Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

DL PE JFK-BOM $1120, 4650 MQD, 16000 MQM, 24000 RDM, Expedia package

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL PE JFK-BOM $1120, 4650 MQD, 16000 MQM, 24000 RDM, Expedia package

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2020, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ats262
Thanks for the find atsc. I just booked it. Now I’m struggling where in Bom to stay for a few nights. Any suggestions welcomed.
Please post in Destinations - India forum for trip and hotel suggestions: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-478/
Old Feb 2, 2020, 9:59 pm

Programs: DL SM
Booked! Thanks!

Also, realized that on expedia, theres the option to "stay somewhere else"--I was able to still get the same pricing with a hotel stay in Pune.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by atsc
Expedia (I assume Orbitz as well) flight/hotel package with one hotel night JFK-BOM-JFK prices at $1120 (with cheapest hotel options). This books in class G with IT fare code, which earns 150% redeemable miles (approx 23317), 15545 flight miles with 50% bonus leading to 23317 MQM, which gets 20% MQD (approx $4663.5). Sample dates March 9 (JFK-BOM); March 22 (BOM-JFK).
Ok, booked! I got it as you mentioned, Expedia Bundle (flight/hotel package with one hotel night JFK-BOM-JFK), I really hope this is indeed a class G with IT fare code , yes about the "G" class on Premium, not sure about the "IT fare code" as I dont even know what it means, lol ,
Old Feb 3, 2020, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jreejimenez
Ok, booked! I got it as you mentioned, Expedia Bundle (flight/hotel package with one hotel night JFK-BOM-JFK), I really hope this is indeed a class G with IT fare code , yes about the "G" class on Premium, not sure about the "IT fare code" as I dont even know what it means, lol ,
Go to your delta.com account or FlyDelta app. Look for your receipt. It will show your fare code as IT or a numerical value for the fare paid.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 4:37 am

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by nutty92
It’s an exception fare because it’s part of a package, and earns based on the exception fare chart.

For these exception fares, you can call Delta right after you book and ask what the MQMs and MQDs are on it. If the agent says they can't, t hat agent just doesn't know where to look. 70% of the agents know, though. Try an agent until you find one who can tell you. If it's not what you were expecting, can always cancel in the 24 hour window. Just sayin'.

ATL
Old Feb 4, 2020, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by leroy11
Hello all
I’m very tempted by this deal. Does anyone know if there’s anyway to fly back with VS via LHR and add a few days there. I cannot figure out how to do a multi city search on the bundle / package page on Expedia. The London stop would help me justify the trip!
Dollars to MQDs and MQMs, this is the best deal you'll find on this planet for a mileage run. If you're Marriott person, i highly recommend the JW at the airport or the Renaissance which is about a 15-20 minute taxi from the airport. JW is new and nicer rooms but the service at Renaissance is terrific and it's on a beautiful lake. I just got back last week! I did a bulk fare in Biz on KLM with KLM and Delta equipment. Message me if you wanna know how that air trip went.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by ats262
Thanks for the find atsc. I just booked it. Now I’m struggling where in Bom to stay for a few nights. Any suggestions welcomed.
Looks like you're a Hilton person. But the JW MArriott at the airport (if you're just doing a mileage run) is new and nice rooms and restaurants. The Renaissance, which is about 15 minutes away by taxi (450 rupees at taxi stand) is great too. They both have free, fairly lengthy happy hours in the executive lounges, with free booze and food in the evenings and breakfast in the mornings. If you go, i'd book one of those rooms.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 5:46 pm

If it is Delta coded (marketed) flight on Delta ticket stock (006), it would earn MQM, MQD, RDM the same way as for this exception fare flight (50% bonus on RDM for G class, 20% of RDM as MQD). If it is marketed by Air France with ticket issued on Air France stock, you will earn 30% of RDM as MQD, assuming one of Prem econ fare classes W, S,A. You will earn 150% of actual flown miles as RDMs and MQMs.
So, pardon my ignorance here and there's a huge chance I'm just being a giant glutton for punishment as I could make this RT work after coming off a flight from NBO-JFK and then turning around for this run...But can anyone tell me if this bundle works and what the MQM and MQDs would be? I'm not too concerned about RDMs

Old Feb 5, 2020, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JayFarber
So, pardon my ignorance here and there's a huge chance I'm just being a giant glutton for punishment as I could make this RT work after coming off a flight from NBO-JFK and then turning around for this run...But can anyone tell me if this bundle works and what the MQM and MQDs would be? I'm not too concerned about RDMs

This does not give enough information to answer your question. If you click on "Show flight and baggage details", it should at least show you the fare class. Given that it says "special fare" it is likely to be an exception (IT) fare. It is also not clear whose ticket stock is going to be used.

I believe you can always cancel within 24 hours if you do not like what you get after ticketing it (post-ticketing is when you would have all the information to determine these parameters (MQM, MQD, and RDM) unambiguously!
Old Feb 5, 2020, 9:14 pm

This does not give enough information to answer your question. If you click on "Show flight and baggage details", it should at least show you the fare class. Given that it says "special fare" it is likely to be an exception (IT) fare. It is also not clear whose ticket stock is going to be used.

I believe you can always cancel within 24 hours if you do not like what you get after ticketing it (post-ticketing is when you would have all the information to determine these parameters (MQM, MQD, and RDM) unambiguously!
Sorry about that. The fare seems to have gone up on the previous screen shot. But this one is available for about $1500 RT

Old Feb 24, 2020, 4:09 am

Programs: DL DM & 2MM; Marriott Titanium
Can anyone who booked this deal and made the trip please confirm your Delta RDM, MQM & MQD earnings?
Old Mar 1, 2020, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by Karan
Is anyone getting similar fare from other cities
Yes, Im flying out if DC for $954 on AirFrance. March 19-22
Old Mar 2, 2020, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Michael Redmond
Yes, Im flying out if DC for $954 on AirFrance. March 19-22
I am flying JFK-BOM on March 9. I will report soon thereafter.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 11:05 am

Programs: DM Delta; VS Gold; HA Platinum; HHonors Diamond
I am flying JFK-BOM on March 9. I will report soon thereafter.
Thank you. I, like some other FT'ers, am particularly interested in how the MQMs and MDQs post if you purchased the *Special Fare* ticket through an OTA Air+Room package.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by metalblaze
Can anyone who booked this deal and made the trip please confirm your Delta RDM, MQM & MQD earnings?
i've done the bulk fares to Mumbai on Expedia twice now. Both times in Biz. Both times was at Z class and i got full points MQMs, etc.
I would imagine the Premium Select would book into G for 1.5x credit, like biz class. Regardless, just book it, call Delta, and they can tell there on their side. If you don't like it, cancel it. You have 24 hours on Expedia.

$1000 is a great deal from NYC. $1500 not so great. Remember: expedia has the biz class bulk fare to mumbai about 1-2 times a year. And you can get biz class from either KLM or AF for $2050-$2400.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.