Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

CA: SFO to PEK from $1698!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2019, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

Air China is having a CNY sale from San Francisco to Beijing. This fare books into R class.[font]You will earn 14782 miles or 125% of flown distance in most Star Alliance programs except Air China where you would obtain 200% of flown distance or 23652 miles. United only gives 100% of flown distance or 11826 miles.[/font]

Source: My site PremiumCabinDeals

Old Nov 1, 2019, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Nice find. Able to price this at $1,525 with AMEX IAP.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 12:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Don't forget that many passports require a Chinese visa for this.
channa and LoungeLizardHugo like this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Don't forget that many passports require a Chinese visa for this.
Yes, a critical point which is easy to overlook but would result in tears. Cannot enter/leave from many (most?) countries and still qualify for visa-free transit. If you have China visa/passport, it's not an issue. Or if you don't plan to leave airport
Old Nov 2, 2019, 5:58 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by jfkeze

Air China is having a CNY sale from San Francisco to Beijing. This fare books into R class.You will earn 14782 miles or 125% of flown distance in most Star Alliance programs except Air China where you would obtain 200% of flown distance or 23652 miles. United only gives 100% of flown distance or 11826 miles.

Source: My site PremiumCabinDeals

Book Flights Here!

Thank you for the UA information.

Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
Yes, a critical point which is easy to overlook but would result in tears. Cannot enter/leave from many (most?) countries and still qualify for visa-free transit. If you have China visa/passport, it's not an issue. Or if you don't plan to leave airport
Is there an airside hotel?

Been a while since I had a visa for China. I seem to remember getting a visa was expensive and took a few weeks. I actually would want to travel onto Australia.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 6:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
It's an issue even if you don't plan to leave the airport. The airline won't permit you to board if your passport requires a visa and your itinerary is not TWOV compliant. This itinerary is not eligible for TWOV, even if one does an immediate turnaround and does not leave the airport.....and it doesn't matter whether these's an airside hotel, one would still need a visa for this unless one is using a passport for which mainland China does not require a visa.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It's an issue even if you don't plan to leave the airport. The airline won't permit you to board if your passport requires a visa and your itinerary is not TWOV compliant. This itinerary is not eligible for TWOV, even if one does an immediate turnaround and does not leave the airport.....and it doesn't matter whether these's an airside hotel, one would still need a visa for this unless one is using a passport for which mainland China does not require a visa.
You could nest (cash or miles) a PEK-XXX flight and use it as a cheap position flight... That eliminates the TWOV issue...
KL803 and Bonaventure like this.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
Thank you for the UA information.

Is there an airside hotel?

Been a while since I had a visa for China. I seem to remember getting a visa was expensive and took a few weeks. I actually would want to travel onto Australia.
No airside hotels at PEK.

Chinese Visa for US passport is something like $140 for 10 years - worth it IMO (much cheaper for passports of other required countries). Regular Visa processing should only take a couple of days; expedited process also available, including same-day, for the right fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.