FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   LH/LX: J/F companion fares from UK (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/2003578-lh-lx-j-f-companion-fares-uk.html)

pogonation Jan 9, 2020 4:16 pm

LH/LX: J/F companion fares from UK

Looks like Lufthansa has just released the famed companion fares from UK. lots of destinations and dates available. I cannot see the list of destinations and prices on their website yet so suspect it will come tomorrow.

some examples:

Business
SIN £1800
BKK £1250
HKG £1050
EZE £1500

First
SIN £2000
BKK £1830
DEL £1470
DAR £1470

As usual USA doesn’t seem to be involved. Have a play around :)

Mttrnd Jan 9, 2020 4:27 pm

Thanks for the heads up - have enjoyed these greatly before - however I can't seem to locate any fares at the moment.

Are you looking through LH website, ITA, etc? And please could you give an example?

Thanks again in advance!

pogonation Jan 9, 2020 4:35 pm

Using google flights shows all the destinations. They can be booked direct on the airline website or through most TAs (make sure you select 2 persons travelling). An example for BKK here.

Maestro Ramen Jan 9, 2020 5:38 pm

Thank you Pogo you are an absolute :-: !

Snatched a MAN-BKK return for two for £3575 in A!!!! Absolutely unbelievable price. Outbound on LH 380 with a smooth 9h in First terminal. Return on LX 777 with overnight stop (and a day tourism) in Zurich.

Indeed the offer is not yet available on Swiss.com (despite being advertised as such on ggl), but was able to ticket and confirm via Expedia.

Here are the cool destinations I found:
(From MAN and BHX) in F
DEL or BOM: £3000
NBO or DXB. £3000
BKK £3600 (Snatched!)
HKG £3800
SIN or MNL £4000

Availability had a wide range between May and November, but you have to play around with dates until you find what you like.

nickohrn Jan 9, 2020 10:18 pm

My wife and I flew this last time it was offered. I was able to force an open-jaw through Expedia even when neither the LH or LX website would show it and ended up doing LHR-FRA-PEK / HKG-ZRH-LHR. We had a great time. This is worth jumping on if you are interested.

If you want to fly SQ, it can sometimes be worked into these fares (at least according to ITA Matrix and some TAs on the last thread regarding these).

Nagolnagol Jan 10, 2020 1:17 am

Thanks, Booked MAN-NBO // NBO-EDI for October half-term. Does First class on Swiss include chauffeur transfer to airport at MAN? The relevant search on google takes me to a defunct Swiss Weblink

Got similar fare to DEL at Christmas 2019 and Lufthansa provided this service at EDI.

Maestro Ramen Jan 10, 2020 1:32 am

Originally Posted by Nagolnagol (Post 31931792)
Thanks, Booked MAN-NBO // NBO-EDI for October half-term. Does First class on Swiss include chauffeur transfer to airport at MAN? The relevant search on google takes me to a defunct Swiss Weblink

Got similar fare to DEL at Christmas 2019 and Lufthansa provided this service at EDI.

Allegedly, only of you booked direct via the uk swiss or LH website, assuming the service is still available (web page is indeed down).

lumit811 Jan 10, 2020 3:19 am

Nothing on the website directly showing these 2for1 offers. But £1200+ is a steal for LHR-ZRH on LX and ZRH-SIN on SQ! Too bad they don't sell F/A through these offers to SIN on SQ :(

chris63 Jan 10, 2020 4:11 am

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen (Post 31931826)
Allegedly, only of you booked direct via the uk swiss or LH website, assuming the service is still available (web page is indeed down).

The rule is it must be a F ticket issued in UK, this includes Expedia.co.uk, which is directly ticketed by LH in U.K., download the e-ticket receipt & it shows where the ticket was issued & check also that payment was taken by LH.

And the Limousine service still exists Ex UK.

ignorantcow Jan 10, 2020 4:11 am

gone. I was just booking it when it jumped. | || || |_

onlysuites Jan 10, 2020 4:43 am

Are these now gone? Shortest sale ever!

airborn Jan 10, 2020 5:00 am

Originally Posted by ignorantcow (Post 31932087)
gone. I was just booking it when it jumped. | || || |_

no its still there...just checked..

ignorantcow Jan 10, 2020 5:02 am

Originally Posted by airborn (Post 31932178)
no its still there...just checked..

Where are you seeing this?

I checked all OTAs as well as swiss.com

LON-BKK/SIN though

supersympa Jan 10, 2020 5:25 am

I tried to book as well LHR/ZRH/SIN and it is now gone
tried with MAN and EDI as well and cannot find anything anymore :(

Says "sold out" on Swiss.com

agentgemini Jan 10, 2020 5:51 am

Originally Posted by ignorantcow (Post 31932183)
Where are you seeing this?

I checked all OTAs as well as swiss.com

LON-BKK/SIN though

I looked as well and couldn't see these fares on Google, Lufthansa or Swiss Air. Am I missing something?

ignorantcow Jan 10, 2020 6:00 am

HKG's still alive but very limited dates

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...4f23115426.png

747-444 Jan 10, 2020 6:52 am

I can't seem to find it?

ignorantcow Jan 10, 2020 8:16 am

Ok I managed to ticket

LHR-ZRH-HKG (P, Business)
BKK-ZRH-LHR (A, First)

£1,427.97 p.p.

Not too bad.

pogonation Jan 10, 2020 9:22 am

Hmm, I wonder what happened here? It’s not a mistake fare. The fares are in line with the companion fares we had last year. The only thing I can think is that they launched the promo too early before they had published it on their website, so they have pulled it. Hopefully they are planning to re-launch it properly?

Mttrnd Jan 10, 2020 9:26 am

Needed SIN in Feb but only a few random dates available last night with had decent availability from April onwards.

It seems there's still availability on destinations in Africa & Middle East (though with some strange 35hr multi-hop feeder routings, e.g. BHX->MUC->FRA with long layovers), but Asia is virtually gone.

Odd to have such a brief sale and without any associated marketing. GSTP is reporting rumours "a strong rumour that Swiss and Lufthansa will add Asian destinations tomorrow".

Possible (/ wishful thinking) that some were released too early, and we might see another wave along with their usual companion promotion pages?

Raffles Jan 10, 2020 11:03 am

It might be early. It is not yet loaded into the affiliate marketing system, and whenever they run this we (ie those of use who get paid for writing about fare sales) are giving direct links to the special booking page.

DangerM55 Jan 10, 2020 3:12 pm

Does anyone know an end date for this sale? I start a new jobs b on Monday and don't want to risk jumping on this as I normally would without running it by the new boss!

more4less Jan 10, 2020 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by DangerM55 (Post 31934554)
Does anyone know an end date for this sale? I start a new jobs b on Monday and don't want to risk jumping on this as I normally would without running it by the new boss!

According to another web the sale ends on the 3rd Feb

FLYGVA Jan 11, 2020 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Raffles (Post 31933608)
It might be early. It is not yet loaded into the affiliate marketing system, and whenever they run this we (ie those of use who get paid for writing about fare sales) are giving direct links to the special booking page.

I did not receive it either. However, it seems that the usual landing page for partner offers of LX for departures from LHR work for this as well:

It would be
LX First ex London
LX Business ex London

There is not really any availability in First to HKG, SIN and BKK (except for one or two days in December 2020). I managed to see some availability using the aforementioned pages for NBO, DXB and DEL

I also managed to get a some fares for Premium-Economy-Class Partner offers (but in Euro). I am unable to get the LH landing page yet.
  • Bangkok ab 622 EUR
  • Delhi ab 622 EUR
  • Dubai ab 535 EUR
  • Hong Kong ab 649,50 EUR
  • Mumbai ab 622 EUR
Valid for departures between January 20, 2020 till December 10, 2020. MinStay is 6 days (some destination have Sunday Return Rule), MaxStay is 3 Month. You can book via LH Homepage and use the usual code for the premium offers.

If you like and if you understand German or use Google translate, you can have a look at the report on my German Speaking page about this offer (you can see the above mentioned examples in F to NBO, DEL and DXB there)

kryten22uk Jan 11, 2020 8:07 am

Originally Posted by FLYGVA (Post 31936678)
... the usual landing page for partner offers of LX for departures from LHR work ... there is not really any availability in First to HKG, SIN and BKK (except for one or two days in December 2020).

I think the discussion in this thread was along the lines of a lack of availability due to the sale not actually meant to be live yet. Or at least that was the hope.

vantage03 Jan 11, 2020 10:09 am

Originally Posted by kryten22uk (Post 31936838)
I think the discussion in this thread was along the lines of a lack of availability due to the sale not actually meant to be live yet. Or at least that was the hope.

It isn't that the sale isn't live, the fares are filed. It's that LH has basically zeroed-out A class ex-LHR for most dates now that the promotion is live. It's actually ridiculous... can't even book a normal A class fare for one person now.

FLYGVA Jan 11, 2020 11:21 am

Originally Posted by vantage03 (Post 31937252)
It isn't that the sale isn't live, the fares are filed. It's that LH has basically zeroed-out A class ex-LHR for most dates now that the promotion is live. It's actually ridiculous... can't even book a normal A class fare for one person now.

That is what actually surprised me. I was expecting a sale this time and checking fares regularly. The availability of A from the UK disappeared.

The fares of the partner sale are loaded in the system. LX even put the page live (but not from any other city in the UK). And let us be honest, no availability over the low season time for a destination like HKG in July or August is not the norm (though the Olympic Games in Tokyo might have an impact on the availability).

The fares are simply due of lack of availability not bookable in First. The only fare code available for many destinations is "F". I might be wrong and it might be temporary, but it seems, that "A" has vanished from a number of destinations in the last couple of days. And not only around the time of the Olympic Games in Tokyo.

Yes, this is strange. But this fare is not the regular fare, but a special fare. I hope (time will tell), that the fare is loaded, but someone has not adjusted the availability yet.

Agent69 Jan 11, 2020 1:47 pm

GF appears to be having aproblem with these fares. It is showing about £1200 for an individual fare, but changes to £1600 when you click through to the summary page.

chris63 Jan 11, 2020 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by vantage03 (Post 31937252)

Yes, beyond ridiculous, all A class is zeroed out ex MAN also, someone at RM lost the plot :rolleyes:

unusualtravelblog Jan 12, 2020 1:46 am

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 31939298)
Yes, beyond ridiculous, all A class is zeroed out ex MAN also, someone at RM lost the plot :rolleyes:

Maybe the responsible person still has to release availibility and will be therefore released during the work days (e.g. tomorrow).

chris63 Jan 12, 2020 2:39 am

Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog (Post 31939506)
Maybe the responsible person still has to release availibility and will be therefore released during the work days (e.g. tomorrow).

They are blocking all A inventory, not just for this promotion but for people like me who buy normal A class tickets, that’s dumb :rolleyes:

lumit811 Jan 12, 2020 8:10 am

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 31939298)

Having worked for an airline and loads with the RM teams across alliances, often times I find that they haven’t thought thru every circumstance and situation and more often than not, “losing the plot” is more or less completely down to human error. The filing is so poorly done that actually AI that asks - “Are you sure you want to do...?” - or picks up missed opportunities would do airlines all kinds of good... :-)

Maestro Ramen Jan 12, 2020 8:53 am

The J fares still seem to be bookable via OTA on google flights (BHX-BKK for £2400 in April-June, Sept, Nov).

However F fares are indeed dead in the water at the minute.

Scotland Jan 12, 2020 1:36 pm

F still available just booked 2 NBO tickets on LX.

NJSwamplands Jan 12, 2020 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by Scotland (Post 31941397)
F still available just booked 2 NBO tickets on LX.

Anything non-India, non-Africa?

ExpatSomchai Jan 12, 2020 5:08 pm

HKG seems to be the cheapest Business for 2 at £2167 https://www.google.com/flights?lite=...2*2.GBP.216662

ExpatSomchai Jan 12, 2020 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by NJSwamplands (Post 31942206)
Anything non-India, non-Africa?

£4122 to HKG https://www.google.com/flights?lite=...2*2.GBP.409122

NJSwamplands Jan 12, 2020 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai (Post 31942236)

Thanks, Anything to SIN?

Note: I did see the PEK to HKG in the above link was in Econ.

alexwuk Jan 13, 2020 6:46 am

If this is an advertised Sale, someone should complain to the Advertising Standards Authority. The systematic withdrawal of married A and P class availability for ex-UK departures is a flagrant breach of the ASA's requirement that a "significant" proportion of seats should be available at the advertised price.

https://www.asa.org.uk/advice-online...Cfrom%E2%80%9D

In the past the ASA has applied a rule of thumb that 10% of the products or services advertised should usually be available at the "from" price based on the 2010 BIS Pricing Practices Guide. In 2016 the CTSI published new Guidance For Traders on Pricing Practices. This new guidance states that, when using “from”, advertisers must ensure that a significant proportion of the product or service is available at the lead in fare.

Whilst the current guidance no longer uses the 10% rule, and instead states that a significant proportion should be available, it offers no further guidance on what is considered a significant proportion, and the ASA will investigate this on a case by case basis.

Maestro Ramen Jan 14, 2020 12:08 pm

I am getting a little bit worried.

The itinerary was ticketed and confirmed 4 days ago. I received a PNR. Was able to log it onto both LH and LX app, seems all good.

However I did not receive a payment confirmation. The fee does not appear on my CC's "pending" transactions. Basically, I didn't pay for these tickets.

Is this anything to worry about? Should I contact the OTA now or does this risk compromising this possibly unintended flash sale fare??!?

This is the first time this happens to me. Usually I'm debited immediately.