Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AM: LAX/SFO-LIM/GRU/Eze from $630 rt in J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AM: LAX/SFO-LIM/GRU/Eze from $630 rt in J

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2020, 11:43 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by tboons
Able to fix a stopover? Mexico City is certainly worth a few nights stay. Had a good time just visiting the city and day trips. Good weather as well. But food gets abit boring.
Fare rule says yes for $50 each but for me it has been pricing out at least $140 extra or more.

I found the lowest MIA-SCL for $609 from an OTA, please edit to business class

https://www.fareboom.com/flights/P-MIA/P-SCL/2020-09-04/2020-09-14/business
Old Mar 28, 2020, 12:13 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
I booked a pair of LAX-SCL tickets for January 6-15 for $996 each directly on AeroMexico's website. I've done three of these LAX to SCL or EZE flights in past years. The comments upthread are spot on.

Here are some of the booking differences that I noticed from previous AeroMexico deals:
1. AeroMexico's website functionality is much improved. I've booked Expedia on at least one of the previous deals, but I see no reason to use an OTA here. Able to enter ff numbers and KTN's. Picked seats in the front cabin. AeroMexico immediately sent me e-tickets with the reservation number and the ticket numbers. AeroMexico's price is $40 less than Expedia.

2. AeroMexico's receipts (post-booking) showed the fare basis as TLNM6XOM. Nowhere during or after booking did I see a fare code like "I" or "J". Hope Delta does not call this a coach or a non-earning fare!

3. Google flights was useless for finding fares because it lists $700 fares that link to two OTA's that I never heard of (not Expedia, which was over twice as much), but both are called scams on Google searches. Buyer beware!
vincewy likes this.

Last edited by Bowgie; Mar 28, 2020 at 12:19 am
Old Mar 28, 2020, 1:20 am

Mco-eze $734 usd

Originally Posted by Bowgie
Here are some of the booking differences that I noticed from previous AeroMexico deals:
1. AeroMexico's website functionality is much improved. I've booked Expedia on at least one of the previous deals, but I see no reason to use an OTA here. Able to enter ff numbers and KTN's. Picked seats in the front cabin. AeroMexico immediately sent me e-tickets with the reservation number and the ticket numbers. AeroMexico's price is $40 less than Expedia.
Thank you, you just saved me $38 as the price has indeed gone down and I could cancel easily with Expedia this time.

If anyone interested there's also a new deal out of MCO, MCO-EZE for $734, sampled dates 9/5-9/14 for Labor Day Weekend,
Old Mar 28, 2020, 12:22 pm

This is awesome, works in reverse too!
Old Mar 28, 2020, 6:35 pm

The rules seem vague - Would a US-South America count for the more generous US-Mexico waiver policy, since it in part involves US-Mexico?
Old Mar 28, 2020, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by pinoysojourner
The rules seem vague - Would a US-South America count for the more generous US-Mexico waiver policy, since it in part involves US-Mexico?
They certainly didn't when I had to change my trip of last week. In fact, when I first contacted AM, there was no waiver at all. They then allowed a waiver (no $200) but mandatory add/collect for higher fare + phone fee.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 3:36 pm

Programs: aa plat / hilton gold / Caesar’s diamond / IHG sapphire elite
I just bought this for Thanksgiving week for $598 on Expedia!
Old Mar 30, 2020, 3:38 pm

How would I figure the Delta LAX-LIM biz fare (I) that I just got for $598 on Expedia? ? ? THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP! CHEERS FROM PALM SPRINGS!
Old Mar 30, 2020, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by aeisenmann
How would I figure the Delta LAX-LIM biz fare (I) that I just got for $598 on Expedia? ? ? THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP! CHEERS FROM PALM SPRINGS!
What are you asking about?
MQD?
MQM?
SkyMiles credited to your account (ie RDM's)?
Old Mar 30, 2020, 4:01 pm

RDM MQM and MQD’s. I’ve never been able to figure them out...this is for Delta base membership...going to move from AA to Delta this year I think.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 5:54 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by aeisenmann
RDM MQM and MQD’s. I’ve never been able to figure them out...this is for Delta base membership...going to move from AA to Delta this year I think.
A base Delta flyer on LAX-LIM would earn 16728 RDMs 12546 MQMs 3346 MQDs 5.59 MQD Ratio

Here is a simple tool in Google Sheets...
Old Mar 30, 2020, 10:14 pm

Programs: Sky team, hhonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by jfkeze
A base Delta flyer on LAX-LIM would earn 16728 RDMs 12546 MQMs 3346 MQDs 5.59 MQD Ratio

Here is a simple tool in Google Sheets...
At least that is the theory. From reading through this thread, it seems many have a hard time getting DL to credit these fares as nothing other than discount economy.

Keeps me from pulling the trigger although very tempting...of course the AM customer service reputation doesn't help.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 2:11 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by vincewy
I have talked enough caveats about AM and the deals. Having done North America - SCL/GRU a few times when deals are below $1500 from AM, here are the positives

1. Make the most out of MEX connection - this time northbound to MIA it's either 2 hours or 7 hours. I chose 7 hours, if flight is delayed then you'll have 4-5 hours and do what Eastbay1K just did. If on time, you have time to go to Centro Historico for a morning walk and enjoy breakfast at Cafe Popular (open 24 hours). Southbound, try to get a connection closest to 24 hours so you can see sights you missed last time in Mexico City. GRU/SCL/EZE all have morning departures so arriving after 10 am means it's just a connection (else the prices are usually much higher).

2. At price points below $1500 from US/Canada to GRU/SCL/EZE, I'll take the baggage allowance/food/service of Y just to be able to sit in front cabin and sleep. Even 788 seats are fine, especially if it's not full. AirAsiaX seems to be the first airlines to grasp this concept, the main perk many people want is simply being able to sleep horizontally when flights are more than 6 hours.

3. You get around 20-25K Delta miles for awards alone. I know sky pesos have devalued quite a bit but for 90-100K it's one-way J award to Asia. Also most recent booking AM seems to have fixed the glitch of DL FFP not in the system. This time even booking through Expedia my booking and DL SM shows up on the app.

In the end I pulled the trigger and booked for Sept as well with MIA-SCL.
I'm sorry, are you saying your flight you booked through Expedia on AM shows up on your DL app? I booked EZE for Thanksgiving week on Expedia and it's not showing up on my DL app, even though I entered all my details when booking.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by bsagator
I'm sorry, are you saying your flight you booked through Expedia on AM shows up on your DL app? I booked EZE for Thanksgiving week on Expedia and it's not showing up on my DL app, even though I entered all my details when booking.
On AM's app and website.

In the past it used to be impossible to put in DL Skymiles numbers on AM's reservations, and you have to let check-in agents to key in manually.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 6:37 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by Msafiritx
At least that is the theory. From reading through this thread, it seems many have a hard time getting DL to credit these fares as nothing other than discount economy.

Keeps me from pulling the trigger although very tempting...of course the AM customer service reputation doesn't help.
I published dozens of AM deals and have booked for clients some more complex Aeromexico tickets (hidden city, etc)...
The formula with Aeromexico is pretty simple:

1) Book ticket with AM on your favorite site
​​​​​​2) Screen shot the site or email that shows I class
3) At airport request that your FFN shows up on reservation and on the Boarding Pass (Do not accept a BP without your Delta FFN)
4) Enjoy trip, once doing the return repeat Step 3
5) If after a few days you don't have the miles... Reach out to Delta with copies of Boarding Pass and confirmation email
6) Relax and enjoy the MQDs...

The issue is that these fares are a Y-Up from a T or L class but are Business Class fares. There is no issue for them to be credited as I fares as that's what they show up online as in ITA Matrix, Expedia, etc. So follow the above steps and you should be ready to go 😀
(of course for complex tickets there are always consultants willing to help (cough cough cough) 😉, but for simple tickets anyone can do it)

​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.