25 pm
Old May 30, 2020, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
deleted
Old May 30, 2020, 2:56 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
SQ Y+ ex NYC (intra Asia in Y) sample dates from Google Flights

Singapore Thu, Sep 3 – Wed, Sep 9 $1,129
Manila Thu, Oct 15 – Wed, Oct 21 $1,089
Denpasar Thu, Oct 1 – Wed, Oct 7 $1,093
Bangkok Thu, Oct 15 – Wed, Oct 21 $1,103
Jakarta Thu, Oct 15 – Wed, Oct 21 $1,093
Phuket Thu, Oct 15 – Wed, Oct 21 $1,103
Kuala Lumpur Thu, Oct 29 – Wed, Nov 4 $1,088
Old May 30, 2020, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by jfkeze

A lot of routes airlines are publishing have the caveat "pending government approval." In essence they are looking for cash now and will deal with the borders later. It isn't any different with cruise lines selling cruises that may not sail. The Alaska Cruise Season if offically dead as of two days ago but they actively sold sailings in anticipation that the Canadian ban on crise ships in Canadian waters would be lifted on July 1st. That didn't happen, in fact, more restrictive measures were put in place and extended to at least October 31st.

My FF program is AS and while these fares are attractive, I won't be booking anything until there is a very high likelihood that the flight will get me to my destination. Otherwise, IMHO, it is just a loan for a lottery ticket, particularly for September departures.

James
WanderingGent likes this.
Old May 31, 2020, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
A lot of routes airlines are publishing have the caveat "pending government approval." In essence they are looking for cash now and will deal with the borders later. It isn't any different with cruise lines selling cruises that may not sail. The Alaska Cruise Season if offically dead as of two days ago but they actively sold sailings in anticipation that the Canadian ban on crise ships in Canadian waters would be lifted on July 1st. That didn't happen, in fact, more restrictive measures were put in place and extended to at least October 31st.

My FF program is AS and while these fares are attractive, I won't be booking anything until there is a very high likelihood that the flight will get me to my destination. Otherwise, IMHO, it is just a loan for a lottery ticket, particularly for September departures.

James
Right! I'm not spending any money on airline tickets this year, but may use miles for an award back to the US, hopefully in September, but if the US doesn't get their act together soon, that may not be possible.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 1:28 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Pretty good fares, do you know which class these book into? I'm looking at this from a mileage-upgrade perspective (those are long flights, even in Y+). Anybody who can share some info? I have enough miles in a variety of *A programmes. Thanks!

Originally Posted by jfkeze

Old Jun 1, 2020, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by nomad1974
Pretty good fares, do you know which class these book into? I'm looking at this from a mileage-upgrade perspective (those are long flights, even in Y+). Anybody who can share some info? I have enough miles in a variety of *A programmes. Thanks!
The long-haul book into R class.

James

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.