FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   LH/LX: J/F companion fares from UK (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/2003578-lh-lx-j-f-companion-fares-uk.html)

Sam Bee Jan 27, 2020 5:10 am

Originally Posted by roked (Post 31996090)
How have you managed to do an open jaw flight if you don't mind me asking? I have tried all ways now, including calling both LH and Swiss CS and using the code. It also appears on 3rd party sites also but when I go through to the end, it comes back saying its 12000 more to book it even though I can still see it fine on standard return options. The CS tell me multi-fight is not part of the deal

I'm fortunate I have a GDS to play around with, but open jaw is 100% fine. Connecting flights on TG is fine to places like HKT & KBV.

Here's one I recreated so you can see - this involved SQ A380 as well... I just had a look on Expedia which took the price to £1,268 pp - check it out (remember 2 people needed)
20 Oct: LON-SIN 02 Nov: HKT-LON

roked Jan 27, 2020 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Sam Bee (Post 31999190)
I'm fortunate I have a GDS to play around with, but open jaw is 100% fine. Connecting flights on TG is fine to places like HKT & KBV.

Here's one I recreated so you can see - this involved SQ A380 as well... I just had a look on Expedia which took the price to £1,268 pp - check it out (remember 2 people needed)
20 Oct: LON-SIN 02 Nov: HKT-LON

Thanks for the info on this. The one I am trying to do shows ok on multi jaw initially too but once you give the payment details and submit, you then get the price rise. I think my main issue is the fact I am returning after Christmas and most sites like Expedia don't let you pick a flight that far ahead. I am reliant on the few that do, hence was wondering which way you did

Sam Bee Jan 28, 2020 2:55 am

Originally Posted by roked (Post 32001119)
Thanks for the info on this. The one I am trying to do shows ok on multi jaw initially too but once you give the payment details and submit, you then get the price rise. I think my main issue is the fact I am returning after Christmas and most sites like Expedia don't let you pick a flight that far ahead. I am reliant on the few that do, hence was wondering which way you did

I don't see any travel by date - only "VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING ON/AFTER 22JAN 20 AND ON/ BEFORE 10DEC 20." but of course availability will be limited in the post NY rush. There is also a 3 month Max stay.

Had a quick look and on LX / LH seats upto 23 Jan 2021 are available - I can see a LCY-HKG P Class Companion fare 10/11/20-23/01/21 for £1,100 pp available. If you're looking to return on / before then why not give the airline a call?

If you're after A Class (for first) it looks like they've been pretty much removed for all ex-UK married connectivity. However, you may be able to get it on the return - so the fares are combinable. i.e. P on the out (business) A/J (A = longhaul first J for shorthaul) achieveable for £1,550 on LX/LH to HKG from London anyway. Have you tried calling the airline?

godsavethepoints Jan 28, 2020 5:40 am

Just wanted to call out to anyone that Lufthansa/Swiss have emailed TA's, affiliates, etc to say lots of new dates announced. I'm seeing renewed avail for BKK, HKG and many more, particularly in F which had previously disappeared.

whiskey_sk Jan 28, 2020 7:28 am

Originally Posted by godsavethepoints (Post 32003262)
Just wanted to call out to anyone that Lufthansa/Swiss have emailed TA's, affiliates, etc to say lots of new dates announced. I'm seeing renewed avail for BKK, HKG and many more, particularly in F which had previously disappeared.

Any Japanese destinations by any chance?

godsavethepoints Jan 28, 2020 7:45 am

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk (Post 32003566)

Sadly not in any of the correspondence I received from LH/LX. Seoul was included, so not a bad option if Japan is the end goal. Cheers.

NJSwamplands Jan 28, 2020 8:39 am

Originally Posted by godsavethepoints (Post 32003262)

Just wanted to say hi to you and let you know I visit your site several times a day looking for your perspective on air travel.

ExpatSomchai Jan 28, 2020 9:45 am

Originally Posted by godsavethepoints (Post 32003632)
Sadly not in any of the correspondence I received from LH/LX. Seoul was included, so not a bad option if Japan is the end goal. Cheers.

QR do have some good deals from OSL to HND though https://www.google.com/flights?lite=...7*2.GBP.130457

roked Jan 28, 2020 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Sam Bee (Post 32002908)
I don't see any travel by date - only "VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING ON/AFTER 22JAN 20 AND ON/ BEFORE 10DEC 20." but of course availability will be limited in the post NY rush. There is also a 3 month Max stay.

Had a quick look and on LX / LH seats upto 23 Jan 2021 are available - I can see a LCY-HKG P Class Companion fare 10/11/20-23/01/21 for £1,100 pp available. If you're looking to return on / before then why not give the airline a call?

If you're after A Class (for first) it looks like they've been pretty much removed for all ex-UK married connectivity. However, you may be able to get it on the return - so the fares are combinable. i.e. P on the out (business) A/J (A = longhaul first J for shorthaul) achieveable for £1,550 on LX/LH to HKG from London anyway. Have you tried calling the airline?

There is no issue with the availability after Christmas on the offer from what I can see as long as you travel before the 10th, its just the multi jaw part. I have tried several times calling LH and Swiss, LH say its not part of the offer, Swiss (at least one of the ones I got through) tried all ways to get it with no luck.

However in part of my scraping the barrel today, I started looking at the lesser known ones (at least as far comparison sites etc are concerned) and finally got it booked with Carlton Leisure for a few pounds less than on LH. No doubt they will make that up later if I have to make any changes etc but I am finally happy to have it booked, £1440 each for a P outbound and A return is brilliant. I am still seeing A outbound by the way when looking, but could be just my dates have it and I was wanting P out anyway.

Thanks for your help and to the OP for posting it

Sam Bee Jan 28, 2020 1:41 pm

I'd rather book with Carlton Leisure than almost every other OTA that gets used tbh - normally very decent! But these are very restrictive, so you'd want to be avoiding changes no matter who you book with. Glad you got it!

Maestro Ramen Jan 29, 2020 3:55 am

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk (Post 32003566)

I did find an (Excellent) F deal to Seoul, with overnight stopovers in NRT or KIX (both ways). I'm wondering if a talented person would be able to extend one of these stopovers to last multiple nights...

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...fa074e3278.png

gordiegem Jan 29, 2020 6:09 am

LCY to BKK

Originally Posted by Sam Bee (Post 32002908)

I have been checking on Lufthansa and Swiss but unable to see any of those fares for early to mid January 2021. Carlton Leisure website does not go beyond end of December 2020. Need a UK to Bangkok Return in P.

Sam Bee Jan 29, 2020 8:25 am

Originally Posted by gordiegem (Post 32007452)
I have been checking on Lufthansa and Swiss but unable to see any of those fares for early to mid January 2021. Carlton Leisure website does not go beyond end of December 2020. Need a UK to Bangkok Return in P.

Call up and speak to a human being with one of the airlines or a travel company. You may pay £50 more, but you'll be able to book it before the fare expires. LX available until 24 Jan, LH a couple of days earlier. Trailfinders were advertising the fare.

roked Jan 29, 2020 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by gordiegem (Post 32007452)

I am not sure what you a looking at exactly but I can see the availability on LH (and might be on the others but not checked as I saw it on LH). There is better availability on A return in the new year but can see return P option on the 5th 11th, 12th from the couple of dates I tried for LHR inbound. I know from my attempts to book that I also found different (and better again for A at least) availability on the regional airports too, so if you are near one that is on offer, try looking there too

P.s. Carlton goes to the 25th Jan when I try selecting flight dates on there

gordiegem Jan 29, 2020 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by roked (Post 32008937)
I am not sure what you a looking at exactly but I can see the availability on LH (and might be on the others but not checked as I saw it on LH). There is better availability on A return in the new year but can see return P option on the 5th 11th, 12th from the couple of dates I tried for LHR inbound. I know from my attempts to book that I also found different (and better again for A at least) availability on the regional airports too, so if you are near one that is on offer, try looking there too

P.s. Carlton goes to the 25th Jan when I try selecting flight dates on there

Checked out Carlton for January 2021. Cheapest business class fare I can see for any London to BKK is £2000 per person.