Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Afkl XP run. HUY-GVA 90xp £450

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2020, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold

Obviously not a deal for everybody, humberside to geneva with the coveted double connection AMS-CDG available pretty much throughout march via opodo. There might be a sat night requirement. Either way its ideal for a weekend trip and
£5/xp from the uk is rare.

Old Feb 17, 2020, 4:13 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Try TRF or BLL out of almost any city in the UK + Scotland and you should get a 90 XP run... Not as fun as GVA but easily done in a weekend, they have a Saturday Night stay requirement.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Oh, if I could only make this work in reverse. But if it is an offer only for March, I would be looking at June. Unusual to have such a deal out of a place like Humberside.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Concerto
Unusual to have such a deal out of a place like Humberside.
You can say that again! It's a great little airport (just 2 gates) with 3 flights a day to AMS. The airport is actually closed between 12.30 and 15.30. The aspire lounge (accessible with lounge cards) is clean, and they personally announce your flight like in the good old days. Very well worth paying a little extra to fly from there for Y fares, but J fares are almost never on sale, which is why I thought this one was worth mentioning!
Old Feb 17, 2020, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe I can somehow wriggle it to work. Wonder if I can get to work from late June to early/mid August. Will have a monkey around with it at some point.

I am trying to get a trip to Bristol sorted out from somewhere in Europe, obviously transiting both CDG and AMS, but not having much luck so far.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just another question: what is the booking engine shown in the OP? I don't recognize is it as being any of the usual suspects, such as Opodo or Expedia.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Just another question: what is the booking engine shown in the OP? I don't recognize is it as being any of the usual suspects, such as Opodo or Expedia.
"Cf" didn't bring anything to mind?

I tapped "Cf Flights" into Google, and look what I found:
Attached Images  
Old Feb 18, 2020, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
You can say that again! It's a great little airport (just 2 gates) with 3 flights a day to AMS. The airport is actually closed between 12.30 and 15.30. The aspire lounge (accessible with lounge cards) is clean, and they personally announce your flight like in the good old days. Very well worth paying a little extra to fly from there for Y fares, but J fares are almost never on sale, which is why I thought this one was worth mentioning!
This is not a sale fare. This is just the normal AF O class fare from HUY. It is in line with other AF O class fare from UK departure point served by KLM metal but not AF metal to many European destinations routing via AMS and CDG all under AF code. Apart from GVA, other destinations such as MIL, FCO, BCN, MAD, BER, DUS, TRN, etc ... should work and the same from other departure points such as NWI, LBA, or MME. The difficulty lies in finding O availability in both directions.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by irishguy28
"Cf" didn't bring anything to mind?

I tapped "Cf Flights" into Google, and look what I found:
Great stuff, thanks. It's a learning curve here! I think the problem with me is, I have been extremely resistant to using or having a smartphone until quite recently, about 18 months ago. So my thinking process is still not developed in that way. Anyway, I'm sure Cheapflights is fine, even though I've never used them.

If it's O-class there must be reasonably good availability if booked well in advance.

Last edited by Concerto; Feb 18, 2020 at 4:53 am
Old Feb 18, 2020, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If it's O-class there must be reasonably good availability if booked well in advance.
Not necessarily. O-class availability is usually reasonably straightforward to find on XXX-CDG-YYY itinerary if booked sufficiently in advance, as you say, but less so on XXX-AMS-CDG-YYY itineraries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.